• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

Steel

Banned
Holy shit just got past the intermission in the CH 5 trial.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!! They all killed him when they tried to put out the fire with the poison, didn't they? Knew the poison was connected to the fact that all the fire fighting equipment except the bottles was gone from the break room, but not like this. NOT LIKE THIS!!!!

I'm... Losing... It...

Reading the chapter 5 impressions makes me inexplicably giddy for some reason.

Komaeda_%2819%29.png

MSMrRound

For the collections list:

Where do I get the last movie clip? The one after the credits in the list.

For that movie clip:
finish the novel

It's a guilty pleasure reading Moonlight/Gazoinks and the impressions of many others. Puhuhuhu.

Moonlight

Banned
VLR spoilers + Chapter 5 spoilers:

how the fuck did i get luna'd twice

my tears won't stop

ugh

edit:

what.

EDIT:

THE FUCKING COTTAGES AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I haven't had that much time as some of you guys but I finished case 2 and I'm loving this game so far.

I've had the game since Wednesday and still on chapter 1! Done about 8 hours...

I had to stop playing during the first trial yesterday, so I'm currently anxious trying to get through the day until I can play again!

FluxWaveZ

Nearing the end of chapter 5. Funny looking back on this now...

Chapter 5 case (investigation):

Yikes.
I guess
Ultimate Lucky's luck
was going to end at some point, the way he was acting.
Without knowing anything, I'm going to guess,
after just discovering the body, that the culprit is Sonia and, by extension, she's the traitor. She's the one who was doing whatever at the military base when the others were pre-occupied with the bomb and she's the one who kept insisting that there was no traitor. Plus, her words toward the impending classroom trial are less apologetic than before.
Seems too obvious, though. Looking forward to finding out.

I don't think I was fully on board with this guess. (Chapter 5 end)
I did suspect that someone had intentionally killed Nagito, and I had suspected that the killer would also be the traitor due to motive. Because of this and suspicion of Sonia (which was quickly dismissed in the chapter), I guessed her as the prime suspect, but I totally forgot that I always knew that there was something up with Chiaki the whole time.

I had seen a collectible figure with Chiaki posing with Monomi posted in a DR thread before, which made me think of the same figure with DR1's mastermind posing with Monokuma. Also, Chiaki's right on the center of the DR2 LE box art. Plus, like Monokuma says, "she regularly took on the role of pointman during the class trials" and was generally knowledgeable about everything that was happening. I knew Chiaki was a traitor of some sort, but I initially guessed that Chiaki and Monomi were one and the same, which they are apparently not. Kind of oddly relieved that I don't have her around to constantly suspect anymore (and her end was pretty sad, despite being the traitor), but it seems that the game's nearing its end.

Steel

Banned
I... Can't even... What? What!?!

Finished Chapter 5

I... Um... Don't... wha? I don't know what's going on anymore.

Fuck, kinda figured that Chiaki was the 'Traitor'(Always felt that moniker was a red herring anyway, as it was in Sakura's case). But... What the fuck is going on? Huh? Wha?

I've... Lost... It...

What was "it" again?

Gazoinks

Ch 6

ALTER EGO?!

I can't believe I actually guessed the nature of the world more or less correctly way back at the beginning of the game. Although I guess it's more like The Matrix.

And now Makoto!

Sadly, I have to go to sleep now. If I didn't work tomorrow I would totally marathon till the end.

sjay1994

God damnit

I want to slap the person who made the "improved" hangmans gambit.

I always take damage from it

Just let me spell
UNDER THE FLOOR and IRON SKEWER
in fucking peace.

Not this convoluted bullshit.

Lusankya

God damnit

I want to slap the person who made the "improved" hangmans gambit.

I always take damage from it

Just let me spell ... and ... in fucking peace.

Not this convoluted bullshit.

Chapter one was the only time when I didn't get any damage from the hangman game. But after that it's basically impossible on the hardest difficulty.

Moonlight

Banned
Chapter 6 Spoilers:

oh my god

the reason why the password is 11037

legit choking up

makotooooooooooo

also glad he isn't nagito

and alter's still alive :')

trinest

In Chapter 3 during the trial, when your up
basically when your trying to work out who else could film it besides the nurse chick
what are you supposed to do?

In Chapter 3 during the trial, when your up
basically when your trying to work out who else could film it besides the nurse chick
what are you supposed to do?

