• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Damn Game Modeling Class!

Eric-GCA

Banned
Made me go and spend $40 bucks on UT2004 just so I can use the Unreal Editor. The worst part is that I'm pretty sure that The curriculum will be switching to the Source engine next quarter now that Half Life 2 is out, meaning that I'm only gonna be using Unreal just for a quarter. Damnit all!

skip

Eric-GCA said:
Made me go and spend $40 bucks on UT2004 just so I can use the Unreal Editor. The worst part is that I'm pretty sure that The curriculum will be switching to the Source engine next quarter now that Half Life 2 is out, meaning that I'm only gonna be using Unreal just for a quarter. Damnit all!

ut2004 is worth $50. you got a deal!

Eric-GCA

Banned
Thats the thing, I am already purchasing HL2. Its UT that I didn't wan't. If only Valve had released the game earlier then the class would have been already using Source, and I wouldn't have had to dump $40 on a game I didn't want and an Editor I probably won't use once Source is mainstream (which won't take long at all).

Eric-GCA

Banned
No, we model in Max or MAYA, and then export our mesh's into Unreal, using its Editor to create the "level's".

Top Bottom