• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

Listened to the album probably 20 times through in the past week. Though all the tracks are good, Beyond is one that is starting to stand out. For me it's the drumming. Listen to that song and really focus on just the drumming. I don't know anything about drumming but it sounds like the dude has just such a light touch, so smooth.

If I had to pick one out that I care for the least, it might actually be Touch. I know everyone seems to love it but I just don't get it. I feel like it doesn't really build to anything and I find it disjointed.

RoKKeR

Listened to the album probably 20 times through in the past week. Though all the tracks are good, Beyond is one that is starting to stand out. For me it's the drumming. Listen to that song and really focus on just the drumming. I don't know anything about drumming but it sounds like the dude has just such a light touch, so smooth.

If I had to pick one out that I care for the least, it might actually be Touch. I know everyone seems to love it but I just don't get it. I feel like it doesn't really build to anything and I find it disjointed.
Definitely. I'm a drummer and am absolutely amazed by whoever the drummer is for this album. He has such an incredible feel for the sound he is producing, it's really something else.

jett

D-Member
Definitely. I'm a drummer and am absolutely amazed by whoever the drummer is for this album. He has such an incredible feel for the sound he is producing, it's really something else.

Omar Hakim and John J.R. Robinson. They're studio legends, recorded for artists such as Michael Jackson, Miles Davis, David Bowie, Eric Clapton, Dire Straits, John Fogerty and several others. The drumming in RAM is quite simply sweet as all fuck.

sgossard

Omar Hakim and John J.R. Robinson. They're studio legends, recorded for artists such as Michael Jackson, Miles Davis, David Bowie, Eric Clapton, Dire Straits, John Fogerty and several others. The drumming in RAM is quite simply sweet as all fuck.

Yes it is. The drumming in Contact blows me away every time.

scotcheggz

I listened to this on spotify last night. I haven't listened to daft punk in years but I did my best to give it a solid chance. I struggled to not skip songs and the last few tracks were a challenge not to turn it off and tip magazine racks. Technically it's all very good but its so empty and soulless, a little bit self indulgent at times. Get lucky was the obvious stand out single, give life back to music and segments of songs here and there were really great, contact for example, but it was inconsistent and some of the tracks were feeling like self indulgent rock opera and cheesy prog. I suppose they nailed the sound they were going for and like I said, technically brilliant but I just felt it was missing a lot. I'll give it another go, perhaps it's a grower, which I hope in a way, because otherwise my opinion is disappointment and feel its a mega-hyped duffer.

sgossard

I listened to this on spotify last night. I haven't listened to daft punk in years but I did my best to give it a solid chance. I struggled to not skip songs and the last few tracks were a challenge not to turn it off and tip magazine racks. Technically it's all very good but its so empty and soulless, a little bit self indulgent at times. Get lucky was the obvious stand out single, give life back to music and segments of songs here and there were really great, contact for example, but it was inconsistent and some of the tracks were feeling like self indulgent rock opera and cheesy prog. I suppose they nailed the sound they were going for and like I said, technically brilliant but I just felt it was missing a lot. I'll give it another go, perhaps it's a grower, which I hope in a way, because otherwise my opinion is disappointment and feel its a mega-hyped duffer.

Are all the tracks available for you on Spotify? They're not for me.

bitoriginal

2/10 post.

Would you prefer if we performed an interpretive dance routine to express our opinion of each song?

You're pleasent. Then why participate in discussions about music if you're gonna be a big poop about what someone else says.

Then get out of the thread if you don't want to read other people's opinion.

I'm all for discussion and opinion, but giving music an arbitrary score out of 10 is meaningless. Most people haven't been doing that anyway thankfully.

Slightly annoyed the Amazon AutoRip hasn't been posted yet. At this point, I'll just get the CD in the mail today and the AutoRip bit was meaningless.

tj hazuki

#1 in 73 countries on iTunes
#1 United States
#1 United Kingdom
#1 Antigua and Barbuda
#1 Argentina
#1 Armenia
#1 Australia
#1 Austria
#1 Azerbaijan
#1 Barbados
#1 Belarus
#1 Belgium
#1 Bolivia
#1 Brazil
#1 British Virgin Islands
#1 Bulgaria
#1 Canada
#1 Cayman Islands
#1 Chile
#1 Colombia
#1 Costa Rica
#1 Cyprus
#1 Czech Republic
#1 Denmark
#1 Dominican Republic
#1 Ecuador
#1 El Salvador
#1 Estonia
#1 France
#1 Germany
#1 Greece
#1 Guatemala
#1 Honduras
#1 Hong Kong
#1 Hungary
#1 Indonesia
#1 Ireland
#1 Israel
#1 Italy
#1 Kazakhstan
#1 Latvia
#1 Lithuania
#1 Luxembourg
#1 Malta
#1 Mauritius
#1 Mexico
#1 Moldova
#1 Mongolia
#1 New Zealand
#1 Nicaragua
#1 Norway
#1 Panama
#1 Paraguay
#1 Peru
#1 Philippines
#1 Poland
#1 Portugal
#1 Qatar
#1 Romania
#1 Russia
#1 Slovakia
#1 Slovenia
#1 South Africa
#1 Spain
#1 Sweden
#1 Switzerland
#1 Thailand
#1 Trinidad and Tobago
#1 Turkey
#1 Uganda
#1 Ukraine
#1 United Arab Emirates
#1 Venezuela
#1 Vietnam

http://kworb.net/itunes/daftpunk.html

JeTmAn81

Listening to this on Rhapsody now. I paid no attention to it pre-release so I am amazed it is a disco album. Loving it!

hobz360

It's available on Spotify now, for the US folks....

Edit: Is there a place where I can buy the lossless version of the album in the US?

Beyond is definitley up there. It's wonderful. The opening with the strings is awesome. I love all the live drum tracks on this album though. One of the reasons I dig it so much. The only stong I'm still not digging is "Within". There are a couple that are just OK, like The Game of Love. The rest is just rad though.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
listened to Horizon, it's definitely an epilogue to Contact.

Don't get your hopes up folks, it's a good track, calmer, but there is a reason why it comes after Contact.

Doin' It Right > Giorgio > Lose Yourself To Dance > Get Lucky > Give Life Back to Music > Instant Crush > Fragments of Time> Touch > *the rest of the album.

Amazing album overall.

kaskade

In regards to the percussion, it is amazing. I almost want a little set to practice on. Maybe I'll have to bust out the Rock Band ones.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Love amazon vinylrip. Got my Daft Punk vinyl in the mail. MP3s were already on the cloud available to download. I don't have to open the vinyl at all.

Owensboro

Oooh my CD just arrived, hadn't bought a CD in probably ten years before Amazon started Autorip

Hah! I haven't bought a CD since the Stroke's Is This It. My CD just got delivered to my house, and I'm starting to get seriously geeked about opening a CD again. I hope the insert isn't super lame and actually has some liner notes. I'm doubting it :(

Top Bottom