• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

Pics_nao

I'm on chapter 3 and I swear sometimes this game is trolling me during the trials. After chapter 2's trial I'm filled to the brim with despair

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So PTA is basically Bullet Time Battle, but instead of tapping X, you press, hold, then release X to the tempo? Well, strange change, but at least I was easily able to adapt to that, considering all the rhythm games I've played, compared to the other new/changed mini-games so far.

Oh WTF, so Closing Arguments doesn't give you everything at once? I thought you have to go by one page at a time using the panels available. I guess I don't mind it now that I understand it, but it made it sound like the change was you do one page at a time instead of all pages at once with all panels at once. Now I gotta keep going back & forth between each of the pages.

Shahadan

No one is dead yet but I'm sure they'll kill off my favorite character first once again. And probably keep the annoying ones till the end, again.
Fuck this annoying brat girl by the way.

bigkrev

So PTA is basically Bullet Time Battle, but instead of tapping X, you press, hold, then release X to the tempo? Well, strange change, but at least I was easily able to adapt to that, considering all the rhythm games I've played, compared to the other new/changed mini-games so far.

Oh WTF, so Closing Arguments doesn't give you everything at once? I thought you have to go by one page at a time using the panels available. I guess I don't mind it now that I understand it, but it made it sound like the change was you do one page at a time instead of all pages at once with all panels at once. Now I gotta keep going back & forth between each of the pages.

Yeah, It took me a while to figure out Closing Arguments as well. At first I thought it was "here is 5 panels for the 2 holes on this page", and each page would give you 5 new panels.

PK Gaming

Chapter 2 motive spoilers

Could you imagine if the motive was early access to the new Smash Bros games?

Monokuma: The first person to kill someone gets to play Super Smash Bros: 3DS & WiiU!
Chiaki: EVERYBODY STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME

MSMrRound

Actually Closing Arguments now describe the panel as well as the spot you are hovering over. It's less vague.. so yea, it's a definite improvement

todd360

I'm in chapter 2 and I'm legit scared for these characters. I'm starting to love most of the group. I feel like there were less characters who I didn't want to die in the first game.

todd360

Actually Closing Arguments now describe the panel as well as the spot you are hovering over. It's less vague.. so yea, it's a definite improvement

I agree. In the first I would completely understand how everything went down in my head and still lose during the closing argument sometimes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh yeah, I totally agree having descriptions for both the panels & the empty spaces is a great improvement. Not to mention the game doesn't wait until after you fill in all the spaces & try retelling the story to mention you got something wrong.

Ch. 1 Spoilers:
nagito's logic is legit alien

i cannot comprehend

(Chapter 1 Spoilers)

He thinks there's nothing more beautiful than people overcoming moments where all seems lost, so he's creating those moments. Dude's a crazy, selfish asshole who doesn't understand that not everybody agrees with that ideology. I mean, he does, he just doesn't give a shit.

MSMrRound

YOUR REASONING IS OUT OF FOCUS

INFINITY UNLIMITED FLAME

Also, the motive spoiler that i was replying to was made in jest by PK. It's not the direct motive and they wouldn't know what I'm talking about if they are not playing the chapter themselves.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
UUGGGHHHH, so getting damaged in Hangman's Gambit = no getting the "no damage in a class trial" trophy....Maybe I should replay Chapter 1 so I can get those 2 bonus scenes & then aim for a no damage run.

& I got 100 points on everything except for two parts (61 & 76), yet how did I get a B?!

Dantis

Does this one have more than one ending? For some reason I always expected the original game to have more besides the super weird ending and the proper ending.

Moonlight

Banned
i'm

i'm finished chapter 1.

oh my god.

end of trial spoilers enclosed

Teruteru

you didn't have to be a hero

YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO BE A HERO

CrazyDude

Chapter 2 first half case
I am stuck at what truth bullet to pull and to which person. I am at the part where I have to figure out how the sister died.

Truth Bullets are broken vase, victim crime scene photo, broken fish tank, killers escape route, and stolen swim suit.

What to shoot it at: broken glass, with fish tank, beating her with gravelm had blood stains, with her fist

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Welp, 1st trial completed.
Poor Teruteru. The first trial & it was mainly in self-defense. Also WTF, Nagito?!

Guess I'll try that mini-game I unlocked before replaying Chapter 1 for the bonus scenes & getting that no damage run/trophy.

MSMrRound

it was mainly in self-defense.

Actually...no.
He was pretty much baited by said person. Said person revealed plans and he took it as a chance to get out of the island. There was malice involved and he certainly was not aiming for him just to protect the rest from the knife. Nuh uh. He wanted to see his ma and that's all there is to it.

