• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

Anyone take this one yet? Flipping through I don't think so, but I've missed blatant things before.
Edit- Taken, thank-you!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I listened through discovery yesterday just to be extra in the mood for RAM (not that anyone needs an excuse to listen to discovery), and the opening songs to it are just complete bangers. Starting with One More Time and going to Aerodynamic, Digital Love, and Harder,Better,Faster,Stronger is just masterful.

tanuki

that's funny. The Royal Concept is a straight up Phoenix clone band. They must really love the frenchies.

I thought the same thing. Well, you've got to be influenced by someone. They've got a bit of fun about them as well. Their single is terrible though; I think it's pretty bad to have covers overshadow your own songs. Their Digital Love cover is damn good.

So while we are waiting for the stream, Anyone hear the rumor that a user on daftclub is Thomas Bangalter? Probably isn't true but i've seen a thread about it on reddit and daftclub. His posts are pretty funny though. Like just now he posted "Enjoy :- )" When the stream ad was found.

Edit: removed the link of the user on the fourm, Not sure if that is against the rules or not sorry.

^^ Also pretty sure the streams are region locked :/

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
So those who listened to the Justin Timberlake stream on iTunes:

Was it region locked? I will not be able to handle that if so...

As far as I know all early itunes album streams are region locked. I'm in the states and have tried to listen to some uk albums that have streamed early and it didn't work >_<

aznpxdd

Please delete this if its inappropriate - but, is it possible for someone to record/rip the stream and give the rest of us in region locked places an early listen?

Rael

Banned
Please delete this if its inappropriate - but, is it possible for someone to record/rip the stream and give the rest of us in region locked places an early listen?

soitenly. Expect to be able to torrent it within a few hours of the stream being up. Of course the quality may be less than stellar but it should be sufficient to keep us happy until the full thing is available at retail.

Nugg

Where do I have to go to check if the streaming is up on iTunes? On the album page? I'm not used to this

Addi

Yes, just the album page. There will be a big banner on the front page too, impossible to miss. That's how it's been with other streams like Phoenix, JT and Vampire Weekend.

Nugg

Alright thanks. Does it show up on the iphone app too?

Come on stream I have a two hours road trip ahead of me this would be perfect!

Fjordson

Alright thanks. Does it show up on the iphone app too?

Come on stream I have a two hours road trip ahead of me this would be perfect!
I'm 99% positive you can stream on your phone. I remember streaming David Bowie's newest album on my iPhone.

So how does this work? You Pre-Order the album and a stream is available that you can listen to at anytime. Then when its the 21st the album unlocks so that you can listen to the songs separately?

Servbot24

Banned
So how does this work? You Pre-Order the album and a stream is available that you can listen to at anytime. Then when its the 21st the album unlocks so that you can listen to the songs separately?

You don't have to pre-order, it will be available to everyone when it goes up.

DJ88

Well while we all wait for the stream, here's a youtube link for the Giorgio by Moroder leak that came out a while ago. Some how this has been up for over a day now without getting removed so anyone who hasn't heard it yet check it out now.

http://youtu.be/CSgoxagx96s

Waarschijnlijk vanavond ergens tussen 8 en 10.

Oké man.

Can't wait. I have never been so excited for an album before. Watched Interstella 5555 for the first time yesterday and I was thoroughly entertained. I also decided that Something About Us is one of my favourite songs ever.

Cmagus

So pumped for this right now. Also because someone is gonna ask here is how you can find the stream:

1.Get iTunes
http://www.apple.com/ca/itunes/download/ (should go to your region)

2.Click on store in the panel to the left
sotre_zps6b8c8e8f.png

3.The top part of the main page should have the Daft Punk image there when it comes out and should look like this.

4.Click the bottom button on their main page and it should stream.

If your region does not have it for whatever reason. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see this icon.It should be in the bottom right corner.Click and switch region.
icon_zps0fd98425.png

I've tried it out a few times the streams aren't region locked. So you should be able to listen. Also note you will not be able to select individual tracks the entire album plays in full but you can scrub through the time slider.You do not need to purchase the album to listen although you should buy it :)

Top Bottom