• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I never intended to persuade any of you to not like the album or share my point of view. You have yours, and I have mine.

Like I said a few posts up, enjoy your album.

I'm out.
Fuck disco is not a point of view. "I don't like disco" is a point of view. Peace.

Davidion

I've not heard this album yet and so don't have an opinion on it at this time but...where the hell do some of you people think Daft Punk would be without disco? haha

Alucrid

Banned
Yeah seriously fuck disco, this album sucks. No more bass, vocoders, build ups, or samples? Say what you want, but that's what has always made Daft Punk great. I'm kinda glad I hate it though, now I don't have to continue wishing they toured again. I won't pay to see this album live that's for sure. And why is everything auto-tuned??

i don't care for the album, but guess where chicago house comes from. guess what homework is. it was disco all along

Wynnebeck

Banned
You claim to love older Daft Punk and you can't tell the difference between autotune and a vocoder?

LOL I found that odd too. Honestly, everyone complaining about the album sounds like they though it was going to be Discovery 2: Electric Boogaloo and got mad when DP took it in a totally different direction. This release is almost parallel to how people acted when Plastic Beach came out after Demon Days with the Gorillaz.

PBY

Banned
LOL I found that odd too. Honestly, everyone bitching about the album sounds like they though it was going to be Discovery 2: Electric Boogaloo and got mad when DP took it in a totally different direction. This release is almost parallel to how people acted when Plastic Beach came out after Demon Days with the Gorillaz.

This isn't a completely disingenuous strawman.

Davidion

LOL I found that odd too. Honestly, everyone bitching about the album sounds like they though it was going to be Discovery 2: Electric Boogaloo and got mad when DP took it in a totally different direction. This release is almost parallel to how people acted when Plastic Beach came out after Demon Days with the Gorillaz.

I wouldn't have minded if it was Homework 2: Electric Boogaloo. T_T

Giorgio is total prog ear candy, holy fuck, this album's existence has already been justified for me

Don't even care that it's prog-lite or entry level or whatever

Edit: God damn if they could just put one of these out every year or they might stop hyping it like it's the end of the world and just enjoy it for what it is, haha

cacophony

lol I wouldn't bat an eye if some of these songs came on an adult contemporary station while sitting at the doctors office

not sure if good or bad thing

that's what I said, it sounds like Daft Punk made an adult contemporary album

I don't have a problem with the direction I just find 80% of these songs really boring

PBY

Banned

I don't have a problem with the direction I just find 80% of these songs really boring

My main issue isn't boring, but some lines really toe the line of cheesiness really hard. I get that a lot of the sound they're aping is cheesy, but still.

I do like it overall.

Wynnebeck

Banned
This isn't a completely disingenuous strawman.

How is it a strawman? A majority of the complaints I've read in this thread since this afternoon have been people saying they didn't like it because it was "too boring" or didn't sound like "Homework/Discovery-era Daft Punk." One person even said that Daft Punk was best when they were sampling music and shouldn't try to make "real" music again as he put it. If you don't like the album then fine. It's your opinion. However, let's not try to bullshit each other and act like people aren't complaining because it isn't another Discovery.

i agree but then i also wasn't a fan of justice's new direction either. however, giorgio

punjabimollyzrsgo.gif

PBY

Banned
How is it a strawman? A majority of the complaints I've read in this thread since this afternoon have been people saying they didn't like it because it was "too boring" or didn't sound like "Homework/Discovery-era Daft Punk." One person even said that Daft Punk was best when they were sampling music and shouldn't try to make "real" music again as he put it. If you don't like the album then fine. It's your opinion. However, let's not try to bullshit each other and act like people aren't complaining because it isn't another Discovery.

You said "everyone" complaining was upset due to expectations. Thats not the case.

with the amount of hype around this album its completely understandable that a lot of people are disappointed with this album.

Different strokes for different folks...

Majine

Banned
I don't think it will be, but if RAM gathers the same negative reception as HAA did, I don't think I know Daft Punk fans anymore.

Fjordson

My main issue isn't boring, but some lines really toe the line of cheesiness really hard. I get that a lot of the sound they're aping is cheesy, but still.

I do like it overall.
It definitely is cheesy in spots. Real cheesy.

I like that stuff, old pop music and all that so I'm okay with it, but yeah, they lay it on thick in spots here.

grkazan12

with the amount of hype around this album its completely understandable that a lot of people are disappointed with this album.

Different strokes for different folks...

Pretty much, idk what it is, please forgive me for any bias from the avatar, but the album just clicks with me for every track. To each is his own I guess.

Sketch

Neo Member
I like it, just have to get used to it. Get Lucky (odd one out in the album) presented a very different sound which I think I would have preferred but I reckon this one will grow on me.

Top Bottom