• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

kewlmyc

Wait is this out already in Europe? I thought it came out friday but it's already on the store and available in my local game shop. Why didn't I know this sooner, I would have stopped by on the way home :(

It's out on PSN only right now. Physical is out Friday in Europe.

MSMrRound

Bwnw1ClCIAA5Sq4.jpg:large

Fifth plat.

Stats. Spent my own sweet time with it, so don't be alarmed with the hours. Spent 5 mono-coins unlocking final event image, which got me the final trophy.

JNA

Banned
Ok guys, I need advice. USPS fucked up again for me. Possibly NIS too. I don't know who to blame lol. But anyway, here's what I'm talking about.

Yeah...this is how it came from the USPS truck. That alone is unacceptable. I HATE it when I get this mailing company instead of UPS. USPS was one day late for this package AND it's badly damaged as you can see here.

Oh but that doesn't end there. How's the content in the mail hold up? Well...

...WOW. Again, unacceptable. Now the game box is damaged from almost all sides. Including the middle part which has a large dent on it.

Out of all the games I have ordered from NIS where all other games have been delivered on time and unscathed from UPS, I get a delivery from the abomination that's USPS that is of course both damaged, and late. Which is my normal experience with USPS. -_-

Any advice Gaf? All I know is that there is no way I'm going to stand for that. This is disgraceful. It's the same deal with USPS and I even emailed NIS one time before that to please have my mail always be delivered by UPS because USPS does this ALL THE TIME!

Please help. :(

Moonlight

Banned
So, starting up the Chapter 1 trial. Speculation about the killer begins here, so bear with me!

I think it's Kazuichi who did it. From what it seems like, the breaker was overloaded by syncing up the two air condition's activation timers, and my best bet on who would be able to figure that all out goes to Kazuichi, as he's, y'know, the Ultimate Mechanic. Understanding all this stuff is his thing. Fuyuhiko is too obvious a target/scapegoat, and Chiaki already mentioned no feasible way of getting inside the cabin besides the front door at the time, and Peko is way too cool to be the killer.

Labrys

Ok guys, I need advice. USPS fucked up again for me. Possibly NIS too. I don't know who to blame lol. But anyway, here's what I'm talking about.

Yeah...this is how it came from the USPS truck. That alone is unacceptable. I HATE it when I get this mailing company instead of UPS. USPS was one day late for this package AND it's badly damaged as you can see here.

...WOW. Again, unacceptable. Now the game box is damaged from almost all sides. Including the middle part which has a large dent on it.

Out of all the games I have ordered from NIS where all other games have been delivered on time and unscathed from UPS, I get a delivery from the abomination that's USPS that is of course both damaged, and late. Which is my normal experience with USPS. -_-

Any advice Gaf? All I know is that there is no way I'm going to stand for that. This is disgraceful. It's the same deal with USPS and I even emailed NIS one time before that to please have my mail always be delivered by UPS because USPS does this ALL THE TIME!

I'd shoot them an email about it here. That's where I emailed them about my paint splattered sunglasses, they haven't gotten back to me yet but it's the best shot at getting a response.

Picked up my copy last night. Went through the prologue and a small part of Chapter 1.

This is the Danganronpa I remember. I loved the timing for Monokuma's appearance. I see he has switched from Gungir to Sentai robots.

I already slightly messed up the pet care, waiting too long to clean up.

I also see that coin hunting is replaced with Monokuma hunting. I'm glad I won't have to inspect everything every chapter to gather coins.

Gazoinks

Post Chapter 1 speculation
I wonder if Nagito really is the traitor or not. It seems too obvious if he was, which make me think that he might just be a crazy person and not necessarily the mastermind behind the whole thing.

I doubt it. As you said, that'd be too easy. I think Nagito is some kind of third party, not necessarily working with Monokuma. He might be connected to Monomi though. Hope vs Despair and all.

HGH

Banned
I just remembered...Case 3 spoilers
Jesus christ Nidai took a fucking rocket to the chest and survived what the hell
This has GOT to be VR. That moment was just too weird.
Still, this stupid Despair Fever thing is pissing me off. You couldn't even be arsed to actually kill someone personally could you? Just force them to kill themself. Ugh..
Also a lot of this evidence feels really contrived. Apparently there was a giant pillar made of wallpaper that somehow got torn down with Saoinji stashed in it? What? Going into the trial now, don't know what to expect...

I can almost hear /v/ posting Chiaki fanart threads as we speak.

She'd probably fit there well cause she just told she isn't "one of those gamer girls who talks about games they haven't played". That's something I never thought I'd ever hear in a game.
More seriously though(free time spoiler ahead),
daddy issues apparently. The way she talks about never having met him though, and with her incredibly weird narcolepsy spouts... Robot? More specifically, alter ego in a robot body?

That one character's obsession with shit kills me everytime. His English VO is friggin amazing.

I'm just gonna say it again but Patrick Seitz is a damn national treasure. Wendee Lee and Julie Ann Taylor too, because Akane seems to have accidentally wandered in from an action RPG and Ibuki is just great.

LiK

That's USPS' fault. Holy shit, did they sit and kick it around? You need to complain to your local Postmaster stat. Also contact NISA and see if you could get it replaced.

CrazyDude

Is there a number I can call instead?
From NIS FAQ:

If your product is defective or damaged, please return the entire product to the store you purchased from according to their store policy. If you purchased from NISA online store and your purchase is still covered by the limited ninety (90) day warranty, you may return the entire product (including the box and manual, if applicable) along with your receipt or order confirmation to the following address, we will be happy to replace your item. Once we have examined your damaged product, we will send your replacement at our discretion.
NIS America, Inc.