Moonlight

Banned
Nagito: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ibukifoamingatthemouth.png

i just

fucking

fuck.

there are few characters I've wanted to punch like I've wanted to punch nagito

...and god, it's so depressing knowing that Byakuya did essentially everything right and he still bit the dust. And posthumously knowing that he dove under the table to fulfill his promise.

goodbye you beautiful bastard ;_;7

Will write a longer reflection post afterwards, but that case was astounding.

Teruteru's execution hurt.

like i thought it was going to be surprisingly quick

and then it kept escalating

and god, dying like that

monokuma didn't even tell him what happened to his mama ;_;

PK Gaming

Actually...no.
He was pretty much baited by said person. Said person revealed plans and he took it as a chance to get out of the island. There was malice involved and he certainly was not aiming for him just to protect the rest from the knife. Nuh uh. He wanted to see his ma and that's all there is to it.

It's similar to what happened to Leon in the first game. Had Teru revealed Nagito's insidious plan to the group, they could have cooperated together and found a solution but Teru didn't even attempt to do it. Deep down inside, Teru wanted to get out and see his mother, and his willing to use the lives of those classmates to do it. He used Nagito's threat as a self-serving excuse.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Alright, so I've just about got all the expensive items for the bonus scenes. I know I gotta talk to two characters in chapter 1 to activate them, but when do I do that? During the daily life, or before or after?

kewlmyc

So I decided to go and max out the hope shards of the characters I disliked the most in hopes that it would make me like the character more. So I maxed my hope shards with Hiyoko first.

IT DIDN'T WORK, SHE'S STILL COMPLETELY UNLIKEABLE. Just a needy little snot that insults others but cries when you say anything back, just to be defended by Mahiru. Just ugh. Hinata acknowledging that she's a total prick is cool though. Wish Makoto was more like this with the jerk characters from last game.

Gazoinks

So I decided to go and max out the hope shards of the characters I disliked the most in hopes that it would make me like the character more. So I maxed my hope shards with Hiyoko first.

IT DIDN'T WORK, SHE'S STILL COMPLETELY UNLIKEABLE. Just a needy little snot that insults other but cries when you say anything back, just to be defended by Mahiru. Just ugh. Hinata acknowledging that she's a total prick is cool though. Wish Makoto was more like this with the jerk characters from last game.

Yup. I'm not far in yet, but she pretty much seems like the worst. Although her snarky face is pretty great in a punchable way. :p

mothball

About the circumstances of the 2nd case:
why didn't the killer just exit normally and wipe away the footprints they would've left?

Vylash

About the circumstances of the 2nd case:
why didn't the killer just exit normally and wipe away the footprints they would've left?

that would make it obvious that evidence was tampered with, thus casting doubt on why Hiyoko's footprints were clearly visible, which would've ruined their entire plan to frame her

pariah164

Chapter 3 trial, fucking aye. Need some help.

I don't know which truth bullet to fire in this testimony. At the end, Chiaki says I'm the only one who can find the killer's mistake. I get the feeling I'm supposed to make a truth bullet out of that but I can't seem to make it in time with all the white noise. HALP.

pariah164

End of chapter 3... What the fuck just happened?

That punishment was... weird. So was Mikan fired into the sun or what? It's not really clear on how she died. And yay, Nekomaru is back, but... He's a robot now? Wat. This game is getting weirder and weirder.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So yeah, Improved Hangman's Gambit still is too damn reliant on getting lucky with the game deciding "HMMMM, I guess you can have the letter you need now OH WHAT'S THAT OTHER LETTER THAT'S A FEW INCHES AWAY BETTER NOT LET IT HIT IT OOPS". Even worse, it'll happen RIGHT NEAR THE EDGE WHERE YOU CAN'T SEE IT.

OH GOD NO I ACCIDENTALLY SELECTED THE WRONG PERSON I GOTTA DO IHG WITHOUT DAMAGE AGAIN UUUGGGHHHHH

Gazoinks

Ch 2

Woah, what? There's a ruin of Hope's Peak on the island? Are we way in the future? Is this island all that's left of the world or something? Why don't Monomi and Monokuma know anything about it? This isn't happening at the same time as the first game, right? That wouldn't make sense. World Ender are Ultimate Despair, right?

So many questions.

Steel

Banned
Holy shit the new trial system is so much better than DR 1. I honestly think CH 1 was as hard as many Ace Attorney cases, and it was the god damned tutorial trial. I'm looking forward to the rest.

