• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

"Motherboard" is my favorite song so far. Much more subdued than Discovery and Homework. Liking the album quite a bit, but will listen to again tonight with headphones.

Love how 'giorgio by moroder' goes through so many genres. 70s Rnb at the beginning before going into full on 70s/80s synth, then a little george benson inspired jazz, ending with some epic massive attack sounding shit. Love it

Contact is great, a perfect closer.

Overall the album feels too long but I like 3-4 songs. Motherboard is number one, Contact > Fragments of Time > Give Life Back To Music

Sai-kun

Banned
That nerd also said he hated On'n'on. FWIW Ohio is the only truly awful song on that album.

on'n'on is still bad sorry. even though ohio is bad, i like it more than on'n'on. worst song, worst song to play live, worst everything. ugh. just so bad. :(

edit: i am killing the buzz of a music thread so i'm out.

Hieberrr

Verse 1
Driving this road down to paradise
Letting the sunlight into my eyes
Our only plan is to improvise
And it's crystal clear that I don't ever want it to end
If I had it my way I would never leave
Keep building these random memories
Turning our days into melodies
And since I can't stay...

Chorus (x2)
I'll just keep playing back
These fragments of time
Everywhere I go
Those moments will shine

Verse 2
Familiar faces I've never seen
Living the gold in the silver dream
Making me feel like I'm seventeen
and it's crystal clear that I don't ever want it to end
If I had my way I would never leave
Keep building these random memories
Turning our days into melodies
and since I can't stay...

Chorus (x2)
These fragments of time
Everywhere I go
Those moments will shine

(Bridge)

Chorus
These fragments of time
Everywhere I go
Those moments will shine

These fragments of time
...Those moments will shine

I FUCKING LOVE THIS SONG!

jett

D-Member
Impressed by the Julian Casablancas track. I'm a strokes fan but wasn't sure what to expect with that.

You should probably check out his solo album Phrazes for the Young, it has a similar sound to Instant Crush. His voice, unfortunately, kind of ruins a lot of the material. Daft Punk was really smart to alter it for this album. :p

Wynnebeck

Banned
Posting again for new page:

PbWHsAv.jpg

You should probably check out his solo album Phrazes for the Young, it has a similar sound to Instant Crush. His voice, unfortunately, kind of ruins a lot of the material. Daft Punk was really smart to alter it for this album. :p

He sounded fine on Comedown Machine.

I'd rather somebody not sound perfect than sound fake and robotic. Instant Crush would be a great song with clean vocals no matter how limited Casablancas' range is.

Maddocks

I am loving Within and Instant Crush. I like Touch, but it needs to grow on me, first listen I wasnt feeling it. No doubt that will change with more listens.

Solo

I'm really (pleasantly) surprised by how much drum, bass and guitar work there is on this. It's almost the anti-EDM version of an EDM album.

jett

D-Member
This is not an EDM album. At all.

He sounded fine on Comedown Machine.

I'd rather somebody not sound perfect than sound fake and robotic. Instant Crush would be a great song with clean vocals no matter how limited Casablancas' range is.

I think Casablancas' voice is fine for the usual Strokes stuff, but it wasn't fine his solo album, and I think it would've been immensely distracting for the sound RAM is going for.

I am loving Within and Instant Crush. I like Touch, but it needs to grow on me, first listen I wasnt feeling it. No doubt that will change with more listens.

touch is probably my favorite song of the album. i thought it was cool on the first listen but this is the track i kept coming back to. REALLLLLYYY grew on me.

SKINNER!

Banned
Apart from Contact, is it me or does everyone seem to have their own unique favourite track rather than a universal "this track was great/awful" response. Quite special.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Apart from Contact, is it me or does everyone seem to have their own unique favourite track rather than a universal "this track was great/awful" response. Quite special.

the sign of a good record is when a group of fans can't agree on a bad track.

people don't dig Fragments of Time, I personally love it.

Jarmel

Banned

I think Within is probably going to be considered the worst. For best it looks to be a three-way race between Contact/Touch/Giorgio.

Will check it out. I'm also glad they changed his voice up.

"Contact" is fucking nuts. The whole album up to that point is pretty low key, and then it just fucking explodes at this track. Jesus H my ears.

Like "Wonder 2" on MBV. Must be the year of ear-shattering loud final tracks.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I can't get behind Remnants of Time. Kind of a weirdly pointless Hall & Oates imitation, nothing really interesting happening there.

Hieberrr

C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon...........................................

Top Bottom