• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dallas - Fort Worth |OT| The Big D & Cowtown

Parking downtown isn't particularly cheap downtown. Check with your company to see if they get discounts on any of the parking garages. You're probably looking at $150 a month at least at some of these places.

I catch the DART and my company offers passes for $50 a month. Last year I used my Pass that I got from being a UTD student which meant I got to ride for free, which I really miss now.

Also, DFW drivers are the worst things about winter weather.

Ouch at those parking garage prices. My company that I'm starting for also offers a dart rail pass for $50 a month. Unfortunately I don't really stay close to a dart rail station right now, but I'm going to move pretty soon and try to find an apartment close to one. Apartment prices have gotten ridiculous here by the way.

Just got home half an hour ago after I managed to convince the sups to let me leave early lol.

DFW Airport/183 to PGBT/161 south to I-20 was fine to be honest. I was driving around 50mph on my Miata and I felt no slip or slides whatsoever. Seems like the roads are just really wet for now so it's good but the news says it's supposed to freeze over around 10PM so I may have just avoided the worst of the worst.

I've never even thought about getting softer shocks for my S2K.
I'm tired of it to be honest.

Tired of the shocks or the car?

Honestly isn't bad. Feels pretty comfy driving most of the time. It does grab onto every groove in the road though and is incredibly light so it can take a bit of concentration to drive.

Doesn't the Evora have some kind of adjustable suspension or whatever? I'd actually love to own a Lotus even if it's just those tiny Toyota powered Elise's but I kinda want some sense of practicality since it would be my only car lol.

Two Words

Ugh, that's 3 classes cancelled now over the past two weeks. I'm getting sick of this. My classes are falling way behind due to a little bad weather. I feel like the roads have not been bad as far as my experience during these days.

Didn't have much to do tomorrow anyway! But weather like this just isn't cool, especially since there's not much to predict other than wintery conditions randomly arriving in February or May down here.

Out in north dallas.

It's snowing pretty hard. I'd say almost 2" accumulation so far. Worried it's going to freeze hard.

Hi GAF!
iAlsXwX.jpg

Wreav

Banned
Over 3 inches now here in Garland and still falling fast. Tomorrow is gonna be nice and chill for once.

I would have stayed longer outside but it's also windy as shit.

Still can't believe upper 60's this weekend. Maybe we are done with winter weather for the year after this

Delio

Slipping and sliding all over. I had people a few days ago fighting with me saying "Oh the sleet is gone it will be sunny" @_@

Road beside our plot is so white I could see the local hare sit on it without any cars oncoming, and me and the cat would see it. So there's snow and ice and everything nice for the weekend.

Mechazawa

This weather seriously couldn't have come at a better time as far as schoolwork goes.

Condolences to those of you that have to brave it.

This is seriously the most snow I think I've ever seen in Dallas.

I usually walk out in flip flops if my dog has to pee so I don't have to keep putting shoes on, but when I walked on it today, my foot sank down a good 4-6 inches....damn.

Our heater broke yesterday and we had to sleep in a freezing cold house. Only downside to this weather.

It is absolutely beautiful with the sun and snow though!

Wreav

Banned
Never occurred to us to buy the kid mittens, especially when it hadn't snowed before last week.

Socks on hands it is! Got a solid 6 inches, too bad it's such a dry powder, impossible to pack a good snowball.

RAiBIJF.jpg

cHaotix8

Luckily for me I'll be working from home today. I'll probably go check the snow out after an online meeting but the view looks nice from my balcony.

TurtleSnatcher, is your Evora yellow or orange?

I was on the Margaret HH bridge earlier, going westbound around 6PM and saw a yellow or orange Evora taking a left towards Beckley... was that you? Lol.

TurtleSnatcher, is your Evora yellow or orange?

I was on the Margaret HH bridge earlier, going westbound around 6PM and saw a yellow or orange Evora taking a left towards Beckley... was that you? Lol.
Yellow. Probably wasn't me as I'm at PAX East for work and flying back today. My license plate is PEZ 17 and it's a Dallas Stars one.

Yellow. Probably wasn't me as I'm at PAX East for work and flying back today. My license plate is PEZ 17 and it's a Dallas Stars one.

Ah, the one I saw was an orange one with the new and plain, boring license plate(I miss the old 6 characters and the 7 characters one with the clouds and stuff on it).

