• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

Holy shit the mini games in this are terrible.

I can't believe they somehow made them worse than the first games.

The ones in the first game were simple enough not to be intrusive. Now they are a pain in the ass and ruin the pacing of trials. Who played the first game and thought, what this game needs is more convoluted and frustrating trial mini-games?

I made the right decision to double dip, as it's Friday, and my LE isn't even in Canada yet.

A weekend of (good) despair awaits. :O

Labrys

I'm honestly not finding the games as annoying or hard as most people are. Gambit is more of a strategy/timing thing, and if you keep making the letter bigger you can increase your score, which is what I did. and while the PTA doesn't make sense at first, after a few moments I got it. The only thing that threw me off was the swords, because I forgot Triangle was used to use the truth sword, so I was stuck on the first one for a few good moments before i realized.

carlsojo

Ugh I want to buy this but I'm still busy with Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright. :/ (And Diablo and Sims and Destiny coming out next week............................................)

Hangman's Gambit is the only minigame I object to in particular. It went from being pretty much totally mindless in the first to a several minute affair here. I've never really particularly enjoyed any of the minigames, but it's the only one I'd consider to be less than harmless.

Nyoro SF

Did you eventually figure it out?

Yes. But I think it used an
unintuitive phrasing. It sounds awkward in English as a conclusive answer for the skewer's location.
I would say it's a mistake from the localization team
but I'd probably get eviscerated for saying so
. The translation is extremely fantastic otherwise and I like the minigames.

bigkrev

Are there any guides for this game on the internet, even in Japanese?

Just want one to reference when I get frustrated in the trials.

Finally got to the first death.
RIP chunky Byakuya
and man, I don't like the investigation music :(

The music from the first game went hard as fuck.

Going to make a prediction for the hell of it even though it's probably completely wrong.
I think Byakuya expected something to happen which is why he had the night vision goggles. Someone else, the killer, intentionally overloaded the switch board and that the AC turning on at 11:30 triggered the blackout. They probably set out up so that they were near the table when the lights went out. After retrieving it they were sitting in the dark with a glowing object which if Byakuya saw would easily identify and approached. I'm not sure what his intentions would have been but the killer must have jumped at the opportunity and stabbed the shit out of him.

Probably early because I haven't finished the investigation. I'll see how well I guessed once I finish the case.

Mazre

Chapter 2 Complete

Amazing finale to this chapter.

Chapter 2 Spoilers
Fuyuhiko's decision and denouement as Peko is being drug off to her execution were very touching. The execution was really powerful in itself as well. Had to brute force the bathing suit part of the trial, just absolutely wasn't seeing what they were going for there. Was wondering about the 3-person discovery rule from the moment the discovery announcement was made, was very happy to see that play out in the trial.

Rampant speculation for the amusement of others, any questions are purely rhetorical not looking for answers:
Ruins seem most likely to be the setting for DR1, but that makes it a little strange that Monokuma/Monomi can't access them. Monokuma's comments about Nagito "being like him" were interesting. Is Monokuma someone from DR1? Is Monomi? Does 'him' refer to Makoto? 1st case in both games involved planned murders gone awry, 2nd cases both involved copying elements of known serial killers for deception, can't help thinking these may be more than just slight nods to the first game.

DESPAIR HO!

Isotope

Quick question about the trials:

How difficult does "Mean" make them? Logic adds more choices, which is "Perfect if you're good at solving mysteries" And "Mean" Action Difficulty is "For those who are good at solving mysteries". Aren't those basically the same? :V

Basically, how much more difficult does making the difficult for Logic higher, and what does changing the difficulty of Action do?

Steel

Banned
Quick question about the trials:

How difficult does "Mean" make them? Logic adds more choices, which is "Perfect if you're good at solving mysteries" And "Mean" Action Difficulty is "For those who are good at solving mysteries". Aren't those basically the same? :V

Basically, how much more difficult does making the difficult for Logic higher, and what does changing the difficulty of Action do?

For the sake of simplicity, I'll only speak to how it applies to the nonstop debate:
Logic difficulty basically makes more weakpoints in other peoples arguements and gives you a larger pool of truth bullets(meaning it's harder to discern which is the right one). Action difficulty adds a lot more white noise to the equation, so it's harder to actually shoot the correct statement if you find it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmm, maybe I should up Action from Kind to Mean to get more white noise for the trophy for destroying 500 of them (only just got the 100 destroyed one near the start of Ch. 3's trial).

