• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

Disturbing, really. I legit got goosebumps during
the body discovery scene. The glitchy tune and the shaky camera scene that always comes up after a body discovery never really fazed me this much until I saw what I saw...
Kudos to the dev team for pulling this off, this late in the game... Wow.

That feeling when you're about to post a question, but you suddenly think "let me try this one last thing" and it was the answer.

Heck yeah. Had the post typed up and everything.

Man, totally just came across a spoiler while looking up a certain character's voice actor. Not only was it a spoiler, it was a whodidit spoiler, and it involves a character I really like. >_<

I'm a tad upset right now, not gonna lie. Lol.

It's a shame how you really can't look up ANYTHING about this game without risking possible spoilers. Youtube recommended videos spoiled me on a couple of the culprits and victims almost as soon as this game was out in Japanese.

Moonlight

Banned
Fun fact for the people who've finished Chapter 4.
You know how the murders in Chapter 3 only emulated the first two murders in the movie? Think about how Mechamaru was murdered. :p

It was all about that Beautiful Ruin...

(Provided a youtuberepeat link, in order to avoid spoilers from the sidebar/comments)
From 1:50 and on, that song ascends into godhood. My favourite is Homicide, though.

Chapter 4 help

inside the room with Monomi and just got the camera and usb stick. Shes telling me to put it in the laptop and I keep clicking on the laptop but its not doing anything.

PK Gaming

Fun fact for the people who've finished Chapter 4.
You know how the murders in Chapter 3 only emulated the first two murders in the movie? Think about how Mechamaru was murdered. :p

From 1:50 and on, that song ascends into godhood. My favourite is Homicide, though.

Yeah, that's an incredible track. I actually prefer it to
the chapter 5 version

I remember when that song was called "Ikoroshia"

Good times~

ss-hikaru

Yay got the game 'early' because physical release in Aus is September 11 but digitally it was same as EU ^____^

So far I'm focusing on befriending Nagito, Gundham and Ibuki. Don't die on me guys! Don't get the love for Chiaki yet and Hajime isn't better than Naegi yet either (up to first class trial only though).

Poor
Byakuya
, I had a feeling they would be the one to cop it first :( Have absolutely no clue who the killer could be unlike the first DangaRonpa which is nice. My suspicions are
Nagito or Teruteru
and I really really hope I'm wrong on the first >.<

It's a shame how you really can't look up ANYTHING about this game without risking possible spoilers. Youtube recommended videos spoiled me on a couple of the culprits and victims almost as soon as this game was out in Japanese.

That's the second time I got something spoiled for this game. The first was concerning Byakuya.

Anywho, is there a guide for getting the pets trophy?

Don't get the love for Chiaki yet

I like her as she is somewhat similar to me.

Also, only up to the 2nd investigation but I'm not digging the story as much as the first. Please tell me it gets way better.

Could also be that I started it right after finishing the first one.

Holy shit. Chapter 5 spoilers.

this murder is fucking brutal. I think chapter 3's impacted me a bit more (I thought someone used Ibuki's vulnerable state to talk her into hanging herself) but this was still hard to look at.

Feep

Banned
Did they cast you in DR1 knowing you would return in DR2? I guess this is how it works, but I thought your sexy voice really didn't fit this time.
They wanted the same voice...presumably so they could re-use DR1 lines? I dunno. I just do as I'm told.

Dominator

I'm not going to Google anyone's names out of fear of spoilers, but is Gundham the same voice actor as Vegeta? He must be or I'm losing it lol

sub_o

I'm not going to Google anyone's names out of fear of spoilers, but is Gundham the same voice actor as Vegeta? He must be or I'm losing it lol

Not the same VA. I understand that wikis of DR2 might be spoiler minefield, so I searched it for you. Here's the voice actors for each respective games (and in case if the even the VA names are spoilery, I put them in spoiler tags):

Vegeta, quite a handful of English Vas:

• Ryou Horikawa
  • Brian Drummond
  • Saffron Henderson during flashbacks.
  • Roger Rhodes in the English dub of Dragon Ball GT produced by Blue Water
  • Milton James in the video game Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout.
  • Christopher Sabat would voice Vegeta's adult incarnation in all of remaining and future Dragon Ball media, including video games.
  • Laura Bailey voiced Vegeta's child incarnation.

Gundham 'insufferable' Tanaka:
  • Tomokazu Sugita, also voice of Kazuhira Miller in MGS PeaceWalker and Ground Zeroes
  • Chris Tergliafera, also voice of Avdol in JoJo

RetroMG

Finished Chapter 2 tonight. (I'm slow.) I was totally ok until right before the execution, then... Those feels.
Planning to power through as much of the rest of the game as I can tomorrow.

bobawesome

Chapter 4 potential spoilers ahead: I had no idea what to do at the
Othello puzzle in chapter 4's investigation. I felt like a dumb-dumb having to ask Monomi what to do.

