• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
DAMN, raising the pet really is a great way to get coins. The last one that I raised gave me a whopping 250. Sure, takes a while, but at least I don't have to search every single thing for a coin like last time.

Ch4 Post Trial

Should have seen that killer coming. Dat punishment scene with the hamsters.

Interesting development post-trial. Curious to find out who the traitor is.

LProtag

I feel dumb but I keep missing out on the hidden statues or whatever.

Am I going to be missing out on something huge if I don't get them all?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
They're an income of coins, as each one gives you 10 coins, with one giving you 20. They also count towards a trophy as well.

Edit: "HOLY CRAP, WHAT KIND OF PRESENT IS..." *checks list, it's called
"Male Cynlinder"
*.....okay game, whatever you say.

pariah164

Okay, I am missing some CG scenes. I know you need to have certain items to unlock them, but what items? And where do I use them?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Okay, I am missing some CG scenes. I know you need to have certain items to unlock them, but what items? And where do I use them?
It's basically the 50 coin items in the vending machine. You need to talk to a specific character before the murder happens (but not during Free Time) while you have the item and you'll get some additional dialogue. Don't worry, you can go back & replay the chapter again.

Chapter 1 has two events, Chapter 2 has one near the beginning, & from what I've heard, Chapter 3 has three of them.

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but where's the lottery machine like in the first game? I know where the one that gives you the fixed set of items to choose from, but I somehow missed the randomized one.

pariah164

It's basically the 50 coin items in the vending machine. You need to talk to a specific character before the murder happens (but not during Free Time) while you have the item and you'll get some additional dialogue. Don't worry, you can go back & replay the chapter again.

Chapter 1 has two events, Chapter 2 has one near the beginning, & from what I've heard, Chapter 3 has three of them.
Sigh. Well, at least they can be bought and I don't have to rely on the crapsuck luck I have with the Momo Yachine. Thanks.

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but where's the lottery machine like in the first game? I know where the one that gives you the fixed set of items to choose from, but I somehow missed the randomized one.
The beach.

MSMrRound

Those items being listed as 50 coins in the vending machine. You can obtain them randomly from gatcha, but it's...you know..random.

Chapter 1

talk to Souda as you are heading for the park. He should be around the main path heading towards the hotel exit, just around the cottages. After breakfast or something, look around for Mahiru. She will be requesting for a recipe or something. You can tell her you have it or whatsoever and she will invite you for something

Chapter 2
you know the bathing thing Hiyoko mentioned doing with Mahiru? Just talk to them after breakfast

Chapter 3
Talk to Souda after they visited someone. Talk to him WHILE he is still in the room. This is vital. There should also be a before breakfast thing where you can talk to both Hiyoko and Ibuki to trigger the last two events

tookhster

Pardon me if it's been mentioned before in this thread (I'm at work on break), but how the hell do you do this *chapter 1 spoilers?*
truth sword
minigame? I kinda breezed through the directions because I didn't think it would be complicated but I keep failing over and over again, so I might be missing something here. I never had a problem with any of the minigames from the first game. I feel dumb in this one.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hahahahahahahaha, wow, Chapter 2 has been rather funny, I can't wait for...

"SURPRISE BODY FOUND!"

Ohgodno Ohgodno Ohgodno Ohgodno Please don't let it be..........

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

MSMrRound

I might be missing something here.

First round, swipe away all the white words. Aim is to push your opponent back so that you can "advance" to the next round.

Second round, there should be some weak points coming up now. Use your truth blade (press Triangle) on correct weak point. If it's the wrong weak point, don't use anything nor slash it away. If you land your truth blade on the correct weak point, your opponent's "argument" is cut and you passed the minigame.

Try to make sure you got the correct truth blade equipped if not it's harder to push your opponent back.

tookhster

First round, swipe away all the white words. Aim is to push your opponent back so that you can "advance" to the next round.

Second round, there should be some weak points coming up now. Use your truth blade (press Triangle) on correct weak point. If it's the wrong weak point, don't use anything nor slash it away. If you land your truth blade on the correct weak point, your opponent's "argument" is cut and you passed the minigame.

Try to make sure you got the correct truth blade equipped if not it's harder to push your opponent back.

Got it, thanks. I guess I just didn't understand that there were only two rounds all the time. I was wondering why I could just hack away for the first round while it didn't work for the second.

Zephyx

Hahahahahahahaha, wow, Chapter 2 has been rather funny, I can't wait for...

"SURPRISE BODY FOUND!"

Ohgodno Ohgodno Ohgodno Ohgodno Please don't let it be..........

