• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
My favorite tracks from Daft in the past were the more melodic disco inspired ones.

I love me some veridis quo.

So basically they too my favorite stuff and made an album in that vain. Based daft. So based.

I'm actually really excited to see how this album fares amongst DJs and producers. I have zero interest in Daft Punk remixes typically, but there's some very sample-able stuff in here that I'm sure we'll see popping up in hip-hop and elsewhere.

"SWEAT! SWEAT! SWEAT!" is going to be repurposed as "SWAG! SWAG! SWAG!" you know this to be true

MThanded

I'm actually really excited to see how this album fares amongst DJs and producers. I have zero interest in Daft Punk remixes typically, but there's some very sample-able stuff in here that I'm sure we'll see popping up in hip-hop and elsewhere.

"SWEAT! SWEAT! SWEAT!" is going to be repurposed as "SWAG! SWAG! SWAG!" you know this to be true
Daft worked on 2 tracks for kanye. I want to know how those sound.

Yeah seriously fuck disco, this album sucks. No more bass, vocoders, build ups, or samples? Say what you want, but that's what has always made Daft Punk great. I'm kinda glad I hate it though, now I don't have to continue wishing they toured again. I won't pay to see this album live that's for sure. And why is everything auto-tuned??

MThanded

Anyone who disagrees with you is a hater.
Saying "fuck disco" is some ignorant bullshit. You agree with someone posting ridiculous stuff like that? If so, take a seat.

Yeah seriously fuck disco, this album sucks. No more bass, vocoders, build ups, or samples? Say what you want, but that's what has always made Daft Punk great. I'm kinda glad I hate it though, now I don't have to continue wishing they toured again. I won't pay to see this album live that's for sure. And why is everything auto-tuned??
again

alive tour wouldn't have been what it was without HAA; people ragging on that album are tripping.

RAM got me to put AVD back on rotation; got damn what a great album.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Not completely feeling this. Honestly i loved the Tron Legacy soundtrack so much, i just wish they would score more movies. But i was never a huge fan of Daft Punk to begin with.

Get'sMad

yeah even though I'm not digging the album I'm hyped for the slew of incoming remixes.

also I'm glad they streamed this before the release because I was likely gonna cop the vinyl which I found out is 40 fuckin bucks...

Wes

venison crêpe
This a side project album released under the Daft Punk name.

Fuck Disco.

elh-erin-loves-halloween--albums-disco-dead-halloween-party-2010-picture71035-disco-dead-travolta.jpg

those are vocoders broham

Also this album has like, two or three of the biggest buildups in DP's catalog.

Majine

Banned
I will say tho, there is no RAM song that reaches the same height as Digital Love did: the best Daft Punk song. But I realize that is a tall order.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Touch was the turning point for me. It was when the album started making sense and opened the way to the better half of the album.

jett

D-Member
People coming here just to say FUCK DISCO and WHERE DAFT PUNK AT are either just ignorant or are looking for attention. Get Lucky, the Collaborators videos, and pretty much every piece of information regarding this album didn't clue you in on the direction of RAM?

Cystm

Sorry for peeing in your bowl of Cheerios, but my opinion differs from yours.

I changed my avatar because the hype was sucked out of me after the grocery store soundtrack that is "Fragments of Time."

You are enjoying it though, so more power to you guys.

Edit:

People coming here just to say FUCK DISCO and WHERE DAFT PUNK AT are either just ignorant or are looking for attention. Get Lucky, the Collaborators videos, and pretty much every piece of information regarding this album didn't clue you in on the direction of RAM?

Maybe people just have different opinions about things than you do? Shit son, not that big of a deal. Enjoy your music!

MThanded

Sorry for peeing in your bowl of Cheerios, but my opinion differs from yours.

I changed my avatar because the hype was sucked out of me after the grocery store soundtrack that is "Fragments of Time."

You are enjoying it though, so more power to you guys.
Saying fuck disco is not a good way to make a cogent argument. It is a good way to attention whore in the thread though.

PBY

Banned

You can dislike the direction, and you can dislike the execution. A lot of the reviews feel the same way. Also, Get Lucky is a poor indicator of the album's sound in my opinion.

Oh my god give life back to music is amazing.

It'd be better if it were 2 minutes longer and had some ridiculous keyboard solo in the middle but I guess that's not daft punk's "thing"

DominoKid

People who wanted a more typical EDM album didn't get it. People who thought this was going to ape all their older stuff are going to be disappointed too.

People who wanted more melodic disco funk genre bending stuff did. I'm glad this is what I wanted.

I expected Get Lucky to be the albums sound. I would've liked that, but this is so much more rewarding because it's unexpected. None of the preview writeups really conveyed just how different this would be from everyone's expectations

uh...

Im travelling and left my headphones at home and now the new daft punk album is out. Guess the netbook speakers will have to do for now.

So far I'm really digging it, but don't really understand why daft punk still consider themselves electronic...

You can dislike the direction, and you can dislike the execution. A lot of the reviews feel the same way. Also, Get Lucky is a poor indicator of the album's sound in my opinion.

get lucky barely even sounds like it belongs on the album.

So far I'm really digging it, but don't really understand why daft punk still consider themselves electronic...

do they? moreover, is their entire output as a musical act measured by a single album?

Ignorant? I've been listening to electronic music for twenty plus years and daft punk in particular since 99. We all knew which direction the album was gonna take. If you like it, cool, I envy you. But to call us ignorant because we don't like what you like is rather silly. The change is direction is rather jarring.

jett

D-Member

Get Lucky is indicative that this was going to be nothing like their previous work.

Ignorant? I've been listening to electronic music for twenty plus years and daft punk in particular since 99. We all knew which direction the album was gonna take. If you like it, cool, I envy you. But to call us ignorant because we don't like what you like is rather silly. The change is direction is rather jarring.

Not ignorant because you don't like it, but ignorant because if someone is seemingly surprised about RAM is like, then clearly they knew nothing bout it.

I've replayed lose yourself to dance like 10 times. Help meeeeeee

Get Lucky is indicative that this was going to be nothing like their previous work.

And I'm so glad. This is one my favorite albums in a long time.

PBY

Banned

A departure from their previous work is incredibly broad. Get Lucky was nu disco pop. The album is far more ballady and has significant prog influences. So yeah, you could be disappointed.

Ah track 3 right now, the second one was pretty chill but this album's major weakness so far (at least compared to discovery) is the hard stop between tracks. Wish the record was a bit better connected.

MThanded

You knew what direction the album was going to take and you still came in the thread to say fuck disco. Odd.

This thread is giving me 808s and Heartbreak flashbacks.
I love that album... I was about to say the same thing.

Cystm

Saying fuck disco is not a good way to make a cogent argument. It is a good way to attention whore in the thread though.

I never intended to persuade any of you to not like the album or share my point of view. You have yours, and I have mine.

Like I said a few posts up, enjoy your album.

I'm out.

Top Bottom