• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

Addi

Just pre-ordered the Vinyl! I just have a shitty record player myself (one with built in speakers), but one of my roommates has an awesome set up.

IceCold

A.V.D is a good album. Civilization is one my favourite songs from Justice.

Also I showed the unboxing video to a friend and she said it's a dumb video...

kaskade

That damn unboxing was such a tease. I was like YES YES YES, boom song ends. Not like I wasn't expecting that though. I'm assuming that is Give Life Back to Music.

Appleman

Also, both albums mesh really well together if you listen to their live album Access All Arenas.

Yep, and the AAA vinyl is releasing on the same day as RAM, what an awesome month.

Audio, Video, Disco is definitely a departure from the style of Cross but I feel like it's really cool that they weren't stagnating and trying something new and blurring the lines between genres. Definitely not quite as good as Cross, but has some really great stuff on it and it works really well in their live performances. Dat live On'n'on encore

Servbot24

Banned
Also I showed the unboxing video to a friend and she said it's a dumb video...

Well it doesn't make any sense really, I can see why he'd think that. Why are Daft Punk receiving their own album? Wouldn't it be way cooler if Darth Rodgers or someone was receiving it?

jtb

Banned
yeah, a lot of their AVD songs translated pretty well live so that was nice. I felt AVD was much more consistent than Cross; I've long since deleted like half of the tracks from Cross (THE PARTY fucking shoot me now). The highs are higher, the lows are lower.

Sai-kun

Banned
I was super disappointed with AVD when it first came out, but it's grown on me so much, and it really shines when they play live.

Also that snippet was boring. Aaaahhhh why don't I like what I've heard :(

jambo

Well it doesn't make any sense really, I can see why he'd think that. Why are Daft Punk receiving their own album? Wouldn't it be way cooler if Darth Rodgers or someone was receiving it?

They're clearly getting a look at one of the first vinyls off of the production line and giving it a spin.

I thought that was obvious...

Servbot24

Banned
I was super disappointed with AVD when it first came out, but it's grown on me so much, and it really shines when they play live.

Also that snippet was boring. Aaaahhhh why don't I like what I've heard :(

Don't worry, people will hype up anything with the Daft Punk label and act like it's holy music. Most people would listen to that intro and not care. The real music is yet to come, then maybe you'll have reason to be excited.

They're clearly getting a look at one of the first vinyls off of the production line and giving it a spin.

I thought that was obvious...

Why, so they can send an email back to production and say "yep, looks good?" :p It's a fine video, I'm just saying I can see why someone would think it's dumb.

Appleman

yeah, a lot of their AVD songs translated pretty well live so that was nice. I felt AVD was much more consistent than Cross; I've long since deleted like half of the tracks from Cross (THE PARTY fucking shoot me now). The highs are higher, the lows are lower.

Yeah, I've always thought A Cross The Universe really brought it all together (even The Party is much more upbeat and energetic). Too bad there was never a vinyl release of that, although I'd expect that the audio quality would still be pretty rough.

I still resent the fact that they neutered the end of Civilization on the album release (probably so it fit better with Ohio after)

Dabanton

Audio, Video, Disco is definitely a departure from the style of Cross but I feel like it's really cool that they weren't stagnating and trying something new and blurring the lines between genres. Definitely not quite as good as Cross, but has some really great stuff on it and it works really well in their live performances. Dat live On'n'on encore

AVD is a lot more enjoyable if you're into prog rock.

A lot of people who loved Cross were non plussed by AVD I loved the album it was better than Cross in imo.

0Jl7u0P.gif

ThreeSixty

December 16, 2009. 4:00 AM. THE LIGHT FIELD is the force. The mind. That guides. Controls.
I cannot believe how close we are to this album's release and yet it still refuses to leak. This is getting ridiculous now. Good news on the iTunes stream. I think that given it was reported several times by magazines, confirmed by connected insiders and now there's evidence from MTV and Pitchfork we can all relax knowing that the stream is legit and happening. It's just a question of when precisely the stream is going to go live.

Going by the previous rumour I would expect the stream around 7PM GMT. Just under four hours from the time of this post. It might be worth checking the Daft Club forums as they are usually faster and more accurate than here (given that they are beyond obsessed with everything Daft Punk). Here's hoping the stream goes live today. This is the third day in a row I've woken up expecting a leak (or stream) and been disappointed.

