• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

Christian

My copy is out for delivery! And I have to go to work for eleven hours! Nooooooo!! Oh, well, I started PLvAA while I waited for this to arrive, so I'm not gonna open yet, anyway...

2h45 until the store closes for the day and still no pickup message...I guess that means I'll have to wait until tomorrow to get back on Jabberwock Island :(

Well it's not the end of the world 'cause I have things to occupy myself with but that's a bummer.

Just did the prologue. I like the cast of this game way more than the last game already.

Which is gonna make it suck when they start dying lol

Byakuya
really let himself go

Heh, yea, definitely way more attractive females in this game than the first.

K8tx1TIl.png

I'm going to wait until people have finished the game to get it, I want more opinions on it first.

I just finished the first one and didn't like the ending (everything else was great though), so I'm hoping the second will be better.

bigkrev

Finished chapter 2 last night

Really disappointed with this chapter. The trial was really bad- did anyone actually think it was possible Hiyoko was the killer? The game beats you over the head with her when the simple explanation (she can't dress herself, wasn't covered in blood, and someone moved the body) is made clear to you in the middle of the investigation. The game only really gives you 2 possible candidates (Akane and Peko), and pretty much instantly gives you a reason why Akane wasn't the killer. This is the first time in either DR1 or 2 that I basically had the killer known before the trial even starts, even if getting the motive was a little interesting

Also, now that I actually understand how the mechanics work, I'm liking the new stuff in the trials. They really need better explanations and tutorials, because I'm pretty sure if I understood the mechanics, I would have liked case 1 a lot more than I did.

DaBoss

I think I figured out Case 2, in the investigation phase now.

I'm guessing this has something to do with Fuyuhiko's sister, so replace the characters with the ones in the game and you get an idea of the case. Though Girl D and Girl E are switched in terms of who the victim is.

EDIT:
Well what do you know, just saw the envelope and the pics inside and the note.

Moonlight

Banned
This phase of Chapter 2's trial is really confusing the shit out of me.
I'm supposed to agree on what the 'unconventional' murder weapon is, but I don't have any idea. I thought it had to have something to do with 'bloodstains' (like the ones I swear are visible on the roses in the phase) or, y'know, the big honking metal bat in Girl E's Murder Photo, but the former doesn't work and the latter isn't even an option. :lol

At this point I'm just throwing shit at random shit to see what sticks, but I don't really have the patience for sticking it through. Anyone mind lending a hand?

The chapter is awesome, otherwise. I love how the (in-game) game is relating back to the case and their lost school memories. It's an incredibly intriguing premise, even if I'm a little terrified of who's going to be responsible. I was sad at Mahiru's death, but not like... devastated - I didn't talk to her a whole lot. I think I'd be alright if it were Saionji or Kuzuryu, but I think they're both too obviously responsible to be the actual murderer.

I have this terrifying suspicion that somehow Sonia is the killer since she arrived the latest of everyone for the swim meet and that wetsuit could have been hiding, like, blood spatter, and man, I really wanna be wrong. ._.

EDIT: Akane just feels like Hina's older, deliquent sister. Asahina is way better.

MSMrRound

I'm supposed to agree on what the 'unconventional' murder weapon is, but I don't have any idea.

If I'm not wrong, it should be
Swimsuit->shoot it towards the thing that mentions gravel

bigkrev

I'm supposed to agree on what the 'unconventional' murder weapon is, but I don't have any idea. I thought it had to have something to do with 'bloodstains' (like the ones I swear are visible on the roses in the phase) or, y'know, the big honking metal bat in Girl E's Murder Photo, but the former doesn't work and the latter isn't even an option. :lol

At this point I'm just throwing shit at random shit to see what sticks, but I don't really have the patience for sticking it through. Anyone mind lending a hand?

The chapter is awesome, otherwise. I love how the (in-game) game is relating back to the case and their lost school memories. It's an incredibly intriguing premise, even if I'm a little terrified of who's going to be responsible. I was sad at Mahiru's death, but not like... devastated - I didn't talk to her a whole lot. I think I'd be alright if it were Saionji or Kuzuryu, but I think they're both too obviously responsible to be the actual murderer.

I have this terrifying suspicion that somehow Sonia is the killer since she arrived the latest of everyone for the swim meet and that wetsuit could have been hiding, like, blood spatter, and man, I really wanna be wrong. ._.

EDIT: Akane just feels like Hina's older, deliquent sister. Asahina is way better.

Answer to your question spoiler:
use the swimsuit when Ibuki talks about Gravel

DaBoss

Haha, I'm just at that part in the Ch 2 Trial and was trying to figure out what to shoot. I knew it was the
swimsuit.

