• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

Italian site Spaziogames.it gave it 8 out of 10 (DR was given 8.5/10)
Never really liked SpazioGames honestly. Also, you can't complain about dialogue in a VN-type game.

I still don't really get why a lot of people keep saying that the characters are similar. They seem pretty different from the first one; obviously there are some similarities, but that's to be expected when the first one had 15 well-described characters with unique personalities (well some of them weren't that unique. Like Hifumi. Useless Hifumi ù_ù).

Alpha_eX

I'm on the Chapter 4
'Othello Puzzle' which is clearly Binary but the first combination xoxx totals to either 11 or 13 depending on which way you read it. The last number should either be 3 or 12... I've been told the first number to input is 9 but none of the lights match that setup. Very confusing and I don't want to reveal the whole code, I want to work it out / understand.

Not a massive spoiler, I'm stuck on a certain section.

ARGH

Alpha_eX

Was it the Chpt 4
escape room part? If you want, you can always bail out for 100 monokuma coins.

Yeah that's the part, I just used up all of my coins on the vending machine...*facepalm* I should just take the rabbit's advice, only
9999 combinations

EDIT:
I was eventually given the code but the solution doesn't make any sense, I really would like to know the workings out behind it.

HLwFH6o.jpg

OMG.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Looks like my postal product updated from Priority Mail to Priority Mail 3-day. So I'm guessing after factoring in Labor Day, it should arrive Wednesday. Awesome.

Mine is priority 2-day and it has $50 insurance

Does the game include a recap of the first one?

JPS Kai

Yeah that's the part, I just used up all of my coins on the vending machine...*facepalm* I should just take the rabbit's advice, only
9999 combinations

EDIT:
I was eventually given the code but the solution doesn't make any sense, I really would like to know the workings out behind it.

You see those
blinking lights on the panel next to the door? Write them down then tilt your head to the side.

Dominator

Mine shipped last night with 2-day shipping. If I get it Tuesday I will be ecstatic. My first experience ordering from their shop too.

Any chance of the platinum being less frustrating than in DR1? I enjoyed about 3/4 of getting that one but the final couple passes through School Mode made me want to throw my Vita out the window, just super tedious and boring.

wrowa

I've only played it for two hours so far, but I'm not really liking any of the characters yet. I felt the same with the character's in the first game though. Their personalities are just too exaggerated and silly for my liking. I still enjoyed the first game, but it was among the main reasons why I didn't like it all that much in the end. It's kinda difficult for me to get into the nature of the setting when I find most characters to be unrelatable.

Also, is there a way to change the audio language after you've started playing? Not a huge fan of the English dub, to be honest.

MSMrRound

Also, is there a way to change the audio language after you've started playing? Not a huge fan of the English dub, to be honest.

Have you cleared a chapter yet? If you have done so, you can save, exit, select a chapter and toggle between whether you want to play it in English or Japanese.

Do it for KanaHana Chiaki (okay...I thought the English dub for Chiaki was pretty good but still!)

Alpha_eX

You see those
blinking lights on the panel next to the door? Write them down then tilt your head to the side.

I did that but none of them
matched the patterns in the 0-9 range
. There were at least two missing. I got past it but was incredibly frustrated I couldn't see the logic behind the solution :(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Anyone have a school mode guide for the first Danganronpa so I can go ahead and Platinum it before 2 releases?
This guide from GameFAQs, looking through it, should be helpful. It tells you the best locations to take people and what you should answer.

Sadly, it'll take about 2 playthroughs to just level up everyone to make it easier to actually build all the stuff, adding to the repetitiveness.

Squishy3

Anyone have a school mode guide for the first Danganronpa so I can go ahead and Platinum it before 2 releases?
Set 3 or 4 people as cleaners, everyone else is gatherers. Rest people as needed, concentrate on completing the tools first in every playthrough. Don't worry about doing good your first few playthroughs, character levels carry over between each playthrough. It's more tedious than anything else.

God DAMN youtube recommendations. I wanna kill myself. Saw a picture that while not maybe a huge spoiler I fear spoils one of the cases of the game.

The swordswoman holding/hugging the Yakuza dude. Now all I can think about is that she kills him.

Friday is sooooooo far away. I'll have most of the game spoiled at this rate.

Being able to track packages is just the worst. It got to a nearby USPS facility a couple hours ago (not to the actual local post office yet) and it'll probably be sitting there until stuff starts moving again on Tuesday. Arrrrgh

Yeah, mine hasn't shipped yet. I had issues processing the payment so mine went through a bit later, though.
I didn't have any payment issues, but I imagine that Canadian parcels are not at the front of their priority list.

I was charged later so I imagine it'll ship late too, which is really dumb, since I pre-ordered shortly after it was announced. I've pretty much resigned myself to getting the digital version too, so that's not an issue, but it would be nice to know that it was at least on its way. :/

Flandy

God DAMN youtube recommendations. I wanna kill myself. Saw a picture that while not maybe a huge spoiler I fear spoils one of the cases of the game.

The swordswoman holding/hugging the Yakuza dude. Now all I can think about is that she kills him.

Friday is sooooooo far away. I'll have most of the game spoiled at this rate.

Everytime I go to view a Danganronpa video on youtube I open up an incognito tab so that youtube doesn't recommend me any DR2 videos when I'm doing my normal browsing

Moonlight

Banned
Everytime I go to view a Danganronpa video on youtube I open up an incognito tab so that youtube doesn't recommend me any DR2 videos when I'm doing my normal browsing
Doesn't really solve the problem of the sidebar recommending shit you don't want to see.

Flandy

Doesn't really solve the problem of the sidebar recommending shit you don't want to see.

For some reason it rarely recommended me any DR2 videos. Or maybe it did and I just think that because I try not to look in that direction for fear of spoilers :lol

Only a few more days :)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
UUUGGGHHHH, LE's in my state, about 2 hours away.....but probably will take Tuesday to reach the post office in my town.

Probably the most liberating thing about finishing DR2 is being able to go around the internet without fear of spoilers. Now I can watch all the shitty MMD videos I want!

Of course that's all going to change when Another Episode releases in a month.

Vylash

Probably the most liberating thing about finishing DR2 is being able to go around the internet without fear of spoilers. Now I can watch all the shitty MMD videos I want!

Of course that's all going to change when Another Episode releases in a month.

lol seriously, i was even too scared to google any of the character names

MSMrRound

I can finally Youtube all the Danganronpa videos I want. Time to watch that Sore Wa Chigau Yo! compilation video!

Would be interesting if someone decides to do a live reaction to some of these Danganronpa 2 trials...a couple very good ones in there...

Ibuki

Banned
Mine still haven't shipped, despite having no issues with the payment. I did break down and pre ordered from GameStop though. XD

The game already arrived earlier this week, it has been torture seeing it in the drawer this whole time. Why do I even look anymore?

bobawesome

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Amazon shipped it 11 hours ago. I've never been this excited over a game. I wish I hadn't waited so long to order the LE from NIS.

nikos

So I just pushed hard to finish Trigger Happy Havoc before this game is released only to get that
cliffhanger
ending and see that only
Byakuya
is returning?

Ugh, I don't mind cliffhangers, I actually like them when done well, but it would be nice to know what the outside world was like after putting 31 hours into the game. This game's setting suggests that at least some of it is ok, unless it's not actually real or something.

Either way, I'm ready for this.

Top Bottom