• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

Zephyx

Hm, so if I were to beat a chapter, could I go back and play through the free time portion of a previous chapter, stop when that's done, and then resume from where I am with the next chapter?

Kind of a pain in the ass, but is it possible?

Yes, Chapter 1 is the fastest route for that.

kewlmyc

The line above the 6 indicates that it's a 9.

The line above the "six", it's a marking put underneath a nine in situations where the number could be seen upside down. Sometimes a line or a dot.

Thanks for the help.

Chapter 4 puzzle spoiler again
Monomi flat out told me the answer to the Ortello puzzle, which still baffles me. I get that I had to follow the lights but the fact that the code solution starts with 9 yet none of the light flashes are ●○○● baffled the hell out of me.

Nothing in the Zero Escape series has ever made me feel this stupid.

todd360

Made to chapter 4 investigation last night. Gonna investigate after I eat lunch.
I'm glad the person I wanted to die died. Also what was everyone thinking? Everyone had hope that no one would be killed. Everyone was gonna starve to death. People are killed in this game for worse reasons than that.

FluxWaveZ

Chapter 4 trial question:

About shapes...
I don't get what they mean by "If you cut a four-sided shape out of a six-sided one, you get eight edges... It becomes an eight-sided shape.
I got the right answer, but I still don't get it,
even with the diagram they showed with the rectangle inside the hexagon
. I think I'm missing something plainly obvious for the first time here.

DaBoss

About shapes...
I don't get what they mean by "If you cut a four-sided shape out of a six-sided one, you get eight edges... It becomes an eight-sided shape.
Chapter 4 trial spoiler: http://i.imgur.com/o4RGZoa.png

EDIT: Shit, meant to edit this into my previous post. >_>

About shapes...

If you cut a square out of a hexagon, you get the shape in green here, which has 8 sides.

JNA

Banned
Finally my replacement LE arrived! This time the box was undamaged at all. It even came in a grocery shopping bag lol.

Everything in the LE box was undamaged as well so finally I get to play. XD

MSMrRound

Done the game. Will post reactions later.

What? So that's how you get skills? I only got one skill because I only completed one hope fragment.

I made it to the end with completed hope fragment and pet skills only as well. Didn't realize that until I finished the game.

Anyway, feel free to head over to the Danganronpa 2 spoiler thread to share your thoughts!

Ch6, just got to
Floor 4 of Hope's Peak Academy (?)

All I can say is
lol wut at the end of Chapter 5 when everything went glitchy.

Since they're wanting to bring up Junko so much again, watch her still being around somehow, like as an AI or something and that's why there's glitching going on. Still not sure what's going on regarding that.

Also, Ch0 was sure...interesting.

Chapter 3 spoilers and speculation- DONT CLICK IF YOU HAVEN'T BEATEN CHAPTER 3

-
Ibuki's illness was a major red herring, I was convinced from the beginning that someone used Ibuki's condition to get her to kill herself, and killed saiyonji to frame it as a murder suicide. Dont know if I like mine more or not.

-
Mikan. I expected her to lose her shit, but not like this. Memories of the past driving her mad is a very very cool idea. A little bummed that her crazy attention grabbing fanservice moments weren't addressed in the main plot at all, as without the context that her Free Time conversations provide, it just seems like actual fanservice as opposed to the outreach of a very mentally unsound girl.

-
Really, really happy that Gundam is surviving. I think he's making it off the island. Other people I think that have a really good chance to make it off are Akane, Chiaki, and Fuyuhiko, because they've recieved quite a bit of character development. Unless the writers pull an asshole move and go for a narrative gutpunch, Fuyuhiko's definitely making it.

-
MECHAMARU. GLORIOUS. Also, Akane and Nekumaru were fucking, right? Is...there birth control on the island?

I just finished chapter 1. I was actually kinda bummed with
Teruteru being the killer. He got ridiculously annoying during the trial but before that I thought he would've actually been a character I would've liked to see develop for a while. IMO he seemed like a better version of Hifumi.

Just hit the credit roll. What a ride.

Extremely satisfying ending. Mikan's murder makes a lot more sense now.

what do you mean? Or are you talking about mikan's motivation for murder? Because I think she just murder ibuki only because ibuki was an easy target

The
Othello
puzzle was a pain in the ass, alongside the
octagon one
. I still need somebody to explain
those lights
to me, I followed
every pattern
that I could think but the
answer sheet
was different. This is probably because I never
played Othello

Off topic: This posts looks like a Top Secret CIA document, everything crucial is denied.

Venfayth

end game spoiler
ah yeah that was obvious after
the reveal of junko and them being the ultimate despairs, even though it was heavily hinted in the free-time sections

continued end game spoilers
Mikan's free time activites? I never got to her before she died :(
As soon as she went crazy and started saying stuff like "I'll finally get to see HER again" I had my suspicions, though.

edit: lol I should probably go to the spoiler thread at this point

DaBoss

The
Othello
puzzle was a pain in the ass, alongside the
octagon one
. I still need somebody to explain
those lights
to me, I followed
every pattern
that I could think but the
answer sheet
was different. This is probably because I never
played Othello

Off topic: This posts looks like a Top Secret CIA document, everything crucial is denied.
Chapter 4 investigation spoilers:
Each light indicates a column. Look at how many times the lights are lit up and blank and then refer to the sheet that indicates what pattern indicates what number.

continued end game spoilers
Mikan's free time activites? I never got to her before she died :(
As soon as she went crazy and started saying stuff like "I'll finally get to see HER again" I had my suspicions, though.

edit: lol I should probably go to the spoiler thread at this point

haha yeah
free-time and end game spoiler
if you think about it, all of the students had a depressing backstory. It makes sense why Nagito wanted to kill everybody and leave the only one that wasn't an ultimate despair alive.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Think I missed another obvious mechanic thing. Where's the other place to buy presents besides the supermarket? I know it mentioned the vending machine and something else, but I don't know how to access that. I'm on chapter
now, so I'm figuring this would be available already by now.

