• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

gdt

I just listened to a song he produced, express yourself. I can see why he is bitter, his music is just shit.

I only know the dude from that gif that posted often.

Nah, he's getting more and more into brostep sadly, but overall he's pretty hot. The new Major Lazer album is pretty great.

Edit: And he's clearly just fucking around haha. I barely understand half of what he's saying.

Eidan

I find myself not being able to take a piss because I'm in the middle of Touch. But when the song ends, I forget I had to piss and restart it. It's a never ending cycle.

Interesting info that didn't make it into the Pitchfork cover story: http://pitchfork.com/news/50746-daft-punk-cover-story-outtakes/

"Paul Williams: "By working behind the robotic masks, Daft Punk are saying, 'Know us for our work.' For our creative spirit, there is great value in being able to observe without being observed."

It's actually the exact opposite. They're saying "know us for our crafted, cool image and not for our old nearing 40 faces".

"Paul Williams: "By working behind the robotic masks, Daft Punk are saying, 'Know us for our work.' For our creative spirit, there is great value in being able to observe without being observed."

It's actually the exact opposite. They're saying "know us for our crafted, cool image and not for our old nearing 40 faces".

after reading these comments, and watching those collaborators videos, i just envision them all jumping round in a studio high on mdma, hugging each other and just kissing each others ass'.

listening to touch.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Human after all was so good that you guys needed a remix to realize it. That's sad you guys. I think I was the only dude back then that really liked Human After All.

Nope, you're not alone. I loved it so much at release I was surprised to find out everyone else hated it lol :p My favourite album of theirs after Homework.

I must admit I hadn't heard Alive 2007 for a few years and put it on again today, absolutely stunning! Warming up to RAM as well, it's still my least favourite Daft Punk album but there's some great tracks on it I really like.

zeioIIDX

ibo0ShMedcjOw9.gif

DominoKid

why so cynical?

FoxSpirit

Works for me, love the Gorillaz.

Also, 24-bit untampered studio master release?? FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Ran rp

What helps with HAA is its grittiness. I love cyberpunk/Neo-noir/dark sci-fi, so it felt right at home.

Edit:

I AAAAM THE BRAAAINWASHERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrRRRrRRrRR

Ashodin

Fuck, Lose Yourself To Dance is fucking amazing

Tiers

God Tier

LYTD
Get Lucky
Give Life Back to Music
Giorgio (when it hits after he introduces himself, daamn)
Instant Crush (Julian's voice just fucking kills it)
Fragments of Time (fuuuuuck this song is awesome)
Doin' It Right (yessss)

Okay Tier

Contact
Within
Beyond
Motherboard
Touch

Meh Tier

The Game of Love

It's a fact.

The other 1% is Kanye West.

Yeah, the whole time I was listening to the album I was envisioning Thomas and Guy in ass-less chaps, full robot gear, fucking each-other while high on poppers in a discotheque. It's totally all about the image, not the innovative and masterfully crafted absolutely amazing music.

Onward ye, O' Crusader of ignorance and cynicism!

btkadams

Yeah, the whole time I was listening to the album I was envisioning Thomas and Guy in ass-less chaps, full robot gear, fucking each-other while high on poppers in a discotheque. It's totally all about the image, not the innovative and masterfully crafted absolutely amazing music.

Onward ye, O' Crusader of ignorance and cynicism!

i wasn't before, but i will be now!

javac

I'll post my list again but its always changing and I love all the tracks. Top being my fave.

• Giorgio
  • Fragments of time
  • Contact
  • Lose yourself to dance
  • Beyond
  • Motherboard
  • Get Lucky
  • Give life back to music
  • Instant Crush
  • Touch
  • Doin' it right
  • The game of love
  • Within

jtb

Banned
kanye makes good music too, so I don't have a problem with anyone discovering Daft Punk through him. Sure, Graduation sucks, but College Dropout remains godly.

Oh fuck right off. They've made great music for over a decade and are rightfully popular around the world.

Their popularity is based on the same conventions as pop music. It's all image based. If they were Boards of Canada, nobody would care, even though they make amazing music.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Oh fuck right off. They've made great music for over a decade and are rightfully popular around the world.
...around the world around the wooooo-orld

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Their popularity is based on the same conventions as pop music. It's all image based. If they were Boards of Canada, nobody would care, even though they make amazing music.
When I got into daft punk I had no idea about their persona. This was before Kanye worked with them, mind you.

It's hard not to be when Daft Punk are so gimmicky in their presentation. Their helmets are 99% of the reason this thread is so popular.

I guess your um, "subtle" negativity throughout the thread wasn't garnering the reaction you were hoping for so you just decided to go on the full on stupid route.

Good luck with that.

jtb

Banned
When I got into daft punk I had no idea about their persona.

#WeAreTheOnePercent

I guess your um, "subtle" negativity throughout the thread wasn't garnering the reaction you were hoping for so you just decided to go on the full on stupid route.

Good luck with that.

should've stopped taking him seriously a month ago with the entry-level comment; just sit back and bask in the trolling.

That's not true at all though. They didn't have the persona and image back when Homework came out, and that album was (and is) incredibly influential. Hell, the robot persona didn't even really become a defining thing until the Human After All press extravaganza. The helmets just seemed like part and parcel of Discovery's concept album structure in the early 2000s.

Although, I mean, sure, Daft Punk is pop music. That's not a derogatory statement though.

Ran rp

When I got into daft punk I had no idea about their persona.

I got into them because a friend made me listen to Aerodynamic and I instantly fell it in love with it. But I guess I must have had a vision of their helmets in my sleep or something because there's no way people can like them for their music alone.

Sallokin

I fully admit that the thing that sold me on them was the video for Around the World. I thought that shit was amazing when I was a kid. Then they came out with a video that looked like galaxy express 999's style of anime and I LOST MY SHIT. Didn't know about the robot stuff until much later.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
#WeAreTheOnePercent

should've stopped taking him seriously a month ago with the entry-level comment; just sit back and bask in the trolling.
Wait this is the same guy? I really only look at avatars.

Top Bottom