• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

Vlaphor

I ordered mine off of Best Buy online since I have the Gamersclub with %20 off, but it's saying I wont receive it until the 8th. I didn't buy it in store since I didn't think they would have a copy, but I'm thinking I probably could've preordered it there. Oh well...I can wait.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So how much of the music is reused from the previous game? If it's the trial themes, I am totally okay with that.

Beat Ch3 last night. That was...interesting.

So called Mikan being the killer early on. The story stuff after the trial was interesting though. Her VA did an amazing job when her character dropped the act during the latter part of the trial.

CrazyDude

Woke up this morning and it said I would get it tomorrow, checked it again and now it says that I will get it today.

I feel pretty happy right now.

As always I'm ready!

Received PLvsPW yesterday, now I'm going to wait for Danganronpa 2!
My Vita awaits in my bag while I'm working, as always :)

epmode

I'm honestly surprised to see so many people buying a retail version of a Vita game. The microscopic Vita cards + how awkward they are to switch made me digital exclusive from day one.

So hurry up, PSN.

LAA

ShopTo sent mine out this morning, which is awesome! Was expecting them to dispatch tomorrow, but seems I'll get it tomorrow :D.

Can't wait!

bigkrev

I'm honestly surprised to see so many people buying a retail version of a Vita game. The microscopic Vita cards + how awkward they are to switch made me digital exclusive from day one.

So hurry up, PSN.

I own a 64 gig and a 32 gig card, and they can't hold most of the stuff I own. I need like a 256 gig card.

I started buying retail recently due to this problem.

Chorazin

i think USPS and NIS conspired to spread the despair, my LE copy got routed to a town on the southern end of my county for no apparent reason. Tracking shows the right town and zip. Let's hope USPS doesn't lose the damn thing. :/

This is going to be a long day of work. Not to mention because of Fan Expo I haven't picked up Professor Layton Vs. Phoenix Wright yet.

I don't know which one I want to play first.

MattyG

Banned

So hurry up, PSN.
I have 25+ retail vita games, and I love it. Don't know why, I just like having all my games in their boxes on a shelf. And they're small, so they don't take up much space.

I still think it would have been really cool to go all digital, but I probably would've filled up 2 64gb cards by now.

bigkrev

So my gamestop only had 2 copies upfront(mine included) maybe more in the back but good thing I preordered.

Yep, this is the definition of a game you should be pre-ordering. There are smaller Gamestops that won't get a single copy of this game if there were no Pre-orders (When I wanted DR1, I had to go to 5 different stores on launch day before I found one with the game).

Hugstable

Banned
Only like 2 hours and 20 minutes everyone! Please Grace Chen get PSN versions up on time. This week has been the longest wait ever!

bigkrev

Only like 2 hours and 20 minutes everyone! Please Grace Chen get PSN versions up on time. This week has been the longest wait ever!

Never forget June 12, 2012, the day the monkeys failed so hard to press the upload button the store didn't go live till 2 AM

Have some perspective.

I have 25+ retail vita games, and I love it. Don't know why, I just like having all my games in their boxes on a shelf. And they're small, so they don't take up much space.

I still think it would have been really cool to go all digital, but I probably would've filled up 2 64gb cards by now.
Also, considering the Vita Memory Cards prices, it would probably be cheaper to rent a room to store the game bought retail than buy more memory cards ù_ù

HGH

Banned
I've been completely in the dark ever since this was first announced, I don't even know who's voicing who. Gonna start as soon as I get back from work.

Are first impressions spoilers at this point in time?

Animekatt

Still no shipping notice. The despair has become all too real. O_O

I'm in the same boat. No shipping notice, and the postal guy came at 10:30 with no surprise package. I just got back home from GS, so I will be playing the standard until I get my CE.

I'm about to dive into despair!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
9:03 AM: out for delivery

It's 11:10, mail should've came by now. *waits for mail to arrive JUST as this post is made*

JPS Kai

http://www.justpushstart.com/2014/08/danganronpa-2-goodbye-despair-review/

If you'd like to add this one to the OP (Penned by me)

To fill you guys with hope while you're waiting to get your copy, remember that good friends don't let friends borrow DR2.
d72590c1ab.jpg

9775d56098.jpg

MY CE HAS ARRIVED WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

...and my Vita is dead so I have to let it charge for a bit :(

Also, as nice as that CE looks, pretty much everything but the game is shelved forever now lol.

fates

My CE is scheduled for delivery today but it just left Anaheim CA at 5AM this morning...

... and I'm in Maryland.

Hm.

It went from Texas to California, so I assume the game wanted to go on a road trip.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
To fill you guys with hope while you're waiting to get your copy, remember that good friends don't let friends borrow DR2.
Hahaha, that's great. It'd be even funnier if they had one for pirating the game (always love unique anti-piracy stuff like in Spyro, Earthbound, or Serious Sam).

MY CE HAS ARRIVED WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

...and my Vita is dead so I have to let it charge for a bit :(

Also, as nice as that CE looks, pretty much everything but the game is shelved forever now lol.
Any word on the OST listing? Is it just like the last one where it's the theme, some remixes, then the execution themes?

Edit: YES, it's here. Box it came in was a bit dented, but otherwise, the inside was nicely wrapped with bubble wrap, so it wasn't damaged.

Edit 2: This is a rather nicely packaged LE. The coin comes in a nice case and feels heavy. Sunglasses are better than expected, they're not just plastic. The OST is 11 tracks long, though I have NO idea if execution themes are included. Took some pictures, but wanna grab some lunch first before uploading the, They were taken with my Vita, so apologies in advance if the quality isn't that good.

Bleh, one of the pics didn't turn out so well involving the artbook, OST, & the sticker. Here's the other two, though.

Oh, mighty impressed with how nicely packed the LE is especially compared to the first game's. Hell, the box looks pretty sturdy too.

During the wait you maybe want to take a look at the nice costumes of the Danganronpa stage play.
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/01/danganronpas-play-adaptation-awesome-costumes/

Some examples I like:

We all know he looks the best.

My card has been charged and I got the email saying that my order will now be processed to be shipped out, but I still haven't gotten a shipping email yet. UGHHHH.

I dropped the ball and forgot that I had it shipped to my parent's house (3ish hours away), meaning I can't get it until the next time I go to their house (next Friday). Major bummer.

RetroMG

Do we have any idea how much the digital version of this is going to cost? I just realized that I may not have enough money in my wallet.

Animekatt

Those cosplayers did an awesome job! I'm liking how the CE is packaged as well.

I'm still in the prologue, but so far this game and the characters are great.

Top Bottom