Each light indicates a column. Look at how many times the lights are lit up and blank and then refer to the sheet that indicates what pattern indicates what number.

So that's what happened,
I was reading it wrong the whole time. Thanks.

OceanBlue

Think I missed another obvious mechanic thing. Where's the other place to buy presents besides the supermarket? I know it mentioned the vending machine and something else, but I don't know how to access that. I'm on chapter

You can get random presents by spending coins on the Monomono Machine at the beach.

Oh shit, I would've never realized this lol.

It's on the beach.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks. Completely forgot about that place after chapter 1.

Shahadan

I can't find the third monokuma plushie in chapter 3 ;(
I haven't found any in the Titty Twister so I guess it's probably there somewhere....or the motel if I can access it later.

Gazoinks

Ch 5 Pre-trial Guess (also DR1)

So, going by this game's connections to the first, I'm gonna say that Nagito is not in fact dead. Rather, he faked his death using the body of the Ultimate Impostor, similarly to how Junko used Mukuro's body. Now the question is the why. I don't think he's the mastermind or the traitor, but why would he fake his death? Hmmm.

Minimaru is both adorable and existentially horrifying.

Just finished chapter one.
That trial was awesome. I immediately suspected Nagato at the beginning of the investigation once I saw that picture and where he was standing. All the evidence after that also pointed to him untill at the last moment when I got the autopsy report that described the wounds. Than I knew the murder was commited with that missing iron skewer but I didn't suspect Teruteru. It became pretty oçbvious during the trial though. So far this game is of to a great start, it was a much better first trial than the first game.

Another thing I'm suspecting: COULD BE HUGE SPOILERS! do not highlight until you finish the game.
From the first moment I saw Nagato I'm thinking he's Naegi from DanganRonpa 1. Their face looks the same, they have the same voice (I think?), they're both the Ultimate Lucky student and even his clothes look similar. He's also pretty obsessed with hope vs despair and the letters in his name can be rearranged to spell Makoto Naegi (with 2 letters that spell DA remaining). I'm really curious to see what's going to happen next and if I'm right.

Syrinx

Finished Chapter 1 last night.
It was one of the people I thought was going to be killed, but holy fuck that trial was wild. Man this game really hit the ground running. It ain't fucking around.

MSMrRound

Another thing I'm suspecting: COULD BE HUGE SPOILERS! do not highlight until you finish the game.
the letters in his name can be rearranged to spell Makoto Naegi (with 2 letters that spell DA remaining)

You can translate it.
Nagito Komaeda->(in Japanese) Makoto Naegi Da->(in English) I am Makoto Naegi

sub_o

Just got the game this morning. And just finished first chapter.

I like how there are shoutouts to Doraemon (
the joke about sister being smarter than older brother
) and Kindaichi (
in the name of my grandfather
).

But somehow the trial has become excessively complex. There are like pages of instructions to get thru before I can start the trial segment, and then I'd get confused because of the instructions, the buttons, and in some cases the direction that I should slash.

Hope that it becomes easier when I get used to it though.

It's a wild ride again.

Drago

God I bet I'm gonna look like an idiot for asking this but I'm about to run out of health so whatever.

Chapter 1 Trial (probably close to the end)

what do I present to Teruteru about consulting his memories?

MSMrRound

"Improved" Hangman's Gambit my butt. This one might prove difficult when it comes to getting a "take no damage" trophy.

Gentle/Gentle. Save before every segment. For the Hangman's Gambit, two identical letters will come in at the same time. Just combine them and decide whether it's usable.

If it's not, just press X to destroy it, unless you feel confident about leaving it in place.

what do I present to Teruteru about consulting his memories?

He's a pervert, so what should he remember if he was there at the dining hall at the same time? -

-it's the embarrassing pose

Gentle/Gentle. Save before every segment. For the Hangman's Gambit, two identical letters will come in at the same time. Just combine them and decide whether it's usable.

If it's not, just press X to destroy it, unless you feel confident about leaving it in place

Bumping it down to gentle would bruise my fragile pride. ;_; I'll just save it for another playthough, thanks for the tips!

You can translate it.
Nagito Komaeda->(in Japanese) Makoto Naegi Da->(in English) I am Makoto Naegi

I couldn't help myself and highlighted the spoiler to see if I was right.
Damn, now that you mention it it makes complete sense. I don't speak Japanese but I at least now little enough to understand what Da means in that context. It just didn't occur to me :p. Now I can't wait to find out WTF has happened to Naegi and why he's here.

LiK

fucking hell trying to get through not getting damaged for a trial and the Hangman's Gambit fucks me over when words hit each other in the edge of the screen. i guess this segment is all luck?

Top Bottom