• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dance Central 2 |OT| Electric Boogaloo

Chairhome

Did a good sampling of songs last night. What are some of your favorites? My wife and I love "DJ got us falling in love" and "Technologic" so far. Tried "Somebody to Love", but it was just okay.

Are there issues with the leaderboards?

Must decide what dlc to get. The big bundles are such huge savings, but I only really care about a few of the songs...

jax (old)

Banned
played about 6 songs and really dig it. Its basically more of the same with new tunes. Anyway to merge Dance Central1 tracks into this or am I missing it? I should read the box/manual. I should take advantage of the sale on. :p

duk

Banned
mortal-kombat-dance-party.gif

get down!

Jax said:
played about 6 songs and really dig it. Its basically more of the same with new tunes. Anyway to merge Dance Central1 tracks into this or am I missing it? I should read the box/manual. I should take advantage of the sale on. :p

It's in the DC2 manual, but grab your code card from DC1, go to the option menu in DC2, and select download songs(or something) It'll cost you 400 Microsoft funny moneys.

jax (old)

Banned
Yeah, transferred the data across and bought the two marathon packs.

Pretty awesome master list right now. Kind of overwhelming but I love it

jax (old)

Banned
I think I threw my back just dancing to DC2 just then. stupid song "threw my hair". lol. sitting here grimacing a little because its a tad sore. Hopefully I can sleep it off.

GuessWho

ilikesanta said:
It's in the DC2 manual, but grab your code card from DC1, go to the option menu in DC2, and select download songs(or something) It'll cost you 400 Microsoft funny moneys.
wait you have to purchase the ability to transfer your DC1 tracks to DC2? or am I reading it wrong.

jax (old)

Banned
GuessWho said:
wait you have to purchase the ability to transfer your DC1 tracks to DC2? or am I reading it wrong.

yes you do. the game manual from DC1 has a 12 digit code. You enter the code in DC2, pay 400MS points, and DC1 tracks download and come onto DC2.

yeah, its "whip my hair". :p

Linkhero1

Bought this today. It is a lot better than the first imo and feels more balanced. Playing with a second person is a lot more fun too.

Sydle

Bought this today. Feels better than the first, much more forgiving any way and more effortless to start dancing.

Like!

jax (old)

Banned
Just beat dc2 crew mode on medium and that was fucking incredible. Just the best thing ever. Why isn't more people playing this monster of a title, it is so good.

The styling for the final stage makes me wish theyd get Sega to authorize a ulala skin and pepper and crew plus space Michael. This game is excellent.

THRILLH0

Banned
Do I need my DC disc to perform the import or just the manual code? My disc is scratched up but ill re-buy if I have to.

Sydle

I'm jumping all over the place, and nowhere close to trying everything, but Humpty Dance and Bad Romance are my favorites so far.

Just imported all the original DC songs. Going to be playing this one for a long time to come.

Phreaker

I'm enjoying it. BF3 has been keeping me busy, but I got a few dances in. I also really enjoyed the first one and imported all the songs.

I have just tried the first three songs in the crew challenges in hard mode and I'm kind of torn.

There is a move in "DJ got us fallin in love" that I can't physically do, it's the one where you have to crouch extend your knees and do a little jump to stand up very quicly. (Yeah, i don't know the moves by name), My knees would explode if I tried to do it but someday. Anyway, I just bend down a little and somehow it scores it as "good", and somehow I feel patronized.

In the song Club can't handle me there is another move wher after kickin' with your left foot you have to do half a turn to your right then another half turn to your left change your feet and kick out with your right one and finish the move crossing your feet (if I knew the move name this post would be way shorter) and while it's not really that hard it requires some good balance and coordination to do it quickly so I practice it in breakout mode like ten times to do it well but when I do it in the song somehow my feet get tangled and I don't do it but somehow it scores as "good".

Yeah It's not really something make a big complain about but I really try to put a big effort to make the moves as they should be even if I have to do it over and over in breakout mode and feel that I should be told that those moves I did sucked and to keep trying.

I love the game tough and I hope to improve my physical condition to dance more and better because those five stars in those songs look like a fraud to me.

Pachimari

I am currently doing "Riptide" in Crew Challenges, but can someone tell me, why I'm in the pink box and not the blue box in the top corner? Now I'm at a song where I have to dance like a girl and do all her moves, I feel very uncomfortable doing so. =/

I can't find anywhere in Options, where I can move myself to the blue box and be the boy in some of these Crew Challenges.

And another thing, do the 240 MP come with all standard copies?
I can't tell as I'm sitting with the review copy.

Hige

In the crew challenge mode, there's an assigned character per song. Play some of the other songs and you'll get to use Bodie instead of Emilia. And yeah, the 240 MSP is in all retail copies.

ektoll

Goddamn, I played "dj got us falling in love" by Usher in Hard. I got 5 stars but my t-shirt was drenched in sweat Oo

I find it a bit more difficult than DC1, but much better also ;)

Jax said:
this game sold like shit? Why isn't anybody playing x360's GOTY?
I'm still playing it.

The issue that this game faces is that a)Kinect install base is still much smaller than the whole thing, and b)People bought the first one as a showcase game may not know the features and add-ons to this one other than "new songs".

Rikkun

I bought it two weeks ago.

I use it just to have fun saying my xbox what to do with an english accent.

Other than that I'm terrible at dancing and I should always move the sofa, so...

PedroRVD

Im a BIG fan of this franchise. I'm surprised nobody has said yet that routines in DC2 are A LOT more fun than the DC1 ones.

Having a blast even with the easy songs.

I got all achievements and gold on every song (disc and DLC) on hard on DC1...and I have been forced to play mostly medium on DC2.

It is a fantastic game. If somebody wants to compare scores, feel free to add me.

GT: PedroRVD

Hige

Trunchisholm said:
Stupid question. Are all the original DC DLC songs directly accessible in DC2, or is that done throught the import option?
Your DLC is accessible for free and automatically loads when you start DC2 for the first time. The 400 points is just to export the DC1 disc songs.

PedroRVD said:
Im a BIG fan of this franchise. I'm surprised nobody has said yet that routines in DC2 are A LOT more fun than the DC1 ones.

I got all achievements and gold on every song (disc and DLC) on hard on DC1...and I have been forced to play mostly medium on DC2.
Yeah, the DC2 choreography is much more varied and fluid, huge improvement! I'm surprised you say you're forced to play on medium. I'm not quite at your level since I only 5 starred (and maybe 10 songs gold starred) all of DC1 and about 80% of the DLC on hard, but I haven't felt a need to switch to medium on DC2. I've 5 starred most of DC2 except some songs in the top two tiers. I think with the improved break it down mode I'll be more likely to try for gold stars this time. I feel like the detection is a bit wonky sometimes, though. I have trouble with my combo breaking on stupidly easy moves like "Smooth" in Baby Got Back. :l

Hige said:
Your DLC is accessible for free and automatically loads when you start DC2 for the first time. The 400 points is just to export the DC1 disc songs.

Thanks a lot. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Got this yesterday. Tis awesome.

I've noticed that there's not a whole lot of DLC showing on the in game menu. Am I right in thinking that the Dance Central 1 DLC doesn't show there, or has something gone wrong?

I assume if I buy more Dance Central 1 DLC then it'll load just like the stuff I already have right?

jax (old)

Banned
apparently according to twitter... the gaga songs come on today as DLC

I could be wrong.

@ psychotext - you're right about the DLC stuff. They import fine. I bought the DLC packs (2 of them) and they all loaded up.

Top Bottom