Gazoinks

Ch 4
zoMOTR0.png

Oh god no why. Gundham was my favorite. He wasn't even a bad guy, he sacrificed himself and his last action was to save his hamsters. It didn't help that I just finished his card, either. Saddest yet. ;_;

This trial was pretty tricky. I came into it with very little put together, and there were some cool twists along the way. I guessed a bit of the true nature of the building, but the way it was put together was pretty neat. I had no idea it was Gundham right up to the end.

In other news: Nagito gets shadier and shadier. What is that guy up to?

Labrys

Ass up in the air, squealing "OH THIS IS SO EMBARRASSING" while making absolutely no effort to cover herself up like she's Janet Jackson at the Superbowl. I want to curb stomp her.

It's uh it's explained a bit why stuff like that happens in her freetime events, but yes, her character was pretty much exploited for fanservice moments.

pariah164

Ass up in the air, squealing "OH THIS IS SO EMBARRASSING" while making absolutely no effort to cover herself up like she's Janet Jackson at the Superbowl. I want to curb stomp her.
Oh God, I snorted my tea. That was fucking hilarious.

Ch 4

Oh god no why. Gundham was my favorite. He wasn't even a bad guy, he sacrificed himself and his last action was to save his hamsters. It didn't help that I just finished his card, either. Saddest yet. ;_;

In other news: Nagito gets shadier and shadier. What is that guy up to?
Yeah, I thought it was Akane since she was the one going nuts the most without food. The fact is was Gundham made me so upset. ;A; Good night, sweet prince. And Nagito, yep. Shady as fuuuuck.

I haven't kept up with this thread in the fear of spoilers, so idk if anyone has come across this bug yet. I'll leave this here as a PSA:

This happened in chapter 4. I hadn't saved for a while too, I fell through the floor to an unreachable area... Could not fast travel either because there was an event going on... Just as a warning I'll put the location of it in spoiler tags, and leave this warning if you donut want to look at it, in that chapter, save often.
The bug happened in the Strawberry House 2F right after you first wake up from the sleeping gas, in between the two giant tea cup things by the wall there. I fell through the floor, inside the Final Dead Room, which is inaccessible. You won't be able to move from there, or fast travel. You will have to load your previous save...

pariah164

I haven't kept up with this thread in the fear of spoilers, so idk if anyone has come across this bug yet. I'll leave this here as a PSA:

This happened in chapter 4. I hadn't saved for a while too, I fell through the floor to an unreachable area... Could not fast travel either because there was an event going on... Just as a warning I'll put the location of it in spoiler tags, and leave this warning if you donut want to look at it, in that chapter, save often.
The bug happened in the Strawberry House 2F right after you first wake up from the sleeping gas, in between the two giant tea cup things by the wall there. I fell through the floor, inside the Final Dead Room, which is inaccessible. You won't be able to move from there, or fast travel. You will have to load your previous save...
I had a similar glitch in that same area.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Alright, I'm stumped. I'm on the final(?) part of the trial of Ch. 3. I think I'd prefer a hint since I'm so close to the end.

I'm trying to prove that Mikan was the one who made the video. I figured "well, maybe the shoes since they wouldn't have blood on them" but I can't figure it out. Something with the camera angle?

Vylash

Alright, I'm stumped. I'm on the final(?) part of the trial of Ch. 3. I think I'd prefer a hint since I'm so close to the end.

I'm trying to prove that Mikan was the one who made the video. I figured "well, maybe the shoes since they wouldn't have blood on them" but I can't figure it out. Something with the camera angle?

memorize killer's mistake and fire it at camera angle

todd360

Use the thing ultimate gamer says on camera angle.

pariah164

Only highlight if you want the answer.

Think, what would only someone who watched the video know about?

Memorize killer's mistake, shoot camera angle.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
memorize killer's mistake and fire it at camera angle

Use the thing ultimate gamer says on camera angle.
Aaahhhh, okay.
I completely forget about the fact you can memorize statements, since it seems to barely come into play unless it's early on.

Edit: OH WTF, PTA.
"Bonus Theater Prize" doesn't count? UGH, I'm guessing it's "Theater Bonus Prize"....But I gotta reload my save & try again...

Top Bottom