• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

Gazoinks

Ch 5

So I currently think either Sonia or Kazuichi are the traitor. Kazuichi because the dude's been getting more and more pathetic, and I feel like he's going to strike back at some point. Sonia's just vaguely shady in general, and she's really heavily stressing her belief that there's no traitor.

OceanBlue

The minigames keep getting worse. I actually lost half my health on the hangman's gambit and I knew the answer since the beginning. The board starts to fill up and the letters you want takes forever to come up. The skateboarding minigame is also pretty dreadful. Who thought it was a good idea to add these to the games?

Yeah, the only minigame I like (in both games) is Nonstop Discussion. The comic one is okay. The others just drag on. Luckily I bought the skill that heals your Influence Gauge whenever you concentrate, because I could never stop random letters from running into each other.

There's also Island Mode, which is similar to DR1's School Mode

How much extra content does this have? I've finished most of the conversations for the characters I care about. Well, I might do the other character's conversations anyway, since I like most of them.

Danj

So I would've had this yesterday, but Amazon Logistics failed the delivery, so they're going to try again today.

LiK

just finished it. HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIT

Amazig. The English dub floored me. So amazing! Oh man, now I can check out Zero.

Gazoinks

Ch 5

As it turns out, Nagito is insane. I wonder where this is going. He doesn't seem like the type to bluff, but the implication from Monomi is that the traitor doesn't remember who they are. Maybe it's Hajime!

Devo

Just finished Danganronpa 1 and WOW... can't wait to start this one! Although I think before that I'm gonna go through School Mode.

Steel

Banned
Random
Gundham
Social link musing:

You know, if his hamsters only live for 3 years, shouldn't they all be dead by the time Gundham has his memory wiped? Or at the very least, shouldn't they be obviously older, especially from the perspective of Gundham?

MSMrRound

Is there a trophy guide out there? Can't find an English one...

Not really...I think? Closest I find was this: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/...2-reload-reload-walkthrough-other-guides.html

Main thing you have to slog through is probably Island Mode, as well as that Monomi mini-game.

Feel free to PM/DM if you have questions though.
Bwnw1ClCIAA5Sq4.jpg:large

I already got my plat, so I should be able to help.

MSMrRound

Ugh fuck the Monomi mini-game. Cannot beat the Final Wave of the first stage.

It's actually unlocked right after the first trial...so I don't think it's really a spoiler?

Anyway, what you need if you are in a pinch, is to
get your magical power up to 100 (you can increase it via completing magic circles) and then transform to Usami. In this form, you are invulnerable, so concentrate on drawing those circles to kill the boss

pariah164

It's actually unlocked right after the first trial...so I don't think it's really a spoiler?

Anyway, what you need if you are in a pinch, is to
get your magical power up to 100 (you can increase it via completing magic circles) and then transform to Usami. In this form, you are invulnerable, so concentrate on drawing those circles to kill the boss
How do you transform?

MSMrRound

How do you transform?

Press R when your gauge is at 100%. Don't get hit during the time it takes you to transform. Once transformed, your gauge will quickly deplete, so make the best use of it. You can stay transformed for a longer time if you got better equipment on later on

Acid08

Banned
Chapter 1

That trial was longer and crazier than most of what happened in DR1, if this is just the beginning then holy shit the rest will be incredible

Not sure how I feel about the trial mechanics changes. Seems like they really went for the more gameplay=better gameplay approach. At least the comic sections are absolutely better.

Major thing: final argument is waaaaay more accommodating than it was in the original. Less options, hints, descriptions... I still don't like it, but a huge improvement. I would put so much time and thought into the original final arguments and still be utterly lost but this one I can actually get by decently.

I was busy the past few days, and when I had spare time I used it to finish Layton Vs wright. Starting today, the dangantrain has no brakes.

Beat case 2 earlier tonight and loved it. Characters are getting development, main plot is going incredibly fast compared to the original, just awesome, awesome stuff.

But that's not why I posted.

I posted because I'm just beginning the chapter 3 investigation.

Fucking christ, no. Not like this. Not like this :(

Edit: you know, it took me until halfway through the sequel, but for the first time, I hate monokuma. I guess that's the natural consequence of me liking just about every character this time around.

Moonlight

Banned
It's 4:00 AM and I've finally reached the end of Chapter 4's trial.

Love how Nagito and Hajime are basically dueling for main character status. Could hardly believe it when Nagito tried to do the Closing Argument, complete with the music. :lol

Gonna wrap up this chapter and hit the sack.
Sad that Gundham turned out to be the killer. Was really pulling for Kazuichi. :(

EDIT:
Gundham, you beautiful man. ;_;7

Shahadan

Hiyoko is such a fucking ugly little turd shit. I want to punch my Vita everytime she's saying something.
The worst thing about it is the others never react to any shitty behavior she has. It's like Byakuya in DR1, anyone who's not in a shitty anime setting would have punched them before the end of the prologue and they would probably be the first victim.

But no, in DR you can have someone be the biggest jerk in the universe and the other characters just accept it "haha that's our Byakuya/Hiyoko!". Fucking annoying.
Same with the yakuza guy.

