• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Daft Punk are smart. Instead of making an album with samples, they are making an album with barely any of them. Then they will make a new album that samples it, and blow our minds (and load) yet again.

Haha, I listened to the itunes stream with someone offline here, and the first thing I said was "This entire thing is like an intentional garden of eden for remixers."

There's so much raw genetic material for sampling and adaptation.

jett

D-Member
I think Doin' it Right is definitely my least liked thing in this album. There's just not much depth to it.

what is this "entry-level" joke people keep repeating? i mean i think i get it, but where did it originate?

Somebody called Daft Punk entry level music in the Get Lucky thread.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Doin' it wrong
Haha, I listened to the itunes stream with someone offline here, and the first thing I said was "This entire thing is like an intentional garden of eden for remixers."

Daft Punk are going to be remixing the album themselves, apparently. Said so in a BBC interview with Pete Tong.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
just started Beyond, the only track that really stood out is Touch so far & i didnt care for the vocals

this is so mellow, its gonna take more listens to know how i really feel. the songs almost feel too clean to me, making them a bit lifeless
I'm sure the KTT Travis Scott-wannabe remixes will fix that for you!

IceCold

It's funny but this is really what they are doing. Daft Punk said in an interview that they are going to remix their own songs. They've only done this for 1-2 songs I believe (in Musique Vol. 1, Alive 2007 doesn't count since it's a live album). So I expect some type of dance/electro remix of RAM. It makes perfect sense since sampling is in their dna.

Then after 2 more albums, they'll release a Musique Vol. 2 album

I think the album could be better reshuffled and a couple of tracks trashed. Here's my preferred order:

Game of Love
Instant Crush
Giorgio by Moroder (preferably without the intro monologue)
Touch
Get Lucky
Beyond
Motherboard
Fragments of Time
Doin' It Right
Contact
Give Live Back to Music

jtb

Banned
I really liked the Doing it Right snippet (and I like Animal Collective in general) but for some reason the full song just isn't doing it for me.

Solo

CONTACT!

r9FJe.gif

r9FJe.gif

r9FJe.gif

r9FJe.gif

r9FJe.gif

XAL

I already have friends who are bitching about it not being an EDM record.

So I says, they made an amazing funk album.
tumblr_lu341ztUDH1r5qrimo1_400.gif

jett

D-Member
I really liked the Doing it Right snippet (and I like Animal Collective in general) but for some reason the full song just isn't doing it for me.

It's because the snippet is all there is. It's very repetitive and simple.

I'm really digging this on my thrid playthrough. I'm even digging Touch now. I'm sort of feeling like "The game of love" and "within" are going to be the filler for me. Both are after rather rockin' tracks too.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So far, I can totally see why this would be very polarising.

So far not too sure what I think about it. Need a few more listens.

Honestly though not sure if I like what they did to getting lucky. The extension of the choruses feels out of place.

Toddler

I think those that feel disappointment get it from the fact that while this album is "original" music, it's not this genre defining masterpiece that Discovery and Homework was.

New rumors of Daft Punk remixing the entire album themselves, along with whatever live interpretations from mixing and sampling it into a set, makes this album shine even brighter for me now. We also have one more "bonus track" that's being released in Japan's version we haven't heard.

Top Bottom