• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

bobawesome

Er found a typo. Not a big deal but common man. Seriously?

I've found soooooooo many typos. I don't remember any in the first game but I've ran into at least 5 or 6 and I'm only halfway through chapter 2. As you said it's not really a big deal because there's a massive amount of text to deal with but...I can't help but be bothered by it all the same.
I'm a terrible person.

Steel

Banned
Mid Chapter 3 spoilers:

Holy shit, Akane has actually surpassed Hiro in terms of stupidity. At least Hiro's stupidity didn't lead to someone getting shot by a bazooka. NEKOMARU!!!

Alfredo

Finished Chapter 2. Wasn't really a big fan, but at least
the serial killer thing was a ruse. I was totally with Monokuma at the "Zzzz" part.

Also, what's with the crappy framerate during certain trial mini games? This is the freakin Vita and all it is is 2D images. A rhythm-based mini game with drops in framerate is torture on my eyes, and when it slows down during Rebuttal Showdowns, it feels like it takes forever to cut through words.

Still in the prologue for me, because I had to recharge my Vita, but I already hatched a Kusomi (Shitimi here) and I'm level 15 =D
Next one to hatch, a Hebimi (the snake one) because I don't need presents for that one.

I forgot how much time I spent in the PSP version doing Pet raising, I don't know why it's so addictive :x

LProtag

Can't wait to go home and play this weekend. I'm at the beginning of chapter 3 and I feel like I'll finally have some time to make some huge progress.

Really interested to see what's going on. Since I accidentally had some stuff spoiled for me I have a few ideas but I'm still not certain on a lot of the details.

Puru

Chapter 2 finished and the character i was doing social link with died followed by the next i had in my list. Feels bad.

nikos

So I was on the subway, on my way to work, when I looked over and saw this girl playing Danganronpa 2. Even crazier is she was at the same exact part as me. What are the odds, especially with such a niche game?

Was waiting for this guy to get up, so I could sit next to her (no Teruteru) but he never did, then I had to transfer. The despair...

Just bought it yesterday night in the game.es webpage.
Looked it for it in physical stores, some said they would never get the game, horrible distribution already.

Hoping it arrives tomorrow morning.

bigkrev

Just bought it yesterday night in the game.es webpage.
Looked it for it in physical stores, some said they would never get the game, horrible distribution already.

Hoping it arrives tomorrow morning.

This is a ultimate niche game. If I were running a store, I probably wouldn't order more than one copy of this game, even knowing how great it is, because most people just aren't going to buy it.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS GAME!?!!?

Whoever the fuck designed Hangman's Gambit in such a way that one of the necessary letters literally never appeared needs to be shot. This is seriously pissing me off.

Volcynika

This is a ultimate niche game. If I were running a store, I probably wouldn't order more than one copy of this game, even knowing how great it is, because most people just aren't going to buy it.

Yeah, seriously. The stores order the amount they want, and if it's a super niche game, they're not going to order much at all, if any. Not the fault of the distribution end at all.

I'd LIKE to get through this game, but holy shit I've had to try this thing four times now, each agonizingly long, and each time showing the missing pair of letters once, if that. What's stupid is every review online is talking about how it is SO MUCH BETTER.

LiK

I'd LIKE to get through this game, but holy shit I've had to try this thing four times now, each agonizingly long, and each time showing the missing pair of letters once, if that. What's stupid is every review online is talking about how it is SO MUCH BETTER.

Hold O to fast forward the letters.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, even on Gentle/Easy, it's so annoying. Even when you speed it up, it can take some time. & don't even get me started on doing those without taking damage.

& it seems the reception to the mini-game is the complete & utter opposite on here. I get they wanted to make it feel more "involved", but it fails miserably, especially when the letter you need doesn't show up for a long time.

bigkrev

Yeah, even on Gentle/Easy, it's so annoying. Even when you speed it up, it can take some time. & don't even get me started on doing those without taking damage.

& it seems the reception to the mini-game is the complete & utter opposite on here. I get they wanted to make it feel more "involved", but it fails miserably, especially when the letter you need doesn't show up for a long time.

I like Logic Dive, but feel every other minigame is worse than what was present in DR1. Just complicated for the sake of being complicated

I don't understand the rhythm game at all.
(playing on medium logic and easy action)
The others aren't so bad, though hangman's gambit is really sloooow.

Anyone got some links to good Monokuma PC wallpapers? Google image search is too scary for me.

Chiaki relationship spoilers
Maxed out my relationship with her. I was awarded her...panties...? Really? REALLY???? I said WHAT THE FUCK out loud when I saw that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I need to try Logic Dive since it wasn't part of the first trial (that's not really a spoiler, is it?), but yes, it does seem like they tried to make the mini-games more complicated to feel as though there's more "gameplay" to them this time around. Granted, I didn't mind most of them (save for my hatred for "Improved" Hangman's Gambit), but hopefully with DR3, they'll find a better balance.

I don't understand the rhythm game at all.
(playing on medium logic and easy action)

Maxed out my relationship with her. I was awarded her...panties...? Really? REALLY???? I said WHAT THE FUCK out loud when I saw that.
Basically, instead of tapping X to the beat, what you need to do is HOLD X, then release it at the next beat. So 1-2-3-4 would be hold-release-hold-release instead of tap-tap-tap-tap.

& as for the spoiler,
I guess that's where they got the idea for the max relationship presents in DR1's School Mode

bigkrev

Maxing out anyone gets you their underwear. Pretty sure this was also true in the first game

Maxing out anyone gets you their underwear. Pretty sure this was also true in the first game
More relationship spoilers
Ohh okay. I didn't play the original game, just read the let's-play. Kinda glossed over the rewards for the relationship parts.

