• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Just finishing up listening to it for the first time and I can't say I'm too impressed
But Contact though...

Good Lord it fucking slayed my life
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif

I can only assume that the energy quota was used up for making that song so they had to tone down the rest of the album

I like Game of Love and Within but I don't think they flow nearly as well with the whole. Instant Crush through Contact is like consistently great.

Touch and Contact specifically. Wow.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Motherboard gives me a Boards of Canada vibe. Contact is SotY material easily. Digging that whole sleazy funk thing.
Very nice album, can't wait for my vinyl. These are some good months for fans of electronic music.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Hahaha I'm so happy right now.

I've forgone watching GoT after work because of it. And I'm ok with it.

Mononoke

Banned
So I'm definitely in the group that is torn on this album. I think I get what they were going for, and if I step back and look at the album as a whole - I can appreciate what they were going for.

I guess the question for me now is, do I enjoy it? I find the pacing to be really off-putting, and I'm not sure this album justifies its length/structure. But then again, I've only heard this record 4 times now. So maybe I'll change my mind. It feels very dense.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
listened to it 3 times today...

need to step away and go do something else till tomorrow.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
There's a 320 download out there.

It's a transcode. there are only 2 "official" rips.

1 is the 192kbp download from earlier today, which was the first one.

2 is an AAC (vbr) rip from the iTunes stream.

anything else is a transcode from both of those sources.

I'm listening to it and all my friends say they are disappointed. I guess it's the usual " first listening + hype " thing so it will need more time to really make an opinion.

jacobs34

It's a transcode. there are only 2 "official" rips.

1 is the 192kbp download from earlier today, which was the first one.

2 is an AAC (vbr) rip from the iTunes stream.

anything else is a transcode from both of those sources.

Came to post this. Until someone gets their hands on the album I doubt we'll see a 320KBP version on the internet.

grkazan12

Just finished listening to it and I have to say that it was pretty amazing. Can't really find a weak link yet, every song flowed really well into one another. For now it's up there with Discovery and for people who want something more uptempo, you've got to admit that this is a pretty great base to work off of for remixes in the future which is what Daft Punk is working on right now or very soon.

The robots gave us music to cherish for a long time.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Contact...

tumblr_lkw1168NWV1qfjhgro1_400.gif

What a great album.

There are so many good tracks that it just gets all muddled after 4. So my Top 3 tracks:

1. Contact
2. Giorgio By Moroder
3. Touch

Ugh, giving in :( I can't resist the hype!

Sidenote: I had to take care of some stuff around the house before I could sit down and listen through and of COURSE the radio plays a snippet from Get Lucky as a promo for the album. THERE IS NO ESCAPE!!!

llehuty

3rd round... when are this goosebumps going to end?

They were not kidding with Motherboard belonging to year 4000. It's so... organic.

Top Bottom