ATTN: Customer Service
4 Hutton Centre Dr., Suite 650
Santa Ana, CA 92707

Moonlight

Banned
I kinda love how you're basically Kyoko in this game, haha. Nagito says some useful stuff and makes good observations occasionally (like Makoto), but basically you're putting all the facts together yourself and everyone else is catching up.

You're even the Ultimate ???!

esterk

I kinda love how you're basically Kyoko in this game, haha. Nagito says some useful stuff and makes good observations occasionally (like Makoto), but basically you're putting all the facts together yourself and everyone else is catching up.

;)

I'm just gonna say it again but Patrick Seitz is a damn national treasure. Wendee Lee and Julie Ann Taylor too, because Akane seems to have accidentally wandered in from an action RPG and Ibuki is just great.

I cracked up every time Ibuki would say "Pointing!"

Well about time a real protagonist is the star in a Danganronpa game.

esterk

Took me around 8 hours to get to chapter 2. Chapter 1's trial felt pretty difficult compared to the first game.
'iron skewer' dicked me over. Couldn't figure that out for the longest time. I thought it was 'meat skewer' and was getting pissed that there were no Ms, haha.

kewlmyc

'iron skewer' dicked me over. Couldn't figure that out for the longest time. I thought it was 'meat skewer' and was getting pissed that there were no Ms, haha.

Chapter 1 trial spoilers
Yeah, same here. I was waiting for an M to show up. After 30 seconds I figured that it had to be something else. Kept seeing "I"s showing up, so I just put 2 and 2 together.

CHAPTER 1 TRIAL ENDING
for me the hardest part was

MEAT ON THE BONE

I was like FUCK THIS, looked it up online and it was in japanese. I really did get
boned

kewlmyc

CHAPTER 1 TRIAL ENDING

MEAT ON THE BONE

I was like FUCK THIS, looked it up online and it was in japanese. I really did get
boned

...What else did you think could be? There's only like 2 combinations that actually make sense grammar wise.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is spending time with others more important now than it was in the first game? I mean during the free time events.
I'd say so. Now you earn "Hope Fragments" to which you can use to buy certain skills that you want, instead of figuring out which person has them at which relationship level (not sure if those are still around, though), & considering there's more mini-games, that means more skills to unlock/equip as well.

& wow, Trial 1 already feels harder than the first game's on Normal mode. Probably helps you have way more truth bullets this time around instead of just one or two.

JNA

Banned
That's USPS' fault. Holy shit, did they sit and kick it around? You need to complain to your local Postmaster stat. Also contact NISA and see if you could get it replaced.

I know right? It's like someone wrestled with the box and did a rock bottom on it. It's disgusting. -_-

Also good news! I managed to find the phone number and will be getting a replacement! Huzzah! :D The guy on the phone was cool too so at least their customer support is good on my end.

It sucks that I can't play the game today though. :( was really looking forward to it.

However I will definitely have a word with my postmaster about this or whoever I complain too. USPS is the fucking worst. They do this shit to almost all of my packages. UPS is not perfect but I never have had any trouble with them.

esterk

CHAPTER 1 TRIAL ENDING

MEAT ON THE BONE

boned
Haha I thought it was
on the meat bone at first and was like "what the fuck??!" when I got it wrong.

PKrockin

...What else did you think could be? There's only like 2 combinations that actually make sense grammar wise.

I tried
On the meat bone
Bone on the meat
The bone on meat
Before getting the right answer...yep.

I tried these and
On the bone meat

Is there a point to testing my grammar? I only have a matter of seconds. There are at least 5 combinations that clearly mean the same thing and would be understood by someone hearing it. Why is the game telling me the final evidence and then testing my ability to put the "the" in the correct spot, instead of challenging me to come up with the evidence myself?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So tried the Rebuttal Showdown. I KIND OF understood what to do. Just cut through most of the wording, it won't go through if you hit a word that a Truth Blade can be used against, & if it's the right one, then press Triangle. I guess I did it right, since I didn't lose any health. Feel kind of mixed on it since I like the idea of 1v1 arguing, but the execution could've been a bit better.

MSMrRound

So tried the Rebuttal Showdown.

It's basically cutting enough words to "ADVANCE" to the next stage, where the weak point might show up for you to cut through with truth blade.

If done incorrectly e.g you get pushed back for second stage, they might revert to the first stage word cutting again.

LiK

I know right? It's like someone wrestled with the box and did a rock bottom on it. It's disgusting. -_-

Also good news! I managed to find the phone number and will be getting a replacement! Huzzah! :D The guy on the phone was cool too so at least their customer support is good on my end.

It sucks that I can't play the game today though. :( was really looking forward to it.

However I will definitely have a word with my postmaster about this or whoever I complain too. USPS is the fucking worst. They do this shit to almost all of my packages. UPS is not perfect but I never have had any trouble with them.

Glad to hear it! Could you post their number or PM it? Sounds like they're easy to deal with by phone.

God damn, just checked my time since getting it yesterday and by 2AM I'd put 13 hours into it lol. Kind of wish I could jump in again today but I don't have another day off until Saturday :(

PK Gaming

Totally. You actually feel like an amateur sleuth with Hajime. Kyoko was awesome, but damn'd if she didn't steal your thunder.

Top Bottom