• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dance Central 2 |OT| Electric Boogaloo

jcutner

Got my copy this morning, looking forward to trying it out after work!

Also, I assume the songs you can import from DC1 allow for 2 player mode?

jcutner said:
Got my copy this morning, looking forward to trying it out after work!

Also, I assume the songs you can import from DC1 allow for 2 player mode?
Yeah, I believe that's part of the incentive to import the older songs along with using the new 'break it down' mode.

kyo27

DrAndonuts said:
Anyone know how the 400 point preorder bonus is being handled? I haven't received anything from my Amazon preorder yet.

I think amazon emails them within 2 days after the game has shipped.

Mdk7

This game is pure fun...
Yet it's much more precise than the first one, so not being such a great dancer i tend to suck a lot.
But really, it's BRILLIANT, and the VS mode is such a blast.

I got my copy this morning.

I just played the first song on the list in normal difficulty starting with the breakout mode before performing, by the time I finished I was actually tired but that's what I get for being really out of form.

I'm really looking forward to keep dancing tomorrow, I'll have ready my towel and water bottle to have a long dance session.

My mother is having a blast tough. She is not playing but really finds his 275 lb, 5'9'', 27 years old son moving his hips funny. I don't know if I should feel proud or ashamed of that but whatever, I five stared that song like a boss.

Ozone

Just played a few songs. It seems I'm picking these songs up much faster than I did on the first game, as I'm not even needing to do Break It Down anymore. Maybe it's because I'm used to the format now.

Leeness

Can't wait to play this... Sometime haha. I won't be able to pick it up until Christmas.

But you know what song isn't in here that really should be? Moves Like Jagger. Hope it's in a DLC sometime.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Fun game, got this day one just like I did the first one. Is there a place to go to suggest songs?

chixdiggit

Just played this for about 4 hours straight and I think my legs are ready to fall off. Two players at the same time is worthy of a sequel alone. So much more fun when you get to dance at the same time.

chixdiggit

So I imported all my DC 1 songs. Should never need the game again, correct? I was going to ship it to a friend across the country if the case.

Bii

chixdiggit said:
So I imported all my DC 1 songs. Should never need the game again, correct? I was going to ship it to a friend across the country if the case.

As far as I know, it imports all of the songs. The only reason I'd keep it is if you still have achievements that you want to knock out. I'm only at 700/1000 in the first Dance Central, so I'll try and get 1000 before I pass my game onto someone else.

Bii

akilshohen said:
Upset at Amazon taking forever to ship this out. Gonna be waiting until thursday

That's strange. Mine was shipped out yesterday and got my copy today. Then again, their distribution center is only 5 hours away from where I live.

Bii said:
That's strange. Mine was shipped out yesterday and got my copy today. Then again, their distribution center is only 5 hours away from where I live.
I'm california, I pre-ordered sunday. I did the same with Catherine, I don't get why it doesn't have release day shipping. The free Prime is saving them. It's no rush if I'm getting the $10 credit along with the 400 points.

jcutner

oh my back hurts :(
so out of shape

game is really fun, especially once you nail a tricky move thanks to shouting "XBOX SLOW DOWN"

Ozone

jcutner said:
oh my back hurts :(
so out of shape

game is really fun, especially once you nail a tricky move thanks to shouting "XBOX SLOW DOWN"
I am disappointed every time I say "Xbox, Dance!" and my Xbox just sits there. :(

sangreal

Got the game yesterday but no chance to play it yet. Was surprised to find the code for 400pts to import in my email today. Didn't even know about that offer

Chairhome

Nice surprise for me, I should get my copy today! I did free 3-day shipping with Newegg and didn't expect it till tomorrow or Friday, but the tracking says that its out for delivery now. :-D

Struct09

akilshohen said:
Upset at Amazon taking forever to ship this out. Gonna be waiting until thursday

Sadly they didn't offer release-date delivery for DC2 :( My copy is set to be delivered today.

I'm not too mad, I got the $10 Amazon credit deal plus the 400 MS points. Plus I was just playing BF3 yesterday anyway.

EDIT: I also just got an e-mail saying that I saved $0.03 on my order due to the pre-order price guarantee!!

chixdiggit

I can't believe how well the voice stuff works in this game. Finding songs is a snap and sure beats using your hand.
My biggest gripe is that the DLC store still blows. Why is there not a way to preview it? At least let us hear what the song is like in RockBand.

mm04

Got this game for the specific reason to set up at a party in November. Much alcohol will be involved. I'm debating on whether I should even mention/demo that there is voice recognition. That could be disastrous as there's always someone who will abuse that function given the setting.

Bah, I can't recover my account for some reason, so importing songs will be awhile. :<

This game seems to be a lot more forgiving, though. I'm 4-starring songs first try on Hard, and I don't remember doing that in the first one.

xion4360

chixdiggit said:
I can't believe how well the voice stuff works in this game. Finding songs is a snap and sure beats using your hand.
My biggest gripe is that the DLC store still blows. Why is there not a way to preview it? At least let us hear what the song is like in RockBand.

I just look up a youtube video. Always on Hard because thats the full routine. But a good update would be to allow you to see a preview and the difficulty level.

Nemesis556 said:
Yeah, they have removed at least three characters. I wonder why? =/
Back when the first one came out, they actually did a postmortem for the game with Game Developer Magazine. Here's a quick reference from the article: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/32178/Exclusive_Behind_The_Scenes_Of_Dance_Central.php

In it, they mentioned that the characters came back pretty late, and some of it never matched up with the direction they were going for (both design, voices, etc). I guess they rally wanted to reset the stage this time around.

xion4360

harriet the spy said:
can it play Dance Central 1 DLC? Is it worth it getting the first one, or should one skip straight to the second?

There are 32 tracks in the first one that you can (for 400mpts) carry over to DC2. Note that you need an included code not the actual disc, so buy new or make sure it has the code inside. Any DLC automatically will be in DC2.

Chairhome

B-Dex said:
My copy said it had a 240 point card inside but there wasn't a card :S Should I contact MS?
Yeah, they should set you straight, even if it takes a week or two. They straightened me out when I had a problem with a card I got from best buy.

This game is so fun. Playing now with my wife and she's so happy, haha. Technologic is really fun, best choreo for me so far. we're skipping around the playlist to see what we like, gonna do all the songs eventually.

Import was no prob, didn't even need the disc, which is nice. Just the code.

malfcn

gf got Dance Central 2, and had DC1. If she transfers the content to 2, can she trade in DC1 no probs?

She got a deal. Got it from Amazon with their perks, and 240 in the box.

Chairhome

malfcn said:
gf got Dance Central 2, and had DC1. If she transfers the content to 2, can she trade in DC1 no probs?

She got a deal. Got it from Amazon with their perks, and 240 in the box.
Yeah, you don't even need the disc to import dc1 songs. It'll download them after you redeem the code.

A lot of us got a great deal! 240 msp cards were in all copies!

Top Bottom