• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

pariah164

So I did a thing; namely, I made icons, 100x100. I saw these symbols in relation to the students in the second trailer. I do not know what they mean, but they sure looked cool (and kind of reminded me of the BlazBlue symbols that characters have). Thus, I made icons. Feel free to snag.

Peko:
4deDIrh.jpg
Gundham:
9YR4H6s.jpg
Fuyuhiko:
lEkfeqk.jpg
Chiaki:
tw1mAR5.jpg

Akane:
9TvAl2E.jpg
Byakuya:
wAYsGDr.jpg
Teruteru:
E9VKbSo.jpg
Sonia:
Az7JZcm.jpg

Nekomaru:
zO03nxc.jpg
Nagito:
vDAn3IB.jpg
Mahiru:
IOPA4w6.jpg
Kazuichi:
ortVzb1.jpg

Ibuki:
fk4WrG7.jpg
Hiyoko:
n9X7Znc.jpg
Mikan:
ycCtsbR.jpg
Hajime:
TEkkYxo.jpg
I also have fully black/white ones if half and half isn't your thing. Hope you like them!

Labrys

Teruteru's is the one on his apron, probably the symbol for his restaurant. Sonia's is the Novoselic crest. Fuyuhiko is probably the symbol for his yakuza clan. Rest of them seem to be the ones on their outfits or possibly the school symbol for the Jr. High they went to before Hope's Peak.

Pyreeze

Neo Member
Got my tracking number! Sadly, it looks like it was just labeled, should ship over the weekend and hopefully make it home on Tuesday.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
YES, e-mail stating that my order's been fulfilled & got my tracking number. "A shipping label has been prepared for your item at 5:01 am on August 29, 2014 in GRAND PRAIRIE, TX 75051."

Meia

Just got my shipping confirmation too, but they have to start shipping. Guessing with the holiday no one will get it on time, despair everywhere.

Labrys

Shipped! It's impossible for me to get it on time over the long weekend, but at least I'll be able to relax after work next week and play it.

About to start the first game, do I have to worry about messing up or anything of that nature or is it linear/easily replayable like 999? Hear it's pretty different anyway.

Labrys

About to start the first game, do I have to worry about messing up or anything of that nature or is it linear/easily replayable like 999? Hear it's pretty different anyway.

Go in without any worries about messing up, you'll be fine!

The first game's OT is here if you wish to share your thoughts while playing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looks like my postal product updated from Priority Mail to Priority Mail 3-day. So I'm guessing after factoring in Labor Day, it should arrive Wednesday. Awesome.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'm in despair, as I won't get my copy of Danganronpa 2 until Thursday. But, I suppose that's just as well, since I still need to finish off Xillia 2. This should give me just enough time to do that. Phew.

Shipping from Texas...why not California ;_;

NISA's LE are shipped from Texas instead of California. Such despair~

-------------------------------------------

Oh yeah, my LE shipped. I have no hope that I'll get it on Tuesday anyway and I'm dead set on double dipping on the digital copy, lol

My LE hasn't even shipped yet?!? D:

I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the digital version ahead of time now. I can't wait any longer. O_O

MSMrRound

Been a while since I finished DR1. For Island Mode, which is the DR2 equivalent of School Life mode from DR1, resource gathering upgrades for +1 gathering level/+1 cleaning level seems to be horribly nerfed. The others like "double amount of materials gathered" are still pretty easy to farm for. Currently some 38 days or so just into getting one of these upgrades. Most likely have to rely on normal leveling to get my DR2 characters to level 9.

Also, take note that Hope Fragment is separate from Usami's Love Love gauge, which you have to spend Trip Tickets for (I think there was something similar in DR1 as well?)

Also, hope you guys like your Tamagotchi simulators.

Here's a quick cheat list on how to hatch the different pets:

Snakemi
Hope = 0~2
Despair = 0~5

S h i t i m i
Hope = 0~2
Despair = 6~9

Pigimi
Hope = 3~5
Despair = 0~9

Red herring here to make you think there are more pets.