Have you been to Cars and Coffee in Classic BMW?

besada

Banned
Baker's Ribs in Grapevine is the real deal. I'd had them before in Dallas, out in Deep Ellum, but didn't know if the new store was as good. It is.

woodchuck

Went to braindead brewery in deep ellum last night. They have a ton of unique beers on tap. Food was great too. Near the end of the month, they'll start serving their homebrews.

In Dallas for the week. Came for the UFC fight on Saturday. Great thread but I'm not sure where to start as far as visiting areas. Friends and I are hitting up Six Flags on Thursday but my Wednesday and Friday are totally free. Any ideas?

Pagusas

Elden Member
So excited, found out my favorite band is coming to Dallas. Anyone ever been to the "trees" in Deep Ellum?

In Dallas for the week. Came for the UFC fight on Saturday. Great thread but I'm not sure where to start as far as visiting areas. Friends and I are hitting up Six Flags on Thursday but my Wednesday and Friday are totally free. Any ideas?

Lots of stuff to do here actually. I'm sure there are others who know better places but I can start you off with some options lol. Wednesday, head down to Fort Worth for the whole country Texan experience. I'm not sure if the stockyards are still open, but downtown Fort Worth is packed with oddities and unique places. For Friday, hit up Deep Ellum in downtown Dallas. I like to think of Deep Ellum as a sort of hipster-ish area where everything you want and don't want is happening at the same time. Another area in downtown Dallas is Uptown or Greenville avenue... all 3 have decent bars and food selections.

I'm recommending the areas simply because you're gonna want to explore while you're there. But if you want like a hit it and quit it type of place, I'm sure somebody's gonna chime in with actual places lol.

So excited, found out my favorite band is coming to Dallas. Anyone ever been to the "trees" in Deep Ellum?

Yes, it gets pretty packed in there on a good night since it's mostly standing room but it's a fantastic place nonetheless. I recommend parking somewhere else though. They've got a parking lot at the back but unless you show up early you're not gonna get into a spot at all. Decent drink selection too considering it's in Deep Ellum.

Which band are you gonna go watch? My friends have been bugging me to tag with them to watch the Kaiser Chief's in May. But I've been out of the loop on KC for a while so I'm not sure yet lol.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Yes, it gets pretty packed in there on a good night since it's mostly standing room but it's a fantastic place nonetheless. I recommend parking somewhere else though. They've got a parking lot at the back but unless you show up early you're not gonna get into a spot at all. Decent drink selection too considering it's in Deep Ellum.

Which band are you gonna go watch? My friends have been bugging me to tag with them to watch the Kaiser Chief's in May. But I've been out of the loop on KC for a while so I'm not sure yet lol.

Hollywood Undead. They just expanded their tour to included Dallas.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.

Dallas World Aquarium

Get tickets fast, since Trees is a pretty small venue they tend to sell out pretty quickly if it's a well known band. I love it as a venue, personally.

Ah, never heard of them but I looked them up... rap-rock? I might take a listen one of these days.

Yeah been to C&C but not with this car.

Cool. I might make it up there next month if the Miata group decides to take over a row again lol. My only problem is that it's sooo damn far, it's kinda not fun driving from Arlington to Plano at 6AM.

weather looks great, you should go to Klyde Warren park and have some delicious food truck cuisine
Then there's the Museum of Art, Nasher Sculpture Center, and Crow Collection if you're into art. Those are right next to Klyde Warren

If you want to chill a little bit, go to Bishop Arts for good food. Oddfellows + Emporium Pies will have you singing Deep in the Heart of Texas before the night's done!

Just got back from a short trip in Deep Ellum. Hit up Serious Pizza since I've never been there ending with some drinks and Jenga atop the patio of the Green Room.

The 30-inch pizza in all it's glory:

11043096_10206166665670893_4911439930748659487_n.jpg

Delicious, but man... I think I've had enough pizza for a week.

Quikies83

So it looks like I'll be needing to find a apartment to rent some place around Addison, for a job.
Could anyone recommend me a nice place for one person? I really don't want to go higher than $900 a month. I'm also 31 years old and super attractive.

edit: moving from Mississippi.

Wreav

Banned
900 a month for Addison probably isn't happening, sorry to say, unless you want to subject yourself to Renaissance Parc (please don't). Might look to see if anyone is renting a condo around the Keller Springs area.

Quikies83

900 a month for Addison probably isn't happening, sorry to say, unless you want to subject yourself to Renaissance Parc (please don't). Might look to see if anyone is renting a condo around the Keller Springs area.

What would be some good surrounding cities to look at?

Top Bottom