• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

Loving this a lot. Finished the prologue and I liked it a lot more than the first one's.

Gotta ask here since I have looked for an answer everywhere (google)... Is the animation getting localized with an English dub at some point?

Double dip despair completed.

Now to stare at the download screen like a maniac.

OGUKJju.png

Rejoice, the despair only begins soon!

Man, I'm rusty as hell. It took me 6 hours and a half to clear chapter 1 (in the end I had a good grade at the trial). Either that or this game is bigger than the last one.

CrazyDude

Sorry? I thought I was unclear enough.

I quoted the wrong person. :p

Brace yourself, despair is coming?

You get 1 letter with the X button and combine it with the same letter by releasing it with the X button again on the location of the same letter. Once released, it will be a non moving bigger letter you can use. Press Triangle to put the combined letter in the slots below. If correct, it will be put in the slot, otherwise, you'll take influence damage. You must add them in the slots in order. If you don't need the combined letter, press X to destroy it.

Note that even if you don't catch and release the letter, as long as they meet on the field, they will combine to a bigger letter.
Thanks for the help!

HomesIice

Reading all your posts are getting me excited for release next week!!!

Should I play DR1 in the meantime or just leave it till then so everything is fresh

OGUKJju.png

Rejoice, the despair only begins soon!
As soon as my diner is ready, true despair begins.

(Watch as my LE travels through time and space, and gets here tomorrow. I won't mind though, since I didn't really have to spend any money. I had tons of extra PSN credit laying around.)

Ibuki

Banned
The LE is quite something. I can't complain about a second Monokuma squad sticker either. Is it sad that I got sucked into Sims 4 all night and didn't even get to start the game? Tomorrow after work, I won't let you down bb.

pariah164

... Well, shit. (Chapter 2 murder spoilers)

Was not expecting Mahiru to bite it. I thought she'd either be so ordinary she wouldn't die, or was the Mastermind/assisting them. NOPE. I am kinda sad, as she did have a cute design. If Hiyoko is responsible, I will take delight in getting her executed.

Sorry for the double.

Feep

Banned
Excited to pick up my copy on Thursday. Just like in the first game, I have literally no clue what's going on at all.

pariah164

Fuuuuu... Stumped on the 2nd class trial.

It's the point where everyone is doubting Hiyoko and I'm not sure what lie I'm even trying to point out. My options are Killer's Escape Route, Gummy Bag, Footprints on the Beach, Trash Can, and Yellow Gummy.
Oi, spoiler tags, please.

MSMrRound

Do we already have spoiler thread? I am too afraid to visit this thread ;__; and there are so many spoilers in here :(

There's a spoiler thread, but many over there already finished the whole game and are openly talking about late game spoilers+screenshots.

As long as other posters spoiler their stuff here while they progress in-game, it should be fine...I think..or if you want to play safe, just avoid it for now till you are done with the game.

Gazoinks

Just finished Case 1. This post also contains some Danganronpa 1 spoilers if you're in here and haven't finished that game for some reason.

Man, what is up with Nagito. He's like reverse Junko. Fetishizing hope in the same way she did despair. Creepy! Is he Makoto? Is he an evil twin?

In a way I'm kind of glad Teruteru was the culprit, because he was one of the few characters (along with Saoinji) I liked the least. His breakdown made him a lot more sympathetic, though. Sad.

Much better than the first game's first case for sure. Mainly because it wasn't really obvious and drawn out by everyone being dweebs. Also like all of the gameplay additions so far, although it took me a bit to figure out how the sword thing worked.

Will finish the rest of Ch 1 tomorrow.

The prologue was pretty underwhelming, though I like how
they made me cheer for Monokuma's return by having him end the borefest and beat up the most annoying character.

ibyea

Banned
According to my brother, our local Game Stop shipped only one copy which my brother got. This game is not popular enough. ;_;

AniHawk

it's not that, NISA just doesn't stock physical retailers that much

well the way it works is that retailers place orders. nisa would stock retailers more if retailers ordered more. that's why preorders are important, as they inform what the initial order quantity should be.

