• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

MSMrRound

Okay I'm stumped in the 2nd half of the Chapter 1 Class trial:
I need to agree with someone about how the killer made it to the storage room in the dark.

I have no idea what one to pick here.

Kitchen Equipment List with Akane's suggestion of light

Wellllllll turns outs USPS LIED to me on their website and said it was delivered when all they did was leave a notice to pick it up later. God, Danganronpa is cursed.

Whatever, all the excuses made to double dip.

bigkrev

Wellllllll turns outs USPS LIED to me on their website and said it was delivered when all they did was leave a notice to pick it up later. God, Danganronpa is cursed.

Whatever, all the excuses made to double dip.

I'm crying with laughter right now

Your package will be delivered, impaild by the spear of Gungir at this rate

DaBoss

Only got through half of the prologue. Taking my time a bit right now.

Prologue:
Mikan seems like a nicer version of Toko and helps people instead of killing them lol.

Noi

I was so mad that I didn't accurately predict who would die. I hung out with everyone I thought would be a possibility, yet none of them were right :(

Same.
I'm not too hung up about missing my chance with Teruteru, but I really wanted to talk to Byakuya and get a peek at anything from the time between both games. Should have hung out with even with with a bad gift. :/

Saroyan

Got my LE today. And in spite of the excellent packing the post office found a way to ruin it. The top of the box is partly crushed, haven't opened it to see if anything is damaged inside :(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Heh, I like how when learning more about the vending machine, it sounds like they're referencing the annoyance of the randomness of getting prizes from the first game.

Any word on how many hidden Monokumas appear in each chapter? Just started Ch. 1 & found two already.

Got my LE today. And in spite of the excellent packing the post office found a way to ruin it. The top of the box is partly crushed, haven't opened it to see if anything is damaged inside :(
Mine was like that as well, but it was wrapped in bubble wrap and was surprisingly not damaged in anyway. Hopefully the same will be for you.

robotrock

Banned

Mine was like that as well, but it was wrapped in bubble wrap and was surprisingly not damaged in anyway. Hopefully the same will be for you.

Yeah they packed the game really damn well. I heard some horror stories about how the LE for the original game shipped.

Any word on how many hidden Monokumas appear in each chapter? Just started Ch. 1 & found two already.

IIRC each row has five slots, although I've only found about 60% of so in the three chapters I've played over the past week or so (some were hidden quite well).

And impressed at how NISA packed it this time around, wasn't damaged like the first game's packaging was.

LProtag

I'm around the beginning of chapter 1 and I'm liking this a lot.

Though, I am kinda bummed that
I've seen pictures of Byakuya skinny from the game, so I'm pretty sure he's not dead.

OH WELL

Hard to ignore all the random spoilery bits I've unintentionally seen, but I'll try to enjoy the game as much as possible.

Steel

Banned
Started playing a bit ago haven't made it to the first murder, but
monokuma just showed up

I really really hope
pervy chef dude is the first to die
. That's all I ask from this game.

DaBoss

Anyone want to make a list of which items to get first from the vending machine? Put it in spoiler tags. Thanks in advance.

God, playing this game without a guide is unbearable. I miss the one that I used in DR1, it made everything so much easier, I could easily enjoy the story without worrying about missing anything. Also, I went to wikipedia (yeah, I know) to remember DR1 and I read a spoiler. I don't know if it is big or not, but eh. I stopped mid phrase, but it is already engraved in my mind.

Zephyx

YES YES I JUST GOT IT AND AM PLAYING RIGHT NOW. IS THIS WHAT BLISS FEELS LIKE?

Brace yourself, despair is coming?

Can someone help explain hangman's gambit to me? I have no idea what I am doing.

You get 1 letter with the X button and combine it with the same letter by releasing it with the X button again on the location of the same letter. Once released, it will be a non moving bigger letter you can use. Press Triangle to put the combined letter in the slots below. If correct, it will be put in the slot, otherwise, you'll take influence damage. You must add them in the slots in order. If you don't need the combined letter, press X to destroy it.

Note that even if you don't catch and release the letter, as long as they meet on the field, they will combine to a bigger letter.

ramuh

I found it funny that my local Gamestop had a total of one copy and one preorder, me. They are now "sold out". Lol.

Yeah they packed the game really damn well. I heard some horror stories about how the LE for the original game shipped.

Well it was mostly cause the LE box itself for the first game was pretty flimsy. The box itself could cave in on itself since there was a good deal of empty space in the box itself.

MSMrRound

God, playing this game without a guide is unbearable.

To be honest, playing with a guide sorts of ruin the experience, and Danganronpa is meant to be experienced first hand.

I flailed a lot trying to link the correct piece of evidence, but if I managed to recall the proper one, landing it just feels so good.

Vylash

To be honest, playing with a guide sorts of ruin the experience, and Danganronpa is meant to be experience first hand.

I flailed a lot trying to link the correct piece of evidence, but if I managed to recall the proper one, landing it just feels so good.

yeah this was me, a guide totally ruins everything the game tries to do

Necrovex

To be honest, playing with a guide sorts of ruin the experience, and Danganronpa is meant to be experience first hand.

Wait. So this game is a bit harder than the first one?

Steel

Banned

Agreed.

