• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

I'm behind on playing my review copy but can someone just answer me this with a yes or no.

Is the ending another sorta opened ended style again?

Hope I'm not the only one giving it a perfect score. Though I did get my review it out earlier than last time, so we'll see.

I'm behind on playing my review copy but can someone just answer me this with a yes or no.

Is the ending another sorta opened ended style again?

(No spoilers beyond what you're asking)
Maybe? I want to say it's less open than the first game, but there's still hinting at more stuff.

I can't believe how hyped I am to replay this game...
Not even knowing the story can dampen my excitement for playing this game.

Please come out so I can immerse myself one more time in that world <3

Nice review, you really have a lot of passion for DR.

DR2 is one of the few games that i'd give a 10 as well.

It's a series that was essentially made for me. Rapid tone shifts, over-the-top presentation, the fact it utilizes shounen action themes in a different genre, general brutality, overly-stylized, etc. Everything about it is perfectly attuned to my tastes.

And to think I tried the first game's fan translation on a whim because of a show on an upcoming anime chart last year that caught my eye.

MSMrRound

I brought into the hype of NISA bringing the first game over and I'm glad I did.

Went through much of Danganronpa 2 without getting spoiled.

Hoo. What a ride.

Pedersen

When the first came out I had a whole week of vacation from school, but now I just got the weekend if I'm lucky enough to get it on friday. That will not be enough for finishing the game and I will end up calling in sick to my new job :(((

Dominator

When the first came out I had a whole week of vacation from school, but now I just got the weekend if I'm lucky enough to get it on friday. That will not be enough for finishing the game and I will end up calling in sick to my new job :(((
I can't said I'd recommend doing that... The game will always be there.

Anyway, is there any way to check the status of the order if I didn't make an account? I regret not making one and the options for people who don't are essentially none.

pariah164

14 pages before the official release date...

Once 9/2 hits, this thread is gonna go places. Hopefully Labor Day won't delay the delivery of US shipments.

Alpha_eX

About Key items.

I'm trying to gift items I've got out of the machine but I'm told they're key items and can't use them... How can I use these items? I'm on Chapter 3 and know I should gift one to a specific person but it won't let me.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
14 pages before the official release date...

Once 9/2 hits, this thread is gonna go places. Hopefully Labor Day won't delay the delivery of US shipments.
Aw damn it, I completely forgot about Labor Day. Guess I won't be lucky like the last time & get my LE 2 days after release day. Oh well, maybe I'll still get it the same week.

Hugstable

Banned
With any luck, my Gamestop will already have the game in and just be holding it. I'm tempted to call and ask.

LOL I'm about to go bug them today, see if they can hook it up a day early cause of the holiday. It's Thursday but it still feels like an eternity til next week.

pariah164

LOL I'm about to go bug them today, see if they can hook it up a day early cause of the holiday. It's Thursday but it still feels like an eternity til next week.
Good luck!

I just called my GS; they said they'll get it in by the 29th. Can't sell it to me early (expected), but it's looking to be a lock for Tuesday. Four days till Despair!

Zephyx

Chapter 3 spoilers:

That Chapter 3 trial and execution was so out of place.. :| Something's not right.

Edit:
Also WTF Nekomaru!

Kusagari

Disappointed that the LE hasn't even shipped yet.

Was hoping for another Neptunia PP situation where the game shipped really early.

I have 4 hope fragments with her and I'm still lost. Maybe I need to finish all 6. Ugh, this sucks. I wasn't expecting she was like Junko.
I haven't done her fragments yet, I'm just going on what others have said, sorry.

However, if you're really anxious about it, Chapter One gets you to Free Time pretty quickly and without the need to investigate a new area first. If you haven't started the next chapter yet (or gotten far into it), you can finish her up and see where it goes.

Zephyx

I haven't done her fragments yet, I'm just going on what others have said, sorry.

However, if you're really anxious about it, Chapter One gets you to Free Time pretty quickly and without the need to investigate a new area first. If you haven't started the next chapter yet (or gotten far into it), you can finish her up and see where it goes.

Thanks! I'll do some free time events with other characters too after I'm finished with the current chapter. Just starting to explore the Strawberry House in Chapter 4.

Chapter 4 prediction:
Sonia will either kill or die here.

Labrys

Just double dip on the digital cause that's totally what I'm gonna do

Do we know how much space the digital copy will take up? I only have an 8 gig card and half of that is being taken up by Project Diva. (this would also be good info for the OT post)

RetroMG

Just finished Danganronpa Zero in preparation for DR2.

Still kind of processing it. I guessed the big twist about three chapters in, but it kept me guessing enough that I was never sure.

Just finished Danganronpa Zero in preparation for DR2.

Still kind of processing it. I guessed the big twist about three chapters in, but it kept me guessing enough that I was never sure.
Yeah, that was definitely a good read though. Really enjoyed.
I doubt we will ever get an official release of that sadly D:

Doesn't look like we'll have any chance of getting the LEs early, or even on release day. (At least in Canada.)

Urge to double dip rising... O_O

Volcynika

NISA's shipping emails are kinda slow sometimes, FYI. Not saying it'll happen again, but one time I did get a package then the next day "Hey your order shipped!" It is at least a nice surprise though!

Hugstable

Banned
I looked at the bear, but all he could do was stare. He made sure I was filled with despair. The wait is too long, 4 days need to be gone. No spoilers known, so all I do is write shitty poems

jk.

I need this game now. :(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh wow, just noticed that for all orders shipped in Sept. (ex. everyone who's getting the LE) will get a Monokuma sticker as well:

monokuma_squad.png

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I remember getting a Flonne one with my LE for the first game. Though this time, the bonus sticker feels much more fitting.

Xord

My local retailer already has this game on sale while its suppose to come out next week friday. Too bad that I already preordered somewhere else.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Is there any place other than mom n' pops and Gamestop that could potentially have this in stock? I don't think I can wait for my LE to get here. I checked my closest Gamestop who told me that they'd be getting it in next tuesday.

Top Bottom