• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

LX_Theo

Banned
lol is this a plothole?

Chapter 2 Trial Spoilers
How is leaving a yellow gummi on the ground not littering? They even made a point of the littering rule when they brought up the water bottles!

I suppose the definition of littering is vague enough to include that, but the rules show a clear intent to make the rule have to do with nature, not inside.

Chapter rank update:

1>4>2>3

4 was definately a good step up from 3. I didn't figure out the case at the beginning but the proof pointing to the truth made sense so it made for a good "ohhhhh" moment. Also there might have been a few feels.

Onward to ch5. Still wondering if the game can outdo the firdr case which I thought was excellent. Perfect mix of crazy and logic.

aravuus

Wow yea totally not jealous as fuck of all of you

I don't have a Vita and never will so I hope someone records a let's play or something real quick cause goddamn do I want to start clicking those spoiler bars

Jisgsaw

So, pretty stupid question, but I'm at the first class trial: is there any way to know in which way you have to cut the sentences of the other character during rebuttal showdown?

esterk

Chapter 3 end spoilers

That was...underwhelming. I didnt like that I had to rely on a clue that was impossible to obtain to figure things out, but it was still an intriguing mystery. I'm glad I maxed out Mikan before the trial though! Whew.

Gazoinks

So, pretty stupid question, but I'm at the first class trial: is there any way to know in which way you have to cut the sentences of the other character during rebuttal showdown?

It doesn't matter what way you cut them, as long as they're being cut. The different slashing directions are for hitting different areas of the screen.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm on Chapter 2, great game, yadda yadda.
But this game is extremely mean to Monomi and it makes me sad :( No one trusts her even though her idea of a good time was giving everyone some vacations at the beach D:

Moonlight

Banned
Chapter 6 END + Epilogue

Holy fuck, everything about this chapter has been TOTAL INSANITY. I really shouldn't have expected this to go back to anyone other than Junko, but damn. Love her new 'main' personality, whimsical yet somehow down to earth. Probably the best VA'd portion of Junko, too. I called the Hope's Peak survivors as being the Ultimate Despairs almost as soon as we got the report. Still a pretty big shocker. I really wonder how Ibuki or Sonia could have possibly, y'know... been as Despairs. Actually, Sonia was probably the one starting wars and shit in the first place. I digress, though. This kind of stuff probably belongs in the spoiler thread.

Fucking loved it when Kyoko, Byakuya, and Makoto came into the picture. I was kind of expecting it, since Monokuma kept making allusions to the 'main cast', there really were no other possible conclusions. I kinda wish we saw Asahina again, but seeing Kyoko back in all her glory was enough for me. Honestly, just seeing all of them again was just such a great feeling.

Everything about that climax, though. I actually thought I fucked up super-hard when I first got to the screwed up 'this is what I wanted world' because I figured I should have saved 'hope' and shot 'despair' with it, but nope. Figured out what to do, and man... those Chiaki feelings. ;_;

Everything about the execution of the ending was fantastic. Literally taking out your past self and insecurities with renewed hope for the future, trying to wake up as everyone is succumbing to despair, everything about it was amazing.

And then when you go 'NO THAT'S WRONG' and it's chiaki and hajime's voice overlaid on top of each other with their cut-ins together it melted my goddamn heart augh chiakiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ;_________;7

and then oh my god THE REPRISE KICKS IN

DANGAN

RONPA

Chills. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Loved the epilogue, too. I'm glad that the game ended on a fair bit more closure than the first game did, even if I understand, thematically, why the first game ended as it did. Was nice to see some legit assurance that they really did keep their memories. And leaving that infinitesimally small chance that maybe all the people who 'died' in the game still have that chance of coming back.

It's so weird to think that a game so despair-filled is fundamentally so much about hope.

Amazing game. Amazing characters. Amazing story. Totally amazing.

I'm finally off to the spoiler thread. It's been a good ride, my friends. ;_;7

Oh, and
Kyoko, Byakuya, and Makoto look BALLER AS FUCK in their suits, god DAMN.

Jisgsaw

Oh god, the Hangman's Gambit is unplayable with tactil gameplay, how could they make something that could have been so intuitive so butched up?

Alfredo

I just "finished" the
Final Dead Room
in Chapter 4, and, man, that was dumb. I was dumb. I couldn't figure it out at all, and I had to do some Google work since I don't think there's a walkthrough for this game yet...

LX_Theo

Banned
I just "finished" the
Final Dead Room
in Chapter 4, and, man, that was dumb. I was dumb. I couldn't figure it out at all, and I had to do some Google work since I don't think there's a walkthrough for this game yet...

If you
talked to Monomi over and over again, it basically spells out the answer. I also think they had a skip this section entirely option. They don't expect you to be good at the puzzles. Its more an easter egg for their Zero Escape series.

Finished the game.

That was a great last chapter for sure. Pretty much called most of the reveals once the pieces started flowing in, although the one about the Ultimate Hope one didn't become clear to me until just before the reveal.

So is it alright to go into the spoiler thread now, or should I wait until playing through that IF story option?

LX_Theo

Banned
Finished the game.

That was a great last chapter for sure. Pretty much called most of the reveals once the pieces started flowing in, although the one about the Ultimate Hope one didn't become clear to me until just before the reveal.

So is it alright to go into the spoiler thread now, or should I wait until playing through that IF story option?