HGH

Banned
... Well, shit. (Chapter 2 murder spoilers)

Was not expecting Mahiru to bite it. I thought she'd either be so ordinary she wouldn't die, or was the Mastermind/assisting them. NOPE. I am kinda sad, as she did have a cute design. If Hiyoko is responsible, I will take delight in getting her executed.

Sorry for the double.

Massive case+trial #2 spoilers ahead.
Wellll....
I can't really sympathize. Not only because of her super bossy attitude, but her covering up a murder, even if it was to protect a friend... Everything about Twilight Syndrome Murder made everyone seem like a massive dick really. Didn't deserve to die though.
Heck, about the only sympathetic person in this whole issue was Kuzuryu. His sister's suddenly dead, he got roped into a murder just because of confronting Mahiru, he had to cover for Peko who was just doing what she thought he wanted (that whole "I am a tool" thing got really pathetic by the end), and that whole damn execution was just...ugh...
I am totally glad they didn't go with the serial murder thing by the way. That was a really nice red herring. And an absolutely amazingly stupid mask.
Also Hyoko is still alive. That makes me angry.
So maybe it's just me but does it seem like Akane came from a really shitty background? It's weird because she has a bit of a Sakura from DR1 thing going. And then there's Tsumiki "people extinguished cigarette butts in me" Mikan. Yeesh, I'm starting to think everyone is messed up.

Volcynika

well the way it works is that retailers place orders. nisa would stock retailers more if retailers ordered more. that's why preorders are important, as they inform what the initial order quantity should be.

Yep. Niche pubs depend on pre-orders pretty heavily.

Man, what is up with Nagito. He's like reverse Junko. Fetishizing hope in the same way she did despair. Creepy! Is he Makoto? Is he an evil twin
?

Nagito Komaeda
N A G I T O K O M A E D A
Do you see it? Incidentally this isn't a spoiler (I think? I haven't played the game yet), but I'm spoilering it because you spoiled yours. I have a knack for anagrams.

Puru

Well that first chapter was pretty good. Clearly better than the first game, wasn't a fan of some of the mini games in the trials though (same issue i had with the first one though, but i don't really get why they changed the "find the word" mini game which is now pretty strange).

Good (and bad thing) is that i don't really have any character i hate this time around so their inevitable death will probably be painful.

Ohnonono

Beat DR1 last night. 2 is downloaded on the vita. I hope I get some really fast payoff from that ending, lol. That said I may take a couple days break and play some Don't Starve because 27 hours on one game in a weekend (with a wife and kids and lots of stuff to do) means I spent ALL my free time with that game. Really excited for the new one because the last one was fantastic
AS LONG AS THAT AMBIGUOUS ENDING PAYS OFF IN 2.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Had to stop short of the ch. 1 trial last night, will have to play it once I get home early afternoon. Already, this feels like it'll be better compared to the first game's intro trial because I can't help but wonder what exactly happened.

HGH

Banned
Chapter 3 murder spoilers

YES! YESSSSSS SAOINJI IS DEAD! Screw you you little monster!
NOOOOOOOOOOO IBUKI WHHYYYYY'D YOU HANG YOURSELF?!

Also wow is Mikan acting suspicious. She's almost as bad as Celes was in case 3.

LiK

I finished Chapter 2 trial last night. Holy crap, the twists in this game have been fully amped up. Not a fan of some of the new gameplay mechanics tho. They sorta ruin the trial momentum. Not sure why they felt the need to pad up the game with those. The new Hangman's Gambit is a real pain.

BDrummer1606

Neo Member
About half way through the first game now and love it, just wish I could play it all the way through and not so fragmented due to class and homework. Oh well can't wait to pick this up when I'm done with the first!

Top Bottom