• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

Chorazin

Ah, Danganronpa cosplay. Went to a local anime con this year and there was a late night burlesque show in which two of the ladies cosplayed as Junko and Celestia. Good times, good times.

Hugstable

Banned
Yeah, might be good to make a review thread. I'd do it if I wasn't on mobile right now.

Nice to see the game getting great reviews already! This place is about to erupt with impressions soon! Probably won't be reading as much for the next day or so to try to avoid spoilers that might accidently not get tagged, but I'll be making sure to post impressions for each Chapter/Case that I finish! Chiaki and Ibuki better make it to the near end!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Won't get much time since I gotta leave soon, but gonna try to get some of the prologue in. I dig the new UI, especially the song title in the corner.

Were the first two voices I heard from Johnny Yong Bosch & Bryce Papenbrook?

antibolo

Banned
Amazon.ca still lists my DR2 order as "Preparing for shipment".

They better ship it today or else...

Maybe one day amazon.ca will stop sucking for video game pre-orders and actually get the game delivered at launch. But that day is not today.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Damn. I don't think my package will get here in time. The mailroom closes in the afternoon. Even though expected delivery is today, I probably won't get access to it until tomorrow.

:(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Welp, finished the prologue in time before heading to class. This is gonna be goooodddd. I got a laugh out of the video introducing everyone.

Should have my review up in a day or two, currently finalizing it.

I'll post it up as a link in the review thread (assuming it's created in the next day or two) for the OP to post up if they want.

TlWOisO.jpg
My despair is ready.

ZeroX03

Banned
OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE

I just got spoiled on the
Future Foundation
. I'm now well aware of the majority of the killers, returning characters and a victim. God damn. Not gonna last another 8 days.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Listened to some of the OST on the drive to college. It seems that the execution themes are NOT included this time around & maybe save for one track which I ASSUME you hear near the end, there shouldn't be any spoilers or hints to spoilers this time around.

& it's up on PSN now, 1.5GB.

Puru

I will play a bit later tonight, hopefully i won't ruin my sleep once again as i always do when i play a VN.

HGH

Banned
LOL wat? he is the best thing, like a warped Doraemon.

His voice is like nails on a chalkboard specifically because of that. Both versions.

Everyone else though? Real great job so far.

Won't get much time since I gotta leave soon, but gonna try to get some of the prologue in. I dig the new UI, especially the song title in the corner.

Were the first two voices I heard from Johnny Yong Bosch & Bryce Papenbrook?
Yup. It's kinda crazy but I kinda recognize a lot of people immediately.
We've got JYB doing his best "not Adachi" voice, Bryce Papenbrook being a bit more gravely do differentiate himself from Naegi.
Stephenie Sheh usually does high pitched characters but it's like she ate a can of helium doing Mikan(it's totally appropriate though). Wendee Lee is immediately recognizable as Akane if you've ever heard her angry/excited roles before, which is great. Patrick Seitz is...well, it wouldn't be him if he wasn't shouting all of Nidai's lines at the top of his lungs.
Togami's the same old, maybe a bit better. I still remember his VA from Sequence on PC. Nanami is actually Christine Marie Cabanos of all people, which is weird because she's usually high pitched comedy relief characters, but she's definitely toning it down here and doing a good job at it. Ibuki though, is absolutely perfect. I think that's Julie Ann Taylor, which is an odd casting choice, but she nails every line.
The rest I can't recognize but they're ok, Gundham's great. I'm not sure what accent Hanamura is going for though.

Definitely enjoying myself so far. No murders in sight yet.

Ventara

Gah! Looks like I won't be getting my copy until tomorrow. Whatever, it was gonna take the to the back-burner anyways until I finish PLvsAA.

DaBoss

Vita wi-fi card pls, it says it will take just over an hour, though the time left is decreasing gradually that by the time this post is posted, it is already below an hour lol.

HGH

Banned
Perhaps this doesn't apply to everyone but from what I understand downloading through the PS3 PSN and then transferring the files to Vita is much faster?

FluxWaveZ

Started playing it. Weird stuff messing with one's head right from the start, especially as one who avoided knowing about the characters going in. Excited to play more.

MattyG

Banned
I've gotta wait a couple days :( The one store near me that might have had it is the only location that DOESN'T. Of course. Gotta go on exrta vigilant spoiler watch for the next couple days.

HGH

Banned
Started playing it. Weird stuff messing with one's head right from the start, especially as one who avoided knowing about the characters going in. Excited to play more.

From the incredibly weird stuff happening, I've got a good feeling
this is all VR. The island setting, the staticy nonsense, the part that went "always always always always always always always...", the door floating in the middle of no where... There's just too much evidence that points that way.

nikos

Just picked mine up during my lunch break! Have to wait until tonight to play though.

The line at Gamestop was so long for some reason. Took up almost all of my time. So much despair.

OceanBlue

Just picked mine up during my lunch break! Have to wait until tonight to play though.

The line at Gamestop was so long for some reason. Took up almost all of my time. So much despair.

Haha, the cashier at mine said that they only got two reserved copies. :V

Just got mine. So hype.

Top Bottom