Damaniel

Banned
Chapter 4 potential spoilers ahead: I had no idea what to do at the
Othello puzzle in chapter 4's investigation. I felt like a dumb-dumb having to ask Monomi what to do.

General answer spoiler:
That one took me a while too. I knew the 'othello' puzzle was actually a binary representation of the digits -- the key is that you don't read the lights from left to right to decode the digits -- you read them 'top' to 'bottom' (wait until the rapid flashing, and then for each of the four 'ticks' of flashing, figure out what one of the lights over a digit does during each tick. The result is the binary encoding of that particular digit.
Specific answer spoiler
The code ends up being 9875 if I recall.

JNA

Banned
So far at chapter 4 trial, really enjoy it so far, but holy crap at this dumb leap of logic...

there is a point in the trial where you have to "spot" the octagon in this map in horizontal view. In this view, there is no damn octagon. I click practically everywhere and almost every part of each building because maybe there is an octagon hidden inside or something.

After a couple of retries and by complete accident, I apparently guessed correctly by picking the spot a little to the right and on the ceiling of grape house. Which is where I figured it would be but apparently I had to pick that one small part where of course they would reveal the octagon by changing the view of the map to vertical.

There was some shady leap of logic in some of the past questions with obtuse hints as well but some of it could be easily explained even if you were given a bad hint. But this particular part in chapter 4...it almost makes me want to throw the damn vita against the wall lol. XD

Dominator

Not the same VA. I understand that wikis of DR2 might be spoiler minefield, so I searched it for you. Here's the voice actors for each respective games (and in case if the even the VA names are spoilery, I put them in spoiler tags):

Vegeta, quite a handful of English Vas:

• Ryou Horikawa
  • Brian Drummond
  • Saffron Henderson during flashbacks.
  • Roger Rhodes in the English dub of Dragon Ball GT produced by Blue Water
  • Milton James in the video game Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout.
  • Christopher Sabat would voice Vegeta's adult incarnation in all of remaining and future Dragon Ball media, including video games.
  • Laura Bailey voiced Vegeta's child incarnation.

Gundham 'insufferable' Tanaka:
  • Tomokazu Sugita, also voice of Kazuhira Miller in MGS PeaceWalker and Ground Zeroes
  • Chris Tergliafera, also voice of Avdol in JoJo
Thank you for this I really appreciate it.

Also Ch. 1 trial bit I found hilarious

AVRIL LAVIGNE!!!

Labrys

They wanted the same voice...presumably so they could re-use DR1 lines? I dunno. I just do as I'm told.

They used the same Togami voice actor in the Japanese version, I don't see why they wouldn't use the same English one.

BTW Feep, ace job, as usual.

oggob

Alright, physical release for Australia was brought forward... No waiting til Thursday, just cracked the game and it begins again!

Chapter 5 mid trial spoilers

I realized Nagito's intentions about the same time chiaki did. Jesus...what a sick fuck. we walked right into it :(

Mendrox

Started the game last week but I am only at the first trial and because I love to think beforehand who will be the murderer my impressions are:
that it is Fukuhika or what the Yakuzas name is. The night vision googles and the floor are good evidence. Also he could have used the skewers to kill him (weapon with 5mm caliber).
but I also think that I am quiet wrong and somebody wants him to be the murderer. I will see and will crack this case today. :)

finally i can post on this thread.

what an ending

Chapter 6 Spoilers
The fact that they were actually all remnants of Ultimate despair. That's why Mikan acted that way during chapter 3 when she remembered everything. I wonder how they look like currently since the descriptions they gave to those who've become ultimate despairs are that bad.

Steel

Banned
T_T indeed..but,,,!

Chapter 6:

She's an NPC..
literally

You can kinda gather this from 5. But,
that just makes it worse honestly.

Chiaki
Free Time Spoiler:

In her last event, she says something to the point of "When this is all over, promise me you'll remember me."
Yeah... That made it so much worse...
;_;

JNA

Banned
Chapter 4 complete. And I have got to say, this line IMO is by far the best line in the game for me.

If you say killing for the sake of living is "evil," then what would you call giving up on life? If a world would consider that justice, then I will fight that world with every last fiber of my being! Giving up on life and choosing death...is nothing but a blasphemy toward life. It is a violation of the natural order! It is the arrogance of humanity!

- Gundham Tanaka

I think there is a lot of wisdom in those words. God damn it... ;(

Just started chapter 6.

i thought the pixelation and glitchy effects were meant to represent memories being tampered with. But then i found the hidden monokuma in the gymnasium....and he's half virtual. Oh my god.

mothball

Chapter 6 Spoilers
The fact that they were actually all remnants of Ultimate despair. That's why Mikan acted that way during chapter 3 when she remembered everything. I wonder how they look like currently since the descriptions they gave to those who've become ultimate despairs are that bad.

damnit i beat it and after the end i was thinking about
how they never said anything about who mikan's beloved was
and it took reading your post to realize
she was talking about junko

i'm not good at connecting lines

Top Bottom