• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

LiK

Haven't got much time to play these days but made it to chapter 2. The trials are more interesting so far but I'm not liking the minigames this time around. It seems they've made them annoying on purpose. The one where you slash word is terribly irritating.

They also increased the creepy pervert stuff up a notch in this one, unfortunately.

They all suck. Unnecessary padding to add gameplay when the trial itself is already interesting in its own. I'm in Chapter 3 and they make you do way more of them. I'm tempted to switch to Gentle just so they're less annoying.

mothball

I actually like the new Hangman's Gambit. With proper use of the fast forward and storing future letters, it gets frantic (in a good way), and it feels awesome getting the last letter you need and then scooping up 5 saved letters instantly.

LX_Theo

Banned
Haven't got much time to play these days but made it to chapter 2. The trials are more interesting so far but I'm not liking the minigames this time around. It seems they've made them annoying on purpose. The one where you slash word is terribly irritating.

They also increased the creepy pervert stuff up a notch in this one, unfortunately.
Make sure you use the stick and buttons on the rebuttal showdown. Much easier than swiping.

Moonlight

Banned
i found Ibuki kinda irritating, tbh.
7SntKpC.png

Also, thanks for the people who gave me the answer for that segment. Would never have thought of it myself.

but man, chapter 2 trial spoilers:

i'm only a little further than the trial interlude but

it's totally sonia isn't it ._.

i didn't wanna think about it so i was hoping that hiyoko would be the killer and i thought maybe i was being crazy but the only way she could have gotten a wetsuit is if she entered the beach house before the murder took place. and she was so late to arrival. plus she organized the swim meet in the first place, which clearly interfered with mahiru's plans to get everyone together to talk about the photos

then there's the fascination with that serial killer and the mask left behind at the scene of the crime

and she could have worn a wetsuit over a swimsuit to hide blood spatter, too and oh god i'm getting so uncomfortable

i don't want to be right

whatever gods might be out there, please please please make the culprit fuyuhiko ;___________________;

Quick answer. I am about to start the game. I have very few time to play and want to finish the game. Should i play with kind logic or gentle ? Is gentle really too easy ?

LiK

Quick answer. I am about to start the game. I have very few time to play and want to finish the game. Should i play with kind logic or gentle ? Is gentle really too easy ?

The minigames are tougher and more annoying this time. Play Gentle.

LX_Theo

Banned
Mean logic and kind action feels like it'd be the most fun (currently in Ch 3 trial with mean on both)

Edit: to note, the game lets you change them before each trial

pariah164

Yes this. It makes it way easier.
... I had no idea, orz.

I know you get a 500 point bonus each for beating a trial on Mean, but since I have to go replay trials to get more coins (I cannot beat the Final Wave boss on Usami's minigame AT ALL), how many COINS does Gentle difficulty net you? I get about 100-150 per trial on Mean, so...

Gazoinks

Ch 3

WHEN I SAID IBUKI SHOULD STOP TALKING IN THIRD-PERSON, I DIDN'T WANT HER TO STOP TAKING ENTIRELY. Oh, and Hiyoko is also dead. Which kind of sucks, but she was probably my least favorite living character. >.>

And what's with this Despair Disease? Weird! I bet it was at least partially responsible for The Tragedy. Engineered by World Ender, prob'ly.

Nyargh!

So I got a letter in my box for the limited edition that my coin case for the monocoin was damaged and I would be receiving a replacement. What are the cases supposed to look like?

Goddamn, I need to stay the fuck away from this thread.

I have a backlog of games I told myself I'd start and finish before playing Danganronpa 2.

The temptation.......despair is me...

Mokoi

Banned
Should be able to play this later tonight since my package should be delivered when I get home. Can't wait to play it, and I hope the trials are more difficult this time.

ramyeon

i found Ibuki kinda irritating, tbh.
I seriously hope this past tense is not a spoiler... :/
Especially since you're at chapter 3 and I'm at chapter 2.

I feel like I'm walking on eggshells in this thread after being spoiled on DR1's main twist by some idiot that didn't tag properly in that OT.

LiK

I seriously hope this past tense is not a spoiler... :/
Especially since you're at chapter 3 and I'm at chapter 2.

I feel like I'm walking on eggshells in this thread after being spoiled on DR1's main twist by some idiot that didn't tag properly in that OT.