If you are at the point I think you are you have to
load up Chiakis last line with triangle and shoot it at ''camera angle''.

Beginning of Chapter 2, I'm level 62, all pets done at least one time. 999 Monokuma coins but I'm going to spend a lot of time on the gift machine for some more presents :D

You can tell I've been doing a lot of side stuff instead of progressing the story ^^ (it's not like I haven't already done the game on PSP and don't know the story already so it's quite fine for now)

petghost

Banned
i was pretty cold on this after having loved the first one...the characters and setting didn't click at first and the new trial stuff seemed pretty uninspired (which i still think), but basically everything from chapter 3 on was increasingly fantastic/mind blowing. they dont give a fuck.

galvenize

I know it's not unplayable but I get a few framerate dips during trials. Especially during the second case where I'm put into a 1v1 battle
against fuyuhiko
, it gets difficult to slash his words. Is it my Vita or what?

Puru

Finished Chapter 3, kinda interesting how almost all
the girls are already dead, it will be known as the great waifu purge
, also i was a bit mad when
Nekomaru saved Akane since i was doing his social links. He is not as badass now though.

Trial itself was fun enough.
The execution was kinda bad in that chapter imo.

Also, i'll make an assumption for the rest of the game, so it might enter spoiler territory for chapter following the 3rd,
everybody except the traitor were ultimate dispairs, they just don't remember it because of memory wipe, i'd guess Monomi was originaly trying to cure them or something.

trinest

Okay doing chapter 4 now.
in that escape box thing, trying to figure out that news code thing

Might go to bed.

Pedersen

Finished with the first chapter and it took me 10 hours! Didn't expect the trial to be so long, but holy fuck it was good.

Chapter 1 trial spoilers

I laughed so much when Monomi was hanging by the rope and had to translate what Teruteru said haha. That accent! Anyways, I kinda feel bad for him since he will never see his mama again:( Also Makoto has gone crazy since the last game. I guess all the hope went to his head and he couldn't handle it. I have so many questions though that I hope will get answered. So pissed that Byakuya was killed before he got so say what he was gonna say. Hope Makoto will fill me inn when he settles down

Just starting the investigation for case 4 but I hope
it isn't as obvious as the last one. At this point my guess would just be that Mechamaru commited suicide with the pillar. Then again that would almost be too similar to Sakuras case in the last game that happened to be chapter 4 also...

Shahadan

Chapter 3 was really dumb

are they seriousy expect me to believe no one even asked himself why the victim had a bag on her head? And it only came up at the end of the trial? Really?

The minute I've stumbled upon the crime scene I was like "ok girl on the pillar was killed first and hidden until now, Ibuki is dead but since there is a bag it wasn't her in the video, which was probably filmed somewhere else....obviously the hospital conference room then, so the culprit is probably that person."

It was already present in the first game but I really hate when you have to wait way too long for the characters to ask the obvious questions because the plot requires it.

They even do that during regular dialog the rest of the day. Bleh.

Finished chapter 4, and unlike what I have been seeing on the internet I actually didn't think it was hard at all. Everyone kept saying how they kept on getting stuck, for me it was all smooth sailing.

BTW at the end of it, I got the feels. Man... Not only was this chapter smart, it was also sad for me. Idk the other chapters so far were sad too, but this one hit me in the feels real hard compared to the other 3. Those who have finished this chapter will probably to some extent agree with me. Or else you are a monster :p

ramyeon

Stuck on late Chapter 3 trial...
Nagito just pointed out Ibuki was strangled not hanged. Need to use a truth bullet with a statement to confirm this but I can't come up with any combination that makes sense.

Stuck on late Chapter 3 trial...
Nagito just pointed out Ibuki was strangled not hanged. Need to use a truth bullet with a statement to confirm this but I can't come up with any combination that makes sense.

IIRC you had to
Shoot the rope to something. I think it might be Sodas statement?

ramyeon

IIRC you had to
Shoot the rope to something. I think it might be Sodas statement?
Oh wow, I was sure I tried that since it made the most sense to me. Seems like I didn't haha thanks a lot. Might be a sign that I need to sleep instead of playing this all tonight D:

Oh wow, I was sure I tried that since it made the most sense to me. Seems like I didn't haha thanks a lot. Might be a sign that I need to sleep instead of playing this all tonight D:

I was stuck on the same thing. It was too obvious so I just assumed I tried that already/thought it couldn't be that easy.

Top Bottom