• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

I already have friends who are bitching about it not being an EDM record.

So I says, they made an amazing funk album.
tumblr_lu341ztUDH1r5qrimo1_400.gif

Stevie Wonder is the coolest fucking funk cyborg.

Sallokin

This album is something special.

Giorgio is just... wow... hands down one of the best things I've heard.

The production is just incredible on a pair of good headphones too.

paparazzo

Was meh on this the first time I listened but I'm liking much more on the second listen. I think my initial problem was that I was expecting Discovery 2 and this isn't that. Still, this album is undoubtedly great.

People forget that a lot of people didn't like Discovery when it came out. People were expecting another Homework.

And they continue to expect another Homework

You would think they'd learn by now that Daft Punk doesn't like to retread old ground. Every album is a shift in direction.

Roubjon

Beyond is my favorite so far, but overall I really like the album. I love chill-out music as well as funky disco beatz, so some of these songs are seriously clicking with me.

javac

I'm not a big Daft Punk fan, but get Lucky led me to believe it would be a different kind of album with fun music, catchy beats, etc. . . this just sounds like something you'd listen to in a coffee bar ordering you favorite herbal tea and what not. Not my type of music, but get lucky was awesome.

Yeah the album is very mellow and relaxed. Some peeps like that some don't. I can see how you felt deceived since your first taste of the album was a summer tune through and through. I hope you get to like the album and appreciate it for what it is as time goes on. It's a great album.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Got home from work, here's what I've got:

Give Life Back To Music - Good Intro
The Game of Love - Good, Need to relisten

and then...

Giorgio By Moroder - HOLY FUCKKKKKKKKKK, THE DRUMS, EVERYTHING

jett

D-Member
Man I love this album. Give Life Back to Music is perfectly funky, and I love the sounds of the people having fun towards the end. It's SUCH feel good music, this album.

Crazyorloco

3 tracks in and I feel like downloading FL Studio or something to make beats. I love this.

I didn't like the start of the 3rd track, but once it started I enjoyed it...

*Just found out FL studio is on android, last night. Yessss.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I love The Game of Love but I just love laidback funky songs like it. I think the weakest overall is fragments of time, just didn't grab me on first listen.

OMG, the mastering is so freaking amazing!!!

Going from MacBook speakers (first listen-through) to my mid end Shure SE215 is like listening to completely other, better album. Such a well-balanced sound, wow...

Holy shit, I feel like I missed everything! Should I listen to it? Would waiting be worth it? IE, first time listening on vinyl? What doooo??

Good god, this thread tripled in size today...

Ran rp

That was extremely underwhelming. Human After All was much more satisfying on my first listen. I'll give this a little while before listening to it again.

Yes. To me the first section is more Elton John, whereas the last section is more Queen-like.

I wouldn't say anything is Queen like about that track. It's theatrical but not in the way that Queen was theatrical. This stuff is more in the 70s concept rock vein like Elton John or Bowie. Queen trended more vaudeville/opera whenever they went on a tangent like that.

Toddler

Fought the urge to clap along with "Loose Yourself to Dance" cause the whole fam is watching TV. Said fuck it, then when I got weird looks, unplugged the headphones....

tumblr_lxakggLCkn1ql1xs6o2_500.gif

...got the whole house clappin'!

And to think everyone gets to hear it exactly 2 months after we THOUGHT they'd release it :p

Quick question, which song is in the unboxing teaser that was posted this morning? Is it just the first song on the album? Maaaybe I'd let myself listen to that one...

Sallokin

Get Lucky is just a fucking joke on the radio edit. Album version is so much better.

And to think everyone gets to hear it exactly 2 months after we THOUGHT they'd release it :p

Quick question, which song is in the unboxing teaser that was posted this morning? Is it just the first song on the album? Maaaybe I'd let myself listen to that one...

It is indeed the first track's intro.

Majine

Banned

It is the first one, "Give life back to Music".

Izayoi

Banned
Can't fucking wait to get home, get stoned, and listen to this on my headphones. It sounds amazing on my shit car stereo, can't imagine how sublime it will be at home. Fuuuck.

Top Bottom