Loved the bit that Ibuki says a bit after.

EDIT:
I'm starting to think Peko is the murderer and she is the justice person. Or Sonia has been hiding her athletic abilities.

OMG, I get it, it totally is Sonia with how she just happened to time the beach party when they were planning a meeting. She also is fascinated by serial killers. Oh well, that's a shame.

Animekatt

I finally received my CE this morning. It came with a notice that the outer cases for the coins came to their warehouse damaged, and that they will be shipping out replacement cases to those that have the letter, as they are on the list to receive them. The coin itself is fine.Now to return the CE copy of the game to GS!

Also #teamasahina all the way.

pariah164

Rambling thoughts about the game, as I'm now at Chapter 6. This means, naturally, SPOILERS of the huge variety for the whole game up to Chapter 6 start.

So, I am really, really loving this game. Everything about this game is better than the first (well, almost everything; Logic Dives during trials can go fuck themselves, thank you very much). The characters, for the most part, I liked... However, a couple rubbed me the wrong way; namely, Nagito, Teruteru and Hiyoko, so I felt no sadness when they finally bit the dust.

Speaking of Nagito, what the fuck was his deal? The person he hates the most is Junko, right? Why did he have her hand? Who was he talking to on the boat? That whole chapter 0 thing made no sense and made my head hurt.

Also, what the fuck was that Monokuma bomb thing that went off?

We play as Hajime... Hajime starts to... I guess glitch out, sees dead people, see graphics and pixels fall away, see things off-color... If this all turns out to be some simulation, or Hajime turns out to be some android type bullshit, I'ma flip tables.

Finally... 11037? Chunsoft, you crafty bastards.

That's really all I have right now. Time to play through Chapter 6 and finish this beast.

I agree, Hina is way better than Akana. That said, Ibuki is way way better than both.
Sorry Hina.
TRUTH.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Ch. 1 was pretty intense.

There's some stuff going on here that I'm speculating on but still have no idea about.

Also I only got a B but I'm playing it on hard because it's more fun. It just suffers from that Phoenix Wright kind of logic sometimes, where you know what the correct line of thought is, but the way you have to present it is kinda weird.

Also I kept trying "On the Meat Bone" or some variation rather than "Meat on the Bone", haha.

I just finished Chapter 1 last night and I KEPT MAKING THAT MISTAKE TOO! XD

Also, Fuck Nagito. Srsly.

pariah164

WHAT THE BITCH? (Chapter 6 spoilers)

So even though we're in a game, those who have died are still truly dead. Goddammit.

Also, we're all actually Ultimate Despair?? FUCK YOU JUNKO.

... Makoto is back! THE CHAMP IS HERE.

TP

Just finished chapter 5 trial

what a load of bull
how in the hell did that not count as suicide, Nagito as the killer
I understand it was all to out the traitor and I know Monokuma doesnt always play fair (DGR1) but they played it completely straight unlike the other time.

I'm actually upset that someone else had to die because of that logic

and with all those lines between monomi and Chiaki I was half
expecting to see her tossed into lava and give a thumbs up

kewlmyc

what a load of bull
I understand it was all to out the traitor and I know Monokuma doesnt always play fair (DGR1) but they played it completely straight unlike the other time.

It's bullshit, but he died from poison that someone threw at him. It wouldn't have worked in a real life case, but Monokuma was twisted enough to go with it. Yes, Nagito planned the whole thing out, but still need assistance from someone unwillingly to actually finish him off.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man I feel like I'm lagging behind everyone. Just started trial 2.
I'm only at the daily life part of Chapter 2. Part of me wants to go on a nice, long marathon because I wanna see everything the game has to offer & be able to read spoilers, but I know I should limit myself to lengthen the experience with this game.

...well that, & I've got college to do.

PK Gaming

what a load of bull

Monokuma has always subscribed to an All or Nothing / Black and White mentality in regards to murders. Chiaki threw the poison bottle that resulted in his death, which ultimately makes her his killer.

Yeah, it's infuriating and depressing :(

Ibuki

Banned
I just played for about an hour this morning. I'm in the prologue but damn I'm loving it. Now if only I can manage to jump into this right when I get off instead of Sims 4.

TP

Yeah I get it now. Person who killed even if unintentionally and unaware gets the axe. The game was never fair.

now a little less upset

Still bummed someone else had to die
Was hoping they would all make it =(

Vamphuntr

Haven't got much time to play these days but made it to chapter 2. The trials are more interesting so far but I'm not liking the minigames this time around. It seems they've made them annoying on purpose. The one where you slash word is terribly irritating.

They also increased the creepy pervert stuff up a notch in this one, unfortunately.

Top Bottom