Yes, I understand what you're saying. I don't normally use them, but in games that I might fail because I forgot something I tend not to ignore them. I don't use a guide in a game like Layton, because I like solving those puzzles, and there's almost no penalty. But here I would have to redo everything or get a shitty grade (if they're still using grades) if I missed a puzzle.

CrazyDude

God, playing this game without a guide is unbearable. I miss the one that I used in DR1, it made everything so much easier, I could easily enjoy the story without worrying about missing anything. Also, I went to wikipedia (yeah, I know) to remember DR1 protagonists and I read a spoiler. I don't know if it is big or not, but eh. I stopped mid phrase, but it is already engraved in my mind.

Thanks, you helped me a lot!

Yes, I understand what you're saying. I don't normally use them, but in games that I might fail because I forgot something I tend not to ignore them.

Remember, you can always retry if you run out of influence. There's no penalty other than screwing yourself out of a trophy for retrying.

BwkdcXzIEAA0jfb.jpg

Well I gotta say, I am mighty impressed by how quickly it downloaded from PSN. Take that, USPS.

Mazre

Just finished the prologue. It's good to have more DR. Liking the cast so far.

Prologue Spoilers/Thoughts:
Monokuma's entrance was great, I almost feel bad for Usami/Monomi. Really glad to have Byakuya back and very curious to see how DR 1 links to DR 2. Hope the 4 devas make it through okay.

Christian

Anyone else still waiting for their LE to ship from NISA? Preordered months and months ago, back when the preorder went live, and I'm still "Pending Fulfillment." I'm more than a little frustrated. I got the first game's LE quickly, with no hiccups. I don't understand why it's taking so long.

Zephyx

Well I gotta say, I am mighty impressed by how quickly it downloaded from PSN. Take that, USPS.

That double dip~ Will you also be getting Another Episode on JPSN? I'm excited for that game or any Danganronpa to be exact as
this game left me wanting for more.

HGH

Banned
Man, this main menu is fucking slick.

The best version is the one with Togami because his sprite can barely waddle around at all.

What's with all the Ibuki fans by the way? Is her design that striking even before release?
Not that I'm complaining, I'm loving every word that's coming out of her mouth.

Someone I'm finding myself oddly disliking is
Koizumi. I don't know why but she seems to do nothing but complain about everyone else. Especially her "Be more manly!" complaints. It's grating. And here I thought she was more down to earth.

And I'm really surprised that
Nanami, despite her narcolepsy, is falling into the Kirigiri role. She's been the single most helpful person so far.

Any tips trophy-wise? So using the first game as an example, how to best spend Monokuma coins? I definitely want to do a "clean" playthrough, but given how much of a tedious grind the first game's trophies were, I'd definitely want to know of anything non-spoilery that'd be good to do up front.

Moonlight

Banned
oh god this game has already begun and i'm confused

why is byakuya fat

why isn't he talking about DR1

are we in the matrix

oh my god THE OPENING OF THIS VIDEO GAME

Zephyx

The best version is the one with Togami because his sprite can barely waddle around at all.

What's with all the Ibuki fans by the way? Is her design that striking even before release?
Not that I'm complaining, I'm loving every word that's coming out of her mouth.

And I'm really surprised that
Nanami, despite her narcolepsy, is falling into the Kirigiri role. She's been the single most helpful person so far.

Ibuki's dub and sprites are the best I've heard and seen in the game. There's a lot of emotion or action on those voices and sprites unlike
Sonia's or Chiaki's

Someone I'm finding myself oddly disliking is
Koizumi. I don't know why but she seems to do nothing but complain about everyone else. Especially her "Be more manly!" complaints. It's grating. And here I thought she was more down to earth.

I fully agree with you here. I disliked her too. but you will understand her better on her Free Time events.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Any tips trophy-wise? So using the first game as an example, how to best spend Monokuma coins? I definitely want to do a "clean" playthrough, but given how much of a tedious grind the first game's trophies were, I'd definitely want to know of anything non-spoilery that'd be good to do up front.
I know that presents will be MUCH easier to get this time around, as along with the random lottery machine, there's a vending machine where you can pick out & buy what you want. & as for getting the coins, there should be a mini-game after beating chapter 1 that you can keep doing to get more coins.

Otherwise, it's pretty similar to the original. Get full report cards, 100 & 500 white noise, beat a trial without retrying, losing health, or using the concentration skill, etc. Not sure how long it'll take to reach level 99. I finished up Free Time in ch. 1 & I'm 1/2 way to level 15.

& WOW, got 100 coins from my pet. Awesome, time to buy some of those extra scene items when I get the chance.

HGH

Banned
I know that presents will be MUCH easier to get this time around, as along with the random lottery machine, there's a vending machine where you can pick out & buy what you want. & as for getting the coins, there should be a mini-game after beating chapter 1 that you can keep doing to get more coins.

Otherwise, it's pretty similar to the original. Get full report cards, 100 & 500 white noise, beat a trial without retrying, losing health, or using the concentration skill, etc. Not sure how long it'll take to reach level 99. I finished up Free Time in ch. 1 & I'm 1/2 way to level 15.

& WOW, got 100 coins from my pet. Awesome, time to buy some of those extra scene items when I get the chance.

Chapter 1 ones are the sword and magazine by the way. They're both pretty amusing.
You'll have to hunt down Souda and Koizumi at different parts of that chapter and you'll be presented with a choice to use the item instead of their dialogue progressing normally which will lead to the bonus scene.

Top Bottom