• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

Darksol

I'm Canadian. Still stuck at the "Pending Fulfillment" stage. Labor Day kills Monday. I bet they don't ship until Tuesday. I won't be surprised if it's another week before I have the game.

Between this and Destiny, my September is shot :D

Hugstable

Banned
This long wait is sooo hard. Huggy sad :(

69-036-monokuma.png

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Estimated Delivery Day: Tuesday, Sept. 2nd"

Oh well yeah, launch day delivery would be awesome.

Ibuki

Banned
Mine actually departed already, so it's probably on a truck waiting until Tuesday to be delivered. I hate holidays. Unless it's Halloween of course.

So I got my game early, which is pretty great since I've never gotten anything early. I've been playing since Friday and it is beyond what I expected. So damn good.

I'm kind of stuck, though, and I was hoping someone could drop a hint for me for chapter 3 trial:
It looks like I'm in the final argument with Mikan. I need to prove that she's the one that recorded the video, but I must be overlooking something completely. I can't figure out what evidence I need to use on what statement. Without outright giving me the answer, could someone drop a hint for me?

So I got my game early, which is pretty great since I've never gotten anything early. I've been playing since Friday and it is beyond what I expected. So damn good.

I'm kind of stuck, though, and I was hoping someone could drop a hint for me for chapter 3 trial:
It looks like I'm in the final argument with Mikan. I need to prove that she's the one that recorded the video, but I must be overlooking something completely. I can't figure out what evidence I need to use on what statement. Without outright giving me the answer, could someone drop a hint for me?

May be a vague hint, but
remember, Hajime is supposedly the only one that saw the video. What does Mikan say that she has no right knowing?

Had to pre-order again from the NISA Europe store because my earlier pre-order had some issues with payments (because it was one of the first ones and somehow the authorization period was not working or something).

Had some great customer support feedback from them. The postage was even lowered on my new pre-order. Still doesn't excuse the insane prices but at least the customer support is top notch.

May be a vague hint, but
remember, Hajime is supposedly the only one that saw the video. What does Mikan say that she has no right knowing?

ugh, I'm such an idiot.
I forgot about the using other people's statements as evidence mechanic. You helped me realize that Hajime hadn't said anything about the camera angle, but I didn't have the evidence to support that, so I remembered.

Thanks for the help!

Mazre

Shipping confirmation received from Amazon. Excited for more Monokuma, will hold me over nicely for Destiny.

In Europe it's officially Friday we get it, but I hope my store will sell it to me a bit before that day. There is hope, because they specifically said "the date is officially Friday but we will contact you when it has arrived"

Here's hoping!

It's interesting that the impressions from people seem to agree that the first case is (one of?) the best. Many considered the first case in DR1 to be one of the weaker ones.

MSMrRound

It's interesting that the impressions from people seem to agree that the first case is (one of?) the best. Many considered the first case in DR1 to be one of the weaker ones.

Definitely better than DR1's first case. That's for sure.

DR1 spoilers
considering how they straight out made Sayaka spell out the killer's name...

There's also one trial that pretty much blew my head off. Don't think any DR1 trail came close to it. Wouldn't name which one it is, but can't wait for impressions. Glad I went into DR2 pretty much blind.

Pics_nao

Copy seems like it'll be here on Tuesday. Gonna call Peko as being my waifu for the game

For the love of god please don't die

Yeah. Most of the cases in DR1, while great, were pretty straight forward. The cases in DR2 aren't exactly difficult or crazy, really, but they do require a bit of imagination to figure out. I also haven't been able to completely figure out all the different aspects of a murder from the get-go in DR2, so far; especially for the first case in DR1, figuring out motive, method, killer, etc. was much easier. Here, you go into a trial with bits and pieces, and things don't really come together until you start hearing other characters' testimony.

Zephyx

Copy seems like it'll be here on Tuesday. Gonna call Peko as being my waifu for the game

For the love of god please don't die

I called it first! I already finished the game a day ago..

I was speechless and I think my jaw dropped with what happened in the latest chapters.

With that said.. When is DR3????

Miles better. My prediction of the killer was wrong for the most part of the first chapter.

Got the text from GameStop yay. I have to take my dad to a doctors appointment at 8, by the time that's over and we get back home it'll be time to go pick it up.

Ibuki

Banned
Yeah. :/

I'm probably gonna buy the digital version anyway too, but it sucks having to wait when we're this close.

I'm in the same boat but I work on Tuesday so even then I wouldn't be able to play until 5 mountain time. I hope yours gets there on Tuesday as well.

I'm in the same boat but I work on Tuesday so even then I wouldn't be able to play until 5 mountain time. I hope yours gets there on Tuesday as well.
Since I'm in Canada, that's probably unlikely unfortunately. I'll be lucky to have it by Friday.

I hope they put up the digital version right at midnight. Do they do that on PSN?

JNA

Banned
My LE has already started to ship and it will most likely come for me tomorrow. Huzzah!

Which reminds me, I should probably finally get that platinum trophy in the first Danganronpa right about now before the game comes. 0_0

Jachaos

I know I'll love this game as I loved the first, but it's cool to see the reviews in the OP average to 90. Hoping this game builds on the good word of mouth of the first game.

HomesIice

Impulse pre-ordered this game seeing as DR1 is so hard to find here
10 more days ahhh going to avoid the internet till then :p

Yeah, nothing DR2 in there. It is confirmed that AE WILL have DR2 spoilers in it most likely or at least tease them, but the trailer is safe.

Yeah, nothing DR2 in there. It is confirmed that AE WILL have DR2 spoilers in it most likely or at least tease them, but the trailer is safe.
Thanks.

In a few days it won't be an issue, but I don't want to stumble at the finish line. The time between DR2 and AE will be glorious, because I can totally binge on all the story and character info I want. :D

Still playing through the first but this is 30 euros at playasia with free shipping, might grab it now instead of later like I was planning.

Since I just started the first I'm not risking doing research on this because of spoilers so if anyone could be kind enough to answer this question:
I hear DR2 is very different from the first in terms of gameplay? Is that true? Or is it a lot like the first?
Also, what's that thing called Another Episode? DLC?
Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom