• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

That double dip~ Will you also be getting Another Episode on JPSN? I'm excited for that game or any Danganronpa to be exact as
this game left me wanting for more.

Lol, I was gonna but AmiAmi already sold out by the time I got around to it so whatever~

Then again, I did just want that Monokuma phone stand

Darksol

So NISA just emailed me to say they shipped the game. My package is in Texas. I'm in Canada.

Good to see that 27 dollars I paid for expedited shipping is being put to good use.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Chapter 1 ones are the sword and magazine by the way. They're both pretty amusing.
You'll have to hunt down Souda and Koizumi at different parts of that chapter and you'll be presented with a choice to use the item instead of their dialogue progressing normally which will lead to the bonus scene.
Cool, thank you. Wanted to cut down on the backtracking by getting those items first.

For trophies, you should try to get the hidden Monokumas as best as you can for each chapter, unless you want to backtrack later on, which can be a pain in the ass.

List of hidden Monokumas (JP Wiki) Take care of spoilers. http://danganronpa2084.wiki.fc2.com/wiki/カクレモノクマ
& this will also provide helpful, thank you as well.

and finally my LE has been shipped, lol

It's a good thing I've already played the game because otherwise I would probably be freaking out about how late I'm getting it.

Moonlight

Banned
I seriously enjoy all the UI/interface enhancements that they've made to this game. The new cursor is completely unambigious about what you're about to interact with, the GUI itself is totally gorgeous and smooth, and everything just feels so much snappier in this game. Even the camera control moves faster!

pariah164

Thanks for the Hidden Monokuma guide... but I can't read Japanese. CUE DESPAIR.

I'm still trying to get through the first trial; damn, the difficulty has been ramped up.

bLSo5DZPcrTG_SAnakoRCN_KApn9zb6wnHexf9btLGjwKTZHnKtGYgeEi2APbUUgSOCMJppSrBhSo44sPmdM9JJmdBSIqOpnh6b7gboR3i34Dw=s0-d-e1-ft

I'm amused that NISA caught on the Dis-Bear.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm convinced that Akane is somehow related to Hina from the first game, to the food obsession to the similar size of....the body.

pariah164

Stuck again. DIS TRIAL. (Ch. 1 trial spoilers)

Who knows how to get under the floorboards? I know Chiaki and Gundham looked, but neither actually went in. Also, Nagito is fucking crazy.

Labrys

Yeah, I'm alright, just a scuffed up knee and a scraped stomach but as long as I lie down I shouldn't be too sore in the morning.

It's great so far though, even though this is my second time playing I'm having a blast with the english voices and the localization.

Still in Chapter 1, but man these characters look awesome. Really love the looks of Gundham, Nekomaru, Kazuichi, and more. Much, much better designs overall than the first game's characters.

Zephyx

Stuck again. DIS TRIAL. (Ch. 1 trial spoilers)

Who knows how to get under the floorboards? I know Chiaki and Gundham looked, but neither actually went in. Also, Nagito is fucking crazy.

There should be a hint before the trial that someone found something under the floorboards. I'll tell you if you really wanna know.

Cheska

I love coming in here and seeing everyone represent their favorite character via their avatars :3

Found myself in a similar situation by picking up my local Gamestop's one and only copy. I had it pre-ordered on Amazon due to having some extra credit on there but decided I couldn't wait after all haha.

I'll agree with the feelings shared above about liking the character designs much more this time around.

In general, is the sequel regarded to be better by people than the original?

EDIT: Looks like my question was answered right above. Thanks blizz!

bigkrev

Can someone explain the Rebuttal showdown to me like i'm a child? I literately just spent 20 minutes failing over and over again, having no clue how to do it. I accidentaly stumbled my way through the first part by mashing buttons, but then couldn't progress.

CrazyDude

It's interesting how in the first game they translated ultimate otaku to ultimate fan fic writer, but this time they don't translate words like tanuki to raccoon dog.

Zephyx

Can someone explain the Rebuttal showdown to me like i'm a child? I literately just spent 20 minutes failing over and over again, having no clue how to do it. I accidentaly stumbled my way through the first part by mashing buttons, but then couldn't progress.

Here. I can explain in detail if you want.

You need to "slash" your opponent's words using the directional buttons (so if the words are appearing across the screen horizontally, slice vertically).

Might take a few tries, but once you get far enough (i.e. you can't advance anymore), you'll know when you'll need to use the truth bullet to "slice" the highlighted word(s) like you would shoot them down normally.

Once you've done enough of them you'll get an idea of how many times you need to advance before slicing down a statement. The "fail" text once you get this far also helps tell you which statement to slice.

todd360

Guys I need help bad at the end of first trial

im at the part where you have to choose the order of the 4 words. The on bone meat. Every combo I try doesn't work. Am I retarded?

Man, am I wrong in thinking that the Class Trials are even bigger than before? I don't remember them being this huge, except for
the last one in DR1.

Zephyx

You need to "slash" your opponent's words using the directional buttons (so if the words are appearing across the screen horizontally, slice vertically).

Might take a few tries, but once you get far enough (i.e. you can't advance anymore), you'll know when you'll need to use the truth bullet to "slice" the highlighted word(s) like you would shoot them down normally.

Once you've done enough of them you'll get an idea of how many times you need to advance before slicing down a statement. The "fail" text once you get this far also helps tell you which statement to slice.

Aside from the tips here, you can also slash diagonally if the statement is positioned awkwardly. I found it easier to use the directional buttons instead of the touch screen if that helps. Also, avoid slashing orange arguments as it greatly reduces your "momentum" for that round.

Guys I need help bad at the end of first trial

im at the part where you have to choose the order of the 4 words. The on bone meat. Every combo I try doesn't work. Am I retarded?

I also had trouble with this. :D It's MeatOnTheBone.

Got done with the prologue and Im already super excited but I have to put it down since I reached a stopping point or I'll keep going all night. I am fully prepared for all the despair that awaits me. (Im probably not in the slightest)

pariah164

So, finished Chapter 1... What have we learned? (Spoilers ahead.)

- Monokuma is just as much of a dick as he was in the first game.
- Monomi is useless.
- Executions are still fabulously over the top.
- Nagito is fucking crazy.
- And they are possibly being watched.

Have I missed anything?

Dominator

The game is taunting me in my Vita. I decided to start Layton vs. Wright and I don't think I can play both at once. I need to finish that ASAP so I can start this beast.

Finally got my shipping notice, but my LE is still in Texas. x_X

I think I'm gonna get the digital version right now.......................................

O_O

Cheska

The game is taunting me in my Vita. I decided to start Layton vs. Wright and I don't think I can play both at once. I need to finish that ASAP so I can start this beast.

Heh, I'm actually in a similar predicament myself. What I'm basically going to try and do is alternate chapters between the two games.

pariah164

... So. (beginning Chapt. 2 spoilers).

World Ender? Hope's Peak on the island? Why is the door on the outside? WHAT IS LIFE RIGHT NOW???

Absol

My LE just shipped today from NIS. I couldn't wait for it so I just decided to double dip and buy a second copy from Gamestop. Yay.

Top Bottom