Ch 1 Spoilers:
I actually saw one and a half twists coming, I kinda figured Nagito was the one who turned out the power(The scene with him talking about how he was the one to turn off the Iron's cemented it for me). However, the fact that it was his idea to go into Byakua's room, and that's where we found the essential clue of the death threat note, kinda made me suspect that he didn't actually commit the murder, that he was trying to take the fall for someone else. I did not suspect that he was quite that messed up in the head however, and didn't see the whole "He was the one who was supposed to die, but Byakua saved him", thing coming either.

I can say one thing about this trial though, it gave me a good feel for all the characters. Akane fills Hiro's role of absolute idiot, but at least she's a bit less obnoxious about it(At least we didn't have an arguement similar to the "It's a ghost" one). Nekomaru and Gundham fills Asahina's role of being a bit dumb, but still bringing up good points, and they're both absolutely hilarious. The rest seem to bring up intelligent enough points to put them above the average charater in DR 1, even Fuyuhiko. What I found surpising though, is the fact that Chiaki seems to be the one taking Kirigiri's place of saving your ass before you go off course.

All in all, I think the cast is a bit smarter this time around, which is a welcome improvement.

Also,
so glad Teruteru is out of the way. I was hoping he would be the first to die, but at least he was the second.

LProtag

Ch. 1 was pretty intense.

There's some stuff going on here that I'm speculating on but still have no idea about.

Also I only got a B but I'm playing it on hard because it's more fun. It just suffers from that Phoenix Wright kind of logic sometimes, where you know what the correct line of thought is, but the way you have to present it is kinda weird.

Also I kept trying "On the Meat Bone" or some variation rather than "Meat on the Bone", haha.

PKrockin

Holy shit the new trial system is so much better than DR 1. I honestly think CH 1 was as hard as many Ace Attorney cases, and it was the god damned tutorial trial. I'm looking forward to the rest.

Ch 1 Spoilers:
I actually saw one and a half twists coming, I kinda figured Nagito was the one who turned out the power(The scene with him talking about how he was the one to turn off the Iron's cemented it for me). However, the fact that it was his idea to go into Byakua's room, and that's where we found the essential clue of the death threat note, kinda made me suspect that he didn't actually commit the murder, that he was trying to take the fall for someone else. I did not suspect that he was quite that messed up in the head however, and didn't see the whole "He was the one who was supposed to die, but Byakua saved him", thing coming either.

I can say one thing about this trial though, it gave me a good feel for all the characters. Akane fills Hiro's role of absolute idiot, but at least she's a bit less obnoxious about it(At least we didn't have an arguement similar to the "It's a ghost" one). Nekomaru and Gundham fills Asahina's role of being a bit dumb, but still bringing up good points, and they're both absolutely hilarious. The rest seem to bring up intelligent enough points to put them above the average charater in DR 1, even Fuyuhiko. What I found surpising though, is the fact that Chiaki seems to be the one taking Kirigiri's place of saving your ass before you go off course.

All in all, I think the cast is a bit smarter this time around, which is a welcome improvement.

Also,
so glad Teruteru is out of the way. I was hoping he would be the first to die, but at least he was the second.
Yeah, I can agree with a these impressions of the characters.
Nekomaru and Gundham are great, Chiaki stepping big time surprised me, and I'm glad Teru is gone. But don't worry, there's plenty of game left, we still may debate the existence of Gundham's supernatural powers or something.

...ugh, dammit guys, I was gonna beat Layton Vs Wright before I played more of this.

Starting Chapter 2 now.
Wait, Layton vs. Wright is out? SHIT

Steel

Banned
Yeah, I can agree with a these impressions of the characters.
Nekomaru and Gundham are great, Chiaki stepping big time surprised me, and I'm glad Teru is gone. But don't worry, there's plenty of game left, we still may debate the existence of Gundham's supernatural powers or something.

You know, I think I'd be ok with that. At least it would probably be more hilarious than face palm.

Wait, Layton vs. Wright is out? SHIT

"IT'S SHIIIIIITT! TIME TO MAN UP!"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Okay, so I got the alternate dialogue with Kazuichi in chapter 1 near the beginning since I had the sword & said I'd go with him later......now what? Was that it? Edit: Oh never mind, it happened automatically. Now to figure out the other one. Something about a magazine & Koizumi.

I wanna ask for a guide, but I know it'll spoil who lives/didn't commit the murders.

Gazoinks

I am the worst at Social Linking. First accidentally gave Peko nothing, then tried again and gave her something bad. :|

No waifus for Hajime.

Top Bottom