I used past tense for a lot of things here. If you're worried, come back later.

Anyway, I need help in Chapter 3 trial.

what is the Truth Bullet for the part where you need to prove Mikan recorded the video? I keep fucking it up. retried so many times...

LiK

Dude, the same exact thing happened to me and I had to ask a few pages back. Same non-stop debate and everything. lol

Gaddammit, all those fucking minigames made me forget. I spent like an hour on it last night. XD

Anyway, I'm not getting it. Do you remember which one to solve. I wasted enough time on it.

Ok, chapter 1 trial was pretty gud. From the start of the investigation to the end of the trial I had like 4 possible suspects that kept rotating in my head
Teruteru, Peko, Yakuzadude, Soda. But even then Teru was not really that obvious outside of the fact that the murder was obviously done by the scewer. My main suspect was Peko and mid trial I was expecting the toilet to be the place with access beneath the floor.

What I did NOT expect and came as a total curveball was obviously
Nagito basically being behind everything and pretty much revealing himself to be Junko levels of insane at the first chapter.

yami4ct

[IG]http://i.imgur.com/7SntKpC.png[/IMG]

Also, thanks for the people who gave me the answer for that segment. Would never have thought of it myself.

but man, chapter 2 trial spoilers:

i'm only a little further than the trial interlude but

it's totally sonia isn't it ._.

i didn't wanna think about it so i was hoping that hiyoko would be the killer and i thought maybe i was being crazy but the only way she could have gotten a wetsuit is if she entered the beach house before the murder took place. and she was so late to arrival. plus she organized the swim meet in the first place, which clearly interfered with mahiru's plans to get everyone together to talk about the photos

then there's the fascination with that serial killer and the mask left behind at the scene of the crime

and she could have worn a wetsuit over a swimsuit to hide blood spatter, too and oh god i'm getting so uncomfortable

i don't want to be right

whatever gods might be out there, please please please make the culprit fuyuhiko ;___________________;

You and I think exactly alike, haha. That was exactly the conclusion I came to the moment I saw
the wetsuits in the closet
. Super duper suspicious. END OF CASE SPOILERS
They really got me when nothing came of it. Super surprising.

todd360

You and I think exactly alike, haha. That was exactly the conclusion I came to the moment I saw
the wetsuits in the closet
. Super duper suspicious. END OF CASE SPOILERS
They really got me when nothing came of it. Super surprising.

Yeah I was like 100% sure it was Sonia when the wetsuit stuff came up. Ok maybe not 100%.

Vamphuntr

I like how the trials are actually interesting because you have to think a bit to find the weak points in this one. In the first game most of the time the problem I had was stealing the wrong sentence since sometimes the opposite of what you stole could be also true ie I would use sentence 2 against sentence 1 while the answer the game wanted was to use sentence 1 against 2. The motives are actually a lot more complex to compared to the first game.

It's too bad it's filled with pandering crap and 12 years old level writing. Did they really need to have a character that keeps talking about poop?

Gazoinks

Oh wow, I just noticed that
Teruteru's dead portrait during trials replaces the cross with a knife and fork. That's great.

Steel

Banned
Pre-trial thoughts for Chapter 2:
The game is trying really hard to make either fuyuhiko or Saionji out to be the killer. I feel like it's too obvious for them to be guilty. And Ibuki seeming to lie about playing the game and being the only other one that's part of the cast make me suspicious. I think Ibuki did it.

DaBoss

Chapter 3 post-trial

That sure was something. Here I thought the killer told Ibuki to hang herself and then she did it. At least it wasn't as bad as that.

I didn't expect Mikan to be the killer, I didn't want to believe it. But what she says at the end was just insane. Did not expect that at all. I feel like I know why she is like that.

And that leads me to wonder about the other students there other than Nagito. Were they like Mikan? Probably. There would be no reason for Usami who is all about hope to make them forget about their school life unless they became despair followers or something.

Too bad Monokuma is using that to his advantage.

I can't imagine that the Future Foundation is actually evil with how Monokuma loves to put it in a bad light.

And then Nekamaru lol.

Also, this game really tries hard to make Sonia the culprit, or maybe it is me just wondering when Sonia will snap and preparing for the worst lol

Top Bottom