• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
For those who finished the game (regarding collecting stuff), question:

How do I get the hidden scenes?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I'm so stuck at the beginning of the Case 2 trial.

They're trying to figure out what the murder weapon was that Girl E used, and for the life of me I can't see the connection between the statements and the truth bullets I have. orz

pariah164

For those who finished the game (regarding collecting stuff), question:

How do I get the hidden scenes?
Answered here!

They're trying to figure out what the murder weapon was that Girl E used, and for the life of me I can't see the connection between the statements and the truth bullets I have. orz
Swimsuit and gravel.

Moonlight

Banned

It's bathing suit on gravel. :lol

It's stumped almost everyone in this thread.

ramyeon

Haha I had to ask the answer to that in here yesterday too. You're definitely not alone.

Steel

Banned
I... Wut. Huh? What the hell is going on?
End of Chapter 3
Why the fuck is Nekomaru a robot?!?!?? Also, the way the trial went wasn't surprising. The moment that the despair disease came up and the fact that it could spread was mentioned, I knew the person who would be the next killer would be the one taking care of them. It was inevitable that Mikan would catch it and murder someone. Was surprised that it turned out to be a double murder, and I honestly thought that(especially considering the movie that was imititating does this) Mikan would've ordered Ibuki to kill herself. In either case, my jaw is still on the floor over Nekomaru being a robot.

Tha fuq?

It's bathing suit on gravel. :lol

It's stumped almost everyone in this thread.

Yeah...
I figured it had something to with the swimsuit to keep the killer from getting blood on her. Tried it on everything one by one till all I was left with was the gravel.

Alfredo

Just beat Chapter 3.

Pretty disappointed that Mikan doesn't seem to have any good reason to kill the people she did. I was thinking it was gonna turn out that she accidentally told Ibuki to kill herself, what with Ibuki being in her super gullible state, and I dunno, Hiyoko caught her trying to cover it up and she ended up killing her too in a panic.. I was surprised Ibuki's disease wasn't a factor at all, really.

Also, when Mikan gets all happy about feeling despair, and Nagito calling her "Ultimate Despair," and how it doesn't actually show her dying in her "execution"... she's probably gonna come back as Junko or something, huh? :p

I also thought Fuyuhiko was going to die, too, because he has such little voiced dialogue that isn't, "Damn right!" once his turn to becoming more cooperative. I figured maybe they didn't bother recording anymore lines because he was gonna be short lived anyway. Whoops.

Nekomaru as a robot, huh... Kinda disappointed by the robot design. I liked the look of old Nekomaru better.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
..........................................welp, Chapter 3 wins most
lackluster
execution in the series.

.........& it's gotten even WEIRDER with
freakin' Robo-Nekomaru

Stuck on the first rebuttal showdown in the 4th trial.
I judging my what's being said I'd assume using the Chain when she says everything was moved would work but it didn't saying the doorknob didn't work either. Also just got spoiled for the end on that last page...

Ahzrei

Banned
I just finished the first game.

Oh man, I need this game in my veins. Soon, very soon. But I have to recover from the first game first. Man, what a ride!

Kyoko is best waifu.

mothball

Stuck on the first rebuttal showdown in the 4th trial.
I judging my what's being said I'd assume using the Chain when she says everything was moved would work but it didn't saying the doorknob didn't work either. Also just got spoiled for the end on that last page...

The oil.

Steel

Banned
Early Chapter 4 Spoilers:
Nagito: "*sigh* If Byakua were still alive, we would've been able to learn the details of this... How Unfortunate" Well, that wouldn't be a problem if... You didn't fucking try to kill him!

Guys, I need help from those that finished the game.

Chapter 6 (Almost at the end of the Trial)

I'm stuck in a loop, will I need to frigging do everything again?

bigkrev

Finished Chapter 4

Easily the hardest chapter so far- I set it to gentle, and still had to use 5 continues, because there were several parts where I had NO CLUE what I was doing and just used the process of elimination on the non-stop debates. Took forever and a bunch of continues, but I persevered.
Had Nagito not mentioned Sakura's Suicide, I'd have guessed that from the crime scene that it was a suicide. Also, i'm sorry, I know this game is anime and all, but it's incredibly hard for me to take a dude who sounds crazy the entire movie is able to preform an elaborate ruse using a fucking HAMSTER????? Just really comes across as dumb to me.

Isotope

(I feel super late)

Just finished Chapter 1.

This is only the first chapter? Holy shit, this fucking game is bonkers.