I hope to God that stream goes live soon. The sooner the better IMO. I just want to hear the album now.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
I cannot believe how close we are to this album's release and yet it still refuses to leak. This is getting ridiculous now. Good news on the iTunes stream. I think that given it was reported several times by magazines, confirmed by connected insiders and now there's evidence from MTV and Pitchfork we can all relax knowing that the stream is legit and happening. It's just a question of when precisely the stream is going to go live.

Going by the previous rumour I would expect the stream around 7PM GMT. Just under four hours from the time of this post. It might be worth checking the Daft Club forums as they are usually faster and more accurate than here (given that they are beyond obsessed with everything Daft Punk). Here's hoping the stream goes live today. This is the third day in a row I've woken up expecting a leak (or stream) and been disappointed.

I hope to God that stream goes live soon. The sooner the better IMO. I just want to hear the album now.
Patience, grasshopper! You seem like you've been posting about how leaks must be imminent since the album was announced. Or even earlier? Wow, time flies. Only a few days now.

jtb

Banned
Watch the Throne didn't leak. Considering how perfectionist Daft Punk seems to be, I'm not surprised they're keeping this very close to the chest.

RaidenZR

If I didn't have a wedding to participate in, I'd be refreshing iTunes all freakin' day.

But yeah, I really expected this album would have youtube leaked (or otherwise) by now... Very surprising.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Listened to Discovery and also had to check out Basement Jaxx's Rooty again. Those came out at the same time while they had very different styles I think they were giving each other really good competition. BJ never did anything as good as that again though, but Rooty was really something.

I'm going to be cramming for the five finals I have over the next three days all night. Wine+Champagne+RAM will be the only thing keeping me going.

Thank you based robots

Also, I've been thinking about this far too much lately, but isn't the mythos that they became robots in some sort of lab explosion? You can't go from full human to full robot, but you can go from full human to partially or mostly robot. And that is a cyborg.

NOT SO SMART NOW ARE YOU DAFT PUNK

robots give me all of your music love right now please

jacobs34

Whoever is in charge of marketing for this record should get paid twice whatever their going rate is. I can't remember the last album that had such a wave of hype built up behind it.

ThreeSixty

December 16, 2009. 4:00 AM. THE LIGHT FIELD is the force. The mind. That guides. Controls.
Searched the Daft Club forums for more news. More evidence indicating the stream tonight:

Daft Punk to Stream Random Access Memories Tonight

Daft Punk is releasing their full live stream of Random Access Memories today which anybody can listen to back-to-back at the incredible price of...nothing. That's right, you can stream Daft Punk's Random Access Memories today for free. Considering the palpable online anticipation for the release of this album, I'm certain Daft Punk's stream of Random Access Memories may just crash iTunes' site. What's great about this stream (beyond the obvious fact that we're getting free Daft Punk days before the album drops) is that you don't have to pre-order the album to stream it, all you have to do is go to Daft Punk's Random Access Memories page on iTunes and hit play.

Source

Today You Might Hear The Daft Punk Album

It looks like today is a Daft Punk day. A week ahead of the official release of 'Random Access Memories', the full album will be streamed on iTunes. In true Daft Punk style, the date of the stream hasn't been confirmed, but teaser ads have been popping up online in the past few days and rumours are that the stream will be taking place today. One thing is for sure, tonight at 19:00 UK time, Daft Punk will appear on Zane Lowe's BBC Radio 1 show to "chat in-depth to Zane", and during the course of the show they will play a few unheard tracks from their new album. They obviously rate Radio 1, as the Zane Lowe exclusive follows the Pete Tong interview, which was aired on Friday.

Source

There's also this from Twitter

Daft Punk's "Random Access Memories" will be available to stream in full via iTunes tonight.

Source

Zane Lowe's radio show on BBC radio one is happening at 7PM GMT where he will be debuting new tracks from RAM. So whatever happens we'll definitely be hearing new music (radio rips unless you tune in) in a few hours. I've searched for the time of the iTunes stream and the closest guess anyone has is around 8 PM GMT tonight (right after Zane Lowe's radio show so the BBC technically still get the exclusive). Tempted to listen to the show if that's where the tracks are debuting first.

UPDATE:

Just to clarify, tonights interview with Daft Punk will not now include new songs. We will have them tomorrow.

Source

Columbia must have changed their minds. No new tracks on Zane Lowe's show after all. Everything is on the stream then.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Stream may or may not happen. Awesome. I feel like I'm falling out of a plane and my chute is like falling 40ft away.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Also I suspect the sale of Pro-Ject turntables will get a nice boost from being featured in that unboxing. It really is a nice table.

Top Bottom