Basically, instead of tapping X to the beat, what you need to do is HOLD X, then release it at the next beat. So 1-2-3-4 would be hold-release-hold-release instead of tap-tap-tap-tap.

Yeah I figured that part out after a bit of fumbling around. Still totally blew eggs at it.

By the time I got to the "comic panel" I had so little health I lost the trial after two mistakes. Thank goodness continuing started me back at panel and at full-health.

That probably affected my trophy count, but I really couldn't care less about those.

Lusankya

I need to try Logic Dive since it wasn't part of the first trial (that's not really a spoiler, is it?), but yes, it does seem like they tried to make the mini-games more complicated to feel as though there's more "gameplay" to them this time around. Granted, I didn't mind most of them (save for my hatred for "Improved" Hangman's Gambit), but hopefully with DR3, they'll find a better balance.

You do not need to release X every other beat. E.g. on 1-2-3-4 you can just do hold-keep holding-keep holding-release and you will shoot several statements at once.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I need the soundtrack to this game. What is the best (legal) way to get it. I don't have LE :(
Sadly, the LE only has 11 tracks. What you'll probably want to get is the "Super Danganronpa 2 Original Soundtrack", which is 3 discs of all the music. I tried searching around & it seems Amazon might be a good place to get it.

You do not need to release X every other beat. E.g. on 1-2-3-4 you can just do hold-keep holding-keep holding-release and you will shoot several statements at once.
Huh, wasn't aware of that. I'll have to try that next time.

Edit: So I got to the part of the trial that people were talking about yesterday that was confusing people.......yeah, I gotta agree that was a rather weird connection. I mean, it clicked after I checked to see what the answer was, but still. I kept thinking
it was the fish tank since the glass was broken.

People would buy it more here if at least was translated, I can assure you that. Nisa could let a better european company (like Koch Media for example) to do all this.
Anime type games can do very well in countries like France and Spain becuase of their big anime culture.
I worked on a videogame store, I know the demand of this type of games when they come translated. It was sad seeing people coming for P3 or P4 when I was working and just asking "is it really only in english?". The usual response when I said yes was them saying they would not buy it for that price if it didnt came translated (and this games never go for sale) or they will never buy it full stop because they sadly couldnt understand such a text heavy game completly in english.

This two companies are doing a huge disservice to europe and they are losing money becuase they still do not know how europe works.

Ibuki

Banned
I thought this thread was supposed to not have spoilers, yet as soon as I come in today I read one. Despair at its finest.

LiK

I thought this thread was supposed to not have spoilers, yet as soon as I come in today I read one. Despair at its finest.

Story or gameplay related? I haven't seen anything major and I'm fearful of spoilers. It's been pretty good here.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well Logic Dive was......interesting. At least it's tolerable.

Edit: Did the game just freakin' reference
Bonanza Bros.
of all things?

Part 2 of the Ch. 2 trial: Oh WTF
I could've sworn I tried the Surfboard case, but I guess I chose an object 1mm off & it didn't count

Ibuki

Banned
Story or gameplay related? I haven't seen anything major and I'm fearful of spoilers. It's been pretty good here.

Its not major but just above someone was discussing hangmans gambit and didnt tag what they thought the answer was. It could be wrong but its unlikely.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
:( Oh no, my fears are coming true as to who the killer was in Ch. 2.....

More Ch. 2 trial, part 2 spoilers:
HOLY CRAP, Fuyuhiko, shut the hell up! Why are you being so argumentative despite not being the killer?

Yet even more Ch.2 trial, part 2 spoilers:
UH WUT PEKO SNAPPED?! Though it kind of feels deja vu, considering she reminds me of Tomo from DR1, mainly her look & hair style

CrazyDude

Ch4 help

What does the upside down 4 symbol mean on the floor? I know that NEWS means north east west south, but I having trouble figuring what that symbol on the floor represents.

Zalman

Just started it today. Finished the prologue. It's a little slow in the beginning, but it's finally starting to pick up.

The character designs in the Danganronpa series are such a mixed bag. Some of them are great, others are just weird.

I wonder how Byakuya got so fat, lol.

Gazoinks

Ch 4

The game just brought up the parallels between the murder cases here and in the first game, which means there's probably more to it than just references. Intriguing. But why would Mechamaru kill himself?

Also, I have to wonder if Nagito was lying. I'm not sure Hajime is really some random scrub.

LiK

Well Logic Dive was......interesting. At least it's tolerable.

Edit: Did the game just freakin' reference
Bonanza Bros.
of all things?

Part 2 of the Ch. 2 trial: Oh WTF
I could've sworn I tried the Surfboard case, but I guess I chose an object 1mm off & it didn't count

Logic Dive is the only new mini game I like. At least the music is good and gameplay is tolerable.

OceanBlue

Ch4 help

What does the upside down 4 symbol mean on the floor? I know that NEWS means north east west south, but I having trouble figuring what that symbol on the floor represents.

Answer:
It's a compass. The arrow points north.

Lol, it took me forever to figure out what NEWS meant.

Gazoinks

Answer:
It's a compass. The arrow points north.

Lol, it took me forever to figure out what NEWS meant.

Haha, this one took me a while too.
Though if you talk to Monomi a couple of times Nagito tells her the solution to the step you're on.

I wouldn't normally call this a system seller, but after playing the PSP fan translation I dropped 150 to get a vita just to play this game. Hopefully it'll be worth the money.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My god, this trial....I so hope they didn't put all their best stuff at the beginning, because this is just insane. I feel like I'm playing stuff that should belong near the end.

Top Bottom