I really can't stand this shit. You know I like the concept of Dangan Ronpa, I love the artstyle, music, story and stuff, but the awful minigames and the paper-thin characters are seriously driving me insane once again.
Not to mention the terrible fan service and the times when characters conveniently forget obvious things until it's relevant to the trial.

Finished the game yesterday with a maraton, just posted my thoughts in the spoiler thread. Be careful though, it is completely unmarked and filled with spoilers.

kewlmyc

It's 4:00 AM and I've finally reached the end of Chapter 4's trial.

Love how Nagito and Hajime are basically dueling for main character status. Could hardly believe it when Nagito tried to do the Closing Argument, complete with the music. :lol

Gonna wrap up this chapter and hit the sack.
Sad that Gundham turned out to be the killer. Was really pulling for Kazuichi. :(

EDIT:
Gundham, you beautiful man. ;_;7

His sacrifice won't be in vain. Oh who am I kidding, of course it will.

ramyeon

Hiyoko is such a fucking ugly little turd shit. I want to punch my Vita everytime she's saying something.
The worst thing about it is the others never react to any shitty behavior she has. It's like Byakuya in DR1, anyone who's not in a shitty anime setting would have punched them before the end of the prologue and they would probably be the first victim.

But no, in DR you can have someone be the biggest jerk in the universe and the other characters just accept it "haha that's our Byakuya/Hiyoko!". Fucking annoying.
Same with the yakuza guy.

I really can't stand this shit. You know I like the concept of Dangan Ronpa, I love the artstyle, music, story and stuff, but the awful minigames and the paper-thin characters are seriously driving me insane once again.
Not to mention the terrible fan service and the times when characters conveniently forget obvious things until it's relevant to the trial.
The characters are the best part of the game.

Up to Chapter 3 Spoilers:
Still haven't warmed up to Hiyoko but "the Yakuza guy" is having a really good character arc imo. His behaviour at the start of the game is kind of understandable considering his character and actually adds to his personality.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Been avoiding this thread entirely so far, but I need to know where I can exchange the Hope Thingies for Skills. The Rebuttal minigame is annoying the absolute crap out of me, so I hope there's a skill that makes it somewhat less horrible.

OceanBlue

Been avoiding this thread entirely so far, but I need to know where I can exchange the Hope Thingies for Skills. The Rebuttal minigame is annoying the absolute crap out of me, so I hope there's a skill that makes it somewhat less horrible.

Go to the Report Card and select Momomi. She's under Hajime.

E-Handbook->Report Cards->Usami icon

Meia

Chapter Three:

Get just past the break in the trial before realizing that with Ibuki's time of death called into question, and the fact that the video conference started BEFORE the time it was supposed to on purpose so Hajime could witness it, knowing that the only other person that knew Hajime was there was...

...god dammit Mikan. That feel when your favorite character turns out to be a murderer.

None of the abilities you can buy make the rebuttal thing less annoying. The only advice I can give is make sure your cuts cut more than one statement if they can, figure out what evidence you need to prepare for in advance, and get ready to hit triangle and cut the contradiction as fast as you can. :(

None of the abilities you can buy make the rebuttal thing less annoying. The only advice I can give is make sure your cuts cut more than one statement if they can, figure out what evidence you need to prepare for in advance, and get ready to hit triangle and cut the contradiction as fast as you can. :(

Isn't there
two skills that give you more strikes/make your strike stronger
?

Meia

Isn't there
two skills that give you more strikes/make your strike stronger
?

One gives you
a whopping two more strikes, which after trial 3 I really can't imagine being all that useful for the amount of points you have to spend for it. The other is 5 extra strikes, which is probably more useful and a lot more SP. The other skill just makes you more influential so you don't need to destroy as many statements, which may be the best of the three when you think about it.

LProtag

I'm not sure if this is spoilery, but it has to do with hanging out with a certain character so let me post it in spoilers, because I have a question.

I've hung out with Nagito twice now and gave him stuff he really likes, but I haven't gotten any scenes with him. Should I stop or does it just take longer with him?

kewlmyc

Chapter 4 spoiler question
So I figured out the chapter 4 dead end room puzzle but had to use a 9 instead of a 6. Where do they indicate that the 6 is a 9 instead of a 6, that's what I don't understand.

Hydra

Neo Member
I'm not sure if this is spoilery, but it has to do with hanging out with a certain character so let me post it in spoilers, because I have a question.

You need to get him up at least one level before the first trial, otherwise it will be impossible to increase it after that I think. You could replay the first chapter I guess just to get that first shard with him, but otherwise I think you should stop wasting time on him.

CrazyDude

So I figured out the chapter 4 dead end room puzzle but had to use a 9 instead of a 6. Where do they indicate that the 6 is a 9 instead of a 6, that's what I don't understand.

The line above the 6 indicates that it's a 9.

TP

The line above the "six", it's a marking put underneath a nine in situations where the number could be seen upside down. Sometimes a line or a dot.

LProtag

Hm, so if I were to beat a chapter, could I go back and play through the free time portion of a previous chapter, stop when that's done, and then resume from where I am with the next chapter?

Kind of a pain in the ass, but is it possible?

Top Bottom