Nagito, the fuck is up with you man. 2crazy4me.

yami4ct

Chapter 4 Pre-Trial

Man, this is one of the more confusing mysteries they've set forth. I know all the pieces are there, yet I cannot for the life of me begin to put them together.

So the secret Nagito learned from the Octagon was something about the layout of the building. That would mean someone would be able to kill another and the entire group would misinterpret due to a misunderstanding of the location. Seems like a pretty good Ultimate Weapon. Cannot for the life of me figure out how this all works, though. Both towers somehow occupy the exact same space? I have no clue how that could be. Probably overlooking something easy.
Well, we shall see how this goes. Easily my favorite case yet.

EDIT:

Right before the big reveal but I think I just got it

Middle room is actually an elevator and Strawberry Tower and Grape Tower and two floors of the same building.

So I'm getting into chapter 3 and..

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK

Cottage spoilers
Love that Chiaki owns a white Saturn.

ramyeon

Been posted a few times, but here: http://danganronpa2084.wiki.fc2.com/wiki/プレゼント (just don't go highlighting the presents near the end)

I'm an idiot and forgot to add it in, fixed that.
Cheers! And yeah I realise it was probably posted before but I'm a bit weary about digging through the thread for it for obvious reasons. Anyway, thanks again!

I notice none of the best items to give Sonia are available at the vending machine (Guess she's got high taste!) are these only obtainable in that Monomi mini game?

Moonlight

Banned
Cheers! And yeah I realise it was probably posted before but I'm a bit weary about digging through the thread for it for obvious reasons. Anyway, thanks again!

I notice none of the best items to give Sonia are available at the vending machine (Guess she's got high taste!) are these only obtainable in that Monomi mini game?
There's a Monomono machine on the beach, so take your chances there.

yami4ct

Chapter 4 Mid-Trial:

Man, that's actually pretty brilliant. Good on you, Danganronpa. Tricky enough that it's not immediately apparent, yet elegant enough to make a ton of sense.

Moonlight

Banned
So, question for people further into the game than I am. Also, Chapter 4 spoilers, I guess.

I've got three hope fragments left before I complete Chiaki's report card. Will I be able to finish it before there's no more Free Time blocks in the game or should I give up on it?

Labrys

This freaking game.

More chapter 3 minor spoilers

I SQUEEZED OUT THE BABY BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHO THE FATHER IS
Context? What's that?

Ahhh so that's how they decided to translate the song name. It doesn't mean anything, just something random Ibuki came up with.

bigkrev

I don't think this is a spoiler (It's a Monokuma Theater scene), but i'll spoil it anyway. Don't remember what chapter it was, but it should be safe anyway

So I actually put the morse code it spits out in the "Morse Code Edtion of Monokuma Theater" and it just came back as jibberish. Does it mean something in japanese?

Moonlight

Banned
I don't think this is a spoiler (It's a Monokuma Theater scene), but i'll spoil it anyway. Don't remember what chapter it was, but it should be safe anyway

So I actually put the morse code it spits out in the "Morse Code Edtion of Monokuma Theater" and it just came back as jibberish. Does it mean something in japanese?
It means 'be sure to drink your kumatine'. It's a 'be sure to drink your ovaltine' joke, except with 'oval' replaced with 'kuma'.

OceanBlue

So, question for people further into the game than I am. Also, Chapter 4 spoilers, I guess.

I've got three hope fragments left before I complete Chiaki's report card. Will I be able to finish it before there's no more Free Time blocks in the game or should I give up on it?

General spoiler:
You will.

You can also complete report cards for dead characters by replaying chapters in which they are alive and going to chapter select once you run out of Free Times.

Vamphuntr

The minigames keep getting worse. I actually lost half my health on the hangman's gambit and I knew the answer since the beginning. The board starts to fill up and the letters you want takes forever to come up. The skateboarding minigame is also pretty dreadful. Who thought it was a good idea to add these to the games?

pariah164

Something to note... (Gift spoilers ahoy).

Unlike the first game, you now only have to complete report cards to get each character's unique gift, rather than have their affection at max by the end of each island life round.

Moonlight

Banned
Haha, that's great. I love the references this game drops. There was a pogs one a little while ago.
Having lots of fun picking out the silly references in general.
Favourite is still the ace attorney joke.

General spoiler:
You will.

You can also complete report cards for dead characters by replaying chapters in which they are alive and going to chapter select once you run out of Free Times.
Good to hear. And I didn't realize about that other tidbit! Should make things a bit simpler, thanks.

Top Bottom