Danganronpa IF is a what if scenario involving the first game's story. Its interesting, but shouldn't make a difference in regards to the spoiler thread. At least at the moment, while people are much more focused on the main story itself.

Vylash

Finished the game.

discussion of IF is done in spoiler tags so you'll be fine

Alfredo

Chapter 4 Spoiler stuff:

If you
talked to Monomi over and over again, it basically spells out the answer. I also think they had a skip this section entirely option. They don't expect you to be good at the puzzles. Its more an easter egg for their Zero Escape series.

Yeah, I had to look up the part about
Monomi's hints, too, because she initially kept saying the same thing over and over, so I assumed she (or, as it turns out, Nagito) wouldn't just straight up give you the answer. Though I eventually used this method to just get the final code because, even after reading puzzle explanations online, I still didn't understand the "Othello" thing.

I didn't want to skip the room entirely because I was afraid I'd miss something important (like going online and complaining about it :p).

And if the Zero Escape games are as hard as this, I don't think I could ever get into them, lol.

Steel

Banned
Chapter 6, complete:

Hmmm, I generally dislike "It was all a dream/game" endings, but in this case, it actually made perfect sense. Kinda deflated when I found out that Nagito wasn't Makoto, I actually thought it was all but confirmed at the beginning of the chapter when Nagito said he hated Junko, but for some reason attached her arm to his own(like he went insane or something). Also have mixed feelings over Monokuma being Junko again. While it made a strange type of sense, and meshed with the ending of DR1 with Monokuma getting up on his own, it felt somewhat anti-climatic.

I did start to suspect that Hajime wasn't who he thought he was when Nagito said(in the laptop video) that he felt bad for treating him so badly, so game's clues pointing toward Ikuro had me put two and two together.

This case also made one thing infinitely clear: Every single one of the characters I thought was interesting died. Fuyuhiko isn't bad, but Akane is stupidly shallow, while Sonia and Kazuichi are completely static in their character growth. This fact made it feel like the whole trial was just an argument between Hajime and Junko, with occasional asides from the DR1 cast and aimless whining from the rest of the DR2 cast. In the end, having the whole thing culminate in the survivors just staying on the island anyway was a bit of a let-down too.

That being said, the ending was good enough, and that moment where Chiaki saves your ass one last time gave me some feels.

My favorite line from the trial:
[After it's made clear the DR1 guys were forced to watch everything on the survellience cameras]
Sonia: B-but, I did some disgraceful things in front of those cameras.

Byakua: Yes.
Yes, you did.

To the spoiler thread!

sjay1994

Can someone help me with the chapter 2 hangmans gambit?

I figured the answer is her sword, but I don't know the correct way to say it

Trying to get the no damage trophy. Hangmans gambit is literally the worst fucking thing I have played all year.

Alfredo

Can someone help me with the chapter 2 hangmans gambit?

I figured the answer is her sword, but I don't know the correct way to say it

Trying to get the no damage trophy. Hangmans gambit is literally the worst fucking thing I have played all year.

I'm pretty sure it's
bamboo sword

Syrinx

Chapter 2 trial:

Okay I'm at a loss here:
which truth bullet do I fire at what statement in the argument about the murder weapon used to kill the girl at the beginning of Monokuma's game?

Moonlight

Banned
Chapter 2 trial:

Okay I'm at a loss here:
which truth bullet do I fire at what statement in the argument about the murder weapon used to kill the girl at the beginning of Monokuma's game?
It's swimsuit on gravel. Probably the most obtuse bullet to weakpoint relationship in the game. But it still sorta makes sense.. I guess?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, it was MUCH easier to get to 999 coins this time around. I haven't even started the 4th trial and after raising a pet, the game gave me 300 coins, & this was after the fact I had 840 coins already. Guess I'll get all the stuff from the Yachine now, then start buying stuff in the gallery/music player.

Past

Getting my copy tomorrow, soooo excited. Just curious about the OSTs; is it just rehash of the first game or are they actual new music in the game?

milkham

Finished the first trial, i'm really hating the new trial mechanics, especially that slash the words one, ESPECIALLY when the text is vertical, am i not supposed to read it and just slash everything?! I managed to get through it, hopefully it makes more sense to me the next time around.

CrazyDude

Finished the first trial, i'm really hating the new trial mechanics, especially that slash the words one, ESPECIALLY when the text is vertical, am i not supposed to read it and just slash everything?! I managed to get through it, hopefully it makes more sense to me the next time around.

Just slash everything. You only need to read the gold text. Make sure time your slashes so you slash multiple words at the same time.

Getting my copy tomorrow, soooo excited. Just curious about the OSTs; is it just rehash of the first game or are they actual new music in the game?

It's a mixture of repeated tracks and new ones. Some of the new music is really quite good, so that's something to look forward to.

Got all the trophies I need out of Island Mode. Now to get everything else.

Or maybe I'll just wait for PS TV to do that stuff since I'll have to replay a lot of the game.

Need help, Chapter 4 trial spoilers

Trying to determine how nekomaru fell. I can agree with hammer, oil, pillar and doorknob, and I can disagree with cause the drop.

Edit: i got it. The answer was kinda lolwut though

Man, totally just came across a spoiler while looking up a certain character's voice actor. Not only was it a spoiler, it was a whodidit spoiler, and it involves a character I really like. >_<

I'm a tad upset right now, not gonna lie. Lol.

Top Bottom