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

LOL. Ch. 2 spoilers:

I actually thought I was gonna see a sea of red when Mahiru asked me to bring Nagito's food to him. I was celebrating in my mind, but nope.. someone else died.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
LOL. Ch. 2 spoilers:

I actually thought I was gonna see a sea of red when Mahiru asked me to bring Nagito's food to him. I was celebrating in my mind, but nope.. someone else died.
Early Ch. 2 spoilers:
I was expecting the same thing. "Oh man, I'm gonna walk in to see Nagito dead, aren't I?

man i am all about teruteru's english voice

i've read them all before but his lines still get chuckles out of me
Yeah, Todd Haberkorn did a great job. It's even more amusing when I imagine it's Death the Kid from Soul Eater or Ling Yao from FMA Brotherhood saying that stuff.

Isotope

Haven't played too much yet,

K7QCADg.jpg

but I can tell this will be a great game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn it, DR2, I know what you're trying to pull with this Ch. 2 investigation.
You're baiting me to think it's clearly one character, but you're gonna pull the rug 1/2 way into the trial to reveal a twist, aren't you?

ramyeon

Stuck towards the start of Ch2 Trial...

Trying to figure out what the weapon was in the music room. Monokuma said it was an unconventional weapon... didn't Girl E say in the game that she choked the girl to death though? This one has me stumped because the photo of the body clearly has a wound to the head but from what I've tried so far it doesn't seem that the fish tank was used. The only other item is the swimsuit...

Moonlight

Banned
Stuck towards the start of Ch2 Trial...

Trying to figure out what the weapon was in the music room. Monokuma said it was an unconventional weapon... didn't Girl E say in the game that she choked the girl to death though? This one has me stumped because the photo of the body clearly has a wound to the head but from what I've tried so far it doesn't seem that the fish tank was used. The only other item is the swimsuit...
It's the swimsuit. Hit gravel with the bullet.

It'll make sense. Mostly.

ramyeon

It'll make sense. :) I remember getting a few game overs on that swimsuit + gravel thing.
Haha yeah, it makes sense now that they've explained it. Just kind of baffles me how the game expects you to put two and two together with that besides just trial and error lol.

I'm so relieved that I'm not the only one stumped on the early Ch 2 trial question, I had no idea what they wanted from me. That's the first time I've gotten a game over in this series, and it feels kinda cheap.

DaBoss

lol that was one of the ones I figured out somewhat quickly.

Chapter 2 trial the last few posts are talking about:
I knew it had something to do with a swimsuit since Monokuma mentioned it was unconventional and Girl E said she choked her. I thought she used it to choke her, so I couldn't figure out where to shoot the bullet. I then realized I'm probably wrong so I just looked at the options and the only real option that goes with the swimsuit would be the gravel.

todd360

I'm so relieved that I'm not the only one stumped on the early Ch 2 trial question, I had no idea what they wanted from me. That's the first time I've gotten a game over in this series, and it feels kinda cheap.

You mean the gravel in the swimsuit thing? I was so pissed about that. Who could guess that?

Roto13

Especially since when you try to agree with that phrase with the wrong bullet, the game says "What? No, that's stupid. It's not that."

Haha yeah, it makes sense now that they've explained it. Just kind of baffles me how the game expects you to put two and two together with that besides just trial and error lol.

You need to think outside of the box more than the first game. Gotta come up with scenarios on your own. Guess it depends on what kind of thinker you are, because that scenario immediately jumped to mind for me.

yami4ct

Chapter 3:

Oh this is pretty interesting. Some crazy shit going on. Can't wait to see what's coming.....

Chapter 3 Deadly Life:

Oh goddamn you, Dangan Ronpa.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn, now I really want to do the trial for Ch. 2 just to see what part everyone's talking about, but I'm probably gonna stop right before it since I gotta wake up early in the morning.

lol that was one of the ones I figured out somewhat quickly.

Chapter 2 trial the last few posts are talking about:
I knew it had something to do with a swimsuit since Monokuma mentioned it was unconventional and Girl E said she choked her. I thought she used it to choke her, so I couldn't figure out where to shoot the bullet. I then realized I'm probably wrong so I just looked at the options and the only real option that goes with the swimsuit would be the gravel.

I thought it involved the swimsuit, and when Fuyuhiko pointed out that the weapon would be bloody I thought it was something like the swimsuit was used to clean up the blood. Of course that wasn't it and I seriously couldn't think of anything else.

And I got the taped together arrows thing easily in DR1, it's the same premise. ;_;

You mean the gravel in the swimsuit thing? I was so pissed about that. Who could guess that?

Someone either very smart, or flexible in their way of thinking, I guess!

Roto13

Chapter 2 trial:
Proving that Hioko went to the beach house and none of the bullets are "Two of us saw you leaving the beach house in tears you goddamn idiot"

Top Bottom