Gorimi
Hope = 6~8
Despair = 0~9

Usami
Hope = 9~10
Despair = 0~5

Monokuma
Hope = 9~10
Despair = 6~9

Goddamn. I started wearing contacts today so I REALLY regret not pre-ordering the LE for those sunglasses.

Anyone wanna sell theirs, let me know.

I know it'll never happen.

mothball

hnnnngh 1 day shipping and it's coming from the same city it might be here within 12 hours

Man, those 7 months sure went by fast.

RyoonZ

Banned
Platinum get!
Can't wait to see trailer for Danganronpa 3
Hopefully as soon as Another Episode released :

I'm gonna platinum it before y'all.

Although the trophies seem almost the same as the first DanganRonpa (collect 999 Monokuma coins, complete everyone's report cards)

Sorry pal :p

Also, hope you guys like your Tamagotchi simulators.

Here's a quick cheat list on how to hatch the different pets:

Actually the second one is spaced that way because gamefaqs doesn't allow "shit" word lol.

RyoonZ

Banned
Grats. Any trophy worth taking note of?

E.g
Do I need to max the Love-Love gauge in Island Mode for everyone or is it pointless, since I already got their underpants via maxing their fragments of hope?

Yes you need too.

The most annoying one for me is probably
Magical Girl Monomi, you need to collect all equipment lol.

Man I hope NISA announces Another Episode soon. Can't wait to play
Fukawa, my waifu

Alpha_eX

I'm massively stuck on part of the trial for chapter 3, it's incredibly frustrating when the game doesn't let you press on something that would obviously point out the killer.

So there are two hemp bags, who gave one to the nurse, or how did she get one if she is the killer. Also, issue with number of gowns.

RyoonZ

Banned
I'm massively stuck on part of the trial for chapter 3, it's incredibly frustrating when the game doesn't let you press on something that would obviously point out the killer.

So there are two hemp bags, who gave one to the nurse, or how did she get one if she is the killer. Also, issue with number of gowns.

If I guessed the right part you should
memorize or press triangle on word "killer's mistake" and shoot it on "camera angle"

MSMrRound

If I guessed the right part you should
memorize or press triangle on word "killer's mistake" and shoot it on "camera angle"

Yup.
Killer can't possibly know the camera angle since Hajime was the only one who saw it

Urgh. Still looking to trigger the last special event
Soda's one in Chapter 3. Nekomaru just got blasted by Monokuma. Did I miss the trigger point already?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Screw you RyoonZ. :(

How hard is the plat compared to DanganRonpa 1?

Also Chapter 3 SUPER MAJOR SPOILER QUESTION:

Why did Mikan kill Ibuki and Hiyoko again? It was still kinda vague.

RyoonZ

Banned
Yup.
Killer can't possibly know the camera angle since Hajime was the only one who saw it

Urgh. Still looking to trigger the last special event
Soda's one in Chapter 3. Nekomaru just got blasted by Monokuma. Did I miss the trigger point already?

Yes you need to have
item #104 you can buy it in vending shop and then talk to him when you visit Kuzuryu and it will immediately enter the event scene.

Screw you RyoonZ. :(

How hard is the plat compared to DanganRonpa 1?

lol, its not harder but its definitely longer than the first one, it took me ~30 hrs for the first one and ~50 for this because it has a lot more mini-games.

She was infected with Despair Disease and saw the movie and perform the imitation murder on Ibuki but Hiyoko saw it so Mikan murder her too, that's why Hiyoko's death method were different from movie. But yeah it's a little vague.

MSMrRound

Uhhh...
Main answer is that answering that would be a major spoiler at this point. She pretty much used her capacity as a nurse to kill Ibuki, but Hiyoko was only because she walked in to Mikan commiting the crime, so she was offed as well
. Continue playing and it should become clearer.

Top Bottom