• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

Solo

There is a lot going on in Touch. I think I'll need several listens to get a grip on that one. It's some weird mashup of 70's sci-fi movies, the Beatles, and LSD.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I agree, only listened to the album once, but it is the weakest for me.
Nothing about it says 'This is a Daft Punk song' to me at all. Sometimes that's refreshing but here it feels unwarranted.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Vocals in Game of Love are too obnoxious and irritating. Reminds me of an Owl City song.

Within as well actually.

The robovoices in Game of Love and Within don't become a part of the vibe in the same way as every other track.

I'm no expert but it feels like the style of vocal processing used in a song like Something About Us would have done wonders for these two songs.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
On a second listen my favourite tracks are without a doubt so far - Giorgio By Moroder, Instant Crush, Get Lucky, Fragments Of Time and Contact. Not a big fan of Beyond and even though most others seem to like it not a huge fan of Motherboard either.

Expect that list to change within the next hour or so :p

Album wise I'd go

Homework > Human After All > Discovery > RAM

Human After All > RAM

But that's just on my first listen.

Yep.

IceCold

Yeah hearing the same line an extra 30 times truly took it to the next level.

The full intro alone did.

edit: How the hell are some of you guys preferring HAA to this? I enjoy that album, but let's get real for a minute. Giorgio By Moroder alone shits on the entire album from Olympus Mons. Then you add Give Life Back to Music, Contact, Beyond, Lose Yourself To Dance.... it's not even a contest. The album took 6 weeks to produce and it shows.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Wes

venison crêpe
Verse 1
Driving this road down to paradise
Letting the sunlight into my eyes
Our only plan is to improvise
And it's crystal clear that I don't ever want it to end
If I had it my way I would never leave
Keep building these random memories
Turning our days into melodies
And since I can't stay...

Chorus (x2)
I'll just keep playing back
These fragments of time
Everywhere I go
Those moments will shine

Verse 2
Familiar faces I've never seen
Living the gold in the silver dream
Making me feel like I'm seventeen
and it's crystal clear that I don't ever want it to end
If I had my way I would never leave
Keep building these random memories
Turning our days into melodies
and since I can't stay...

Chorus (x2)
These fragments of time
Everywhere I go
Those moments will shine

(Bridge)

Chorus
These fragments of time
Everywhere I go
Those moments will shine

These fragments of time
...Those moments will shine

I FUCKING LOVE THIS SONG!

Word. Us folks who like this track seem to be a small group but our love is strong!

So basically every song is the best for some and the worst for others. Fair enough.

I am really happy and very, very pleased by the album. I had 3 complete playthroughs. What I love in music is melody, harmony, cool chord progressions, rythm and dynamics. This album has all that and more.

And I am looking forward to the official remixes even more now, because there is so much material and potential for the dancefloor in there.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Motherboard reminds me so much of Talkie Walkie, minus the heavy beat. If you guys like it you should check that out.

Wait...who's under those helmets, anyway?

Talkie_Walkie.jpg

Peru

I think the album stays ON POINT from first to last track.

I can't see anyone who's a fan of Discovery not liking what's here. The grooves, the big unironic emotions, the melodies, the pomp, the little twists. Beautiful stuff.

IceCold

So basically every song is the best for some and the worst for others. Fair enough.

I am really happy and very, very pleased by the album. I had 3 complete playthroughs. What I love in music is melody, harmony, cool chord progressions, rythm and dynamics. This album has all that and more.

And I am looking forward to the official remixes even more now, because there is so much material and potential for the dancefloor in there.

Daft Punk are smart. Instead of making an album with samples, they are making an album with barely any of them. Then they will make a new album that samples it, and blow our minds (and load) yet again.

Solo

Motherboard......at first I was "meh", and then the DRUMS, EGG CRACKING ON FRYING PAN, SYNTH, MORE DRUMS.............hnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg

Dreaver

I didn't really knew what to think about Touch the first time, it was decent-to-good but I didn't knew how much I liked...

... The more I listen to it the better it gets. Loving it now, it's a very weird and a little bit creepy.

IceCold

I didn't really knew what to think about Touch the first time, it was decent-to-good but I didn't knew how much I liked...

... The more I listen to it the better it gets. Loving it now, it's a very weird and a little bit creepy.

I expected the song to be crazier since they said it had 250 tracks. Like some crazy high tempo shit. But I still like it.

cacophony

just started Beyond, the only track that really stood out is Touch so far & i didnt care for the vocals

this is so mellow, its gonna take more listens to know how i really feel. the songs almost feel too clean to me, making them a bit lifeless

This album is everything I was expecting and it's really, really good.
I'm still wondering why there is no collaboration with Jean-Michel Jarre.

jett

D-Member
Get Lucky didn't change at all for me in its studio version. Moderately disappointing that the keyboard solo hinted at in the radio edit ended up being just that, a hint. :p

This is pretty spot on for how I feel about the song right now.

Top Bottom