• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

okay i was listening to it and contact started playing while i was on the toilet. best toilet session ever!

that song makes you feel like you are flying to the moon.

iKhayal18

I pre-ordered the vinyl for 18€ (around 23$) with a free carton-made official mask in Fnac, but in Amazon Spain the vinyl is at a similar price.

mascara_daftpunk.jpg

Koodo

Banned
Contact is how you end an album, GOD DAMN. None of that drowsy low-tempo shit many artists retread to for the finale. This was one LAST, INCREDIBLY-LONG, LASER-FOCUSED PUNCH before the curtains came down.

MNC

Give life back to the music
Within
Get Lucky
Touch

Currently at fragments of time, so far the album is good, though there's not a lot that I'd actively listen to, but rather put on as background music. The top 4 are what I'd really listen to actively.

Sullichin

Got this when the leak first hit and I was able to restrain myself. Will be listening to this for the first time as I walk to/travel on the bus on my way home. Hearing new Daft Punk while walking through Times Square should be interesting...

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
If someone told me this was the new AIR album, I might believe you.

If there's a moment that really defines this album, its when the stomping starts and Nile Rogers lets that groove out at the beginning of Lose Yourself. That's incredible.

Talon

If someone told me this was the new AIR album, I might believe you.

If there's a moment that I go back to on this album, its when the stomping starts and Nile Rogers lets that groove out at the beginning of Lose Yourself. That's incredible.
I was having the exact same thought. Feels like AIR.

Well, until Contact.

-GJ-

Fragments of Time is probably my least favorite track on the album. I mean it's still good, but I can't get over the cornball lyrics of Todd Edwards. I liked him better on Face to Face I guess. This song is supercheesy. I really like the instrumental though, especially the second half of the track.

The reactions in this thread... The album is 'okay', nothing special. A couple of tracks are decent but beyond that, it's nothing to shout about.

I think a lot of people will realise they got caught up in the hype in a few days/weeks time, and that the offering wasn't that amazing.

This thread... The album is 'okay', nothing special. A couple of tracks are decent but beyond that, it's nothing to shout about.

I think a lot of people will realise they got caught up in the hype in a few days/weeks time, and that the offering wasn't that amazing.
I think people have different tastes.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
This thread... The album is 'okay', nothing special. A couple of tracks are decent but beyond that, it's nothing to shout about.

I started off thinking the album was decent but by the end I was totally won over, so I think you are wrong.

Trickster

Maybe you just didn't like it as much as amost of us?

Courage

The reactions in this thread... The album is 'okay', nothing special. A couple of tracks are decent but beyond that, it's nothing to shout about.

Like a lot of people are saying, it's a slow burn, so I expect even more people liking it as time progresses.

Blair

Banned
Contact is how you end an album, GOD DAMN. None of that drowsy low-tempo shit many artists retread to for the finale. This was one LAST, INCREDIBLY-LONG, LASER-FOCUSED PUNCH before the curtains came down.

Best closing track since Beth/Rest

Delio

My fav tracks after two listens remains

Contact,Within,Doin it right,Beyond,Touch,Instant Crush and The game of love.

IceCold

Your username and avatar are fitting.

Feels bad man.

Contact was just alright,imo. Good ending to the album though.

Doin' It Right felt like an intro song. Really liked it.

Current faves:
Giorgio
Motherboard

Decent blend of DP and new DP tunes in general.

Vire

I think it's the most complete Daft Punk album yet.

Every other Daft Punk album had a few standout tracks and everything else was pretty skippable.

This is just solid the whole way through, and an absolute feel good pleasure to listen to.

It's making me happy.

Danielsan

he does have a point, people were calling this a gift from the heavens weeks before any leaks
People were hyping this up to ridiculous levels. Luckily Get Lucky came along to completely break down my hype. Because this album then ended up destroying all my expectations. I'm not sure if it's quite on Discovery levels, only time will tell, but right now, I'm on cloud 9 listening to this stuff.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
The change to live instrumentation gives it such a fresh feeling. It's the best thing they could've done.

Lucid07

Holy!! When Giorgio by Moroder kicks in around the 6 minute mark and then again at the 8 minute!! Cant wait to listen to the whole album.

kingocfs

I mean, that's what always happens with new shit. Only time will tell how this album measures up to their best.

Overall though I'm leaning more towards "okay" than "great," too.

Top Bottom