• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Anyway is there a guide for the monokuma plushie? I missed only one and it's annoying me. Worst part is, the one I miss is probably in the chapter 4 building I can't go back to...was there more than two plushies there? ;(
There was 3 of them.

1.) 3rd floor of the Strawberry House, on top of the giant bucket
2.) 2nd floor of the Strawberry House, go there during Free Time. It'll be behind the desk.
3.) In Grape House's 3rd floor, go to that Monokuma Museum or whatever. It'll be hiding behind one of the gold statues.

& wow, 500 white noise destroyed within the 2nd part of trial 4? Man, this game really is easier for trophies so far.

Edit: Okay, this Rebuttal Showdown in Trial 4 kind of puzzles me.
I could've sworn Monokuma stated in this game or DR1 that he NEVER messes with the evidence in any way or form. And wouldn't he have said something like "NOPE, I didn't touch a single thing!" when asked that or at least teased "Maybe I did, maybe I didn't!"? He seemed to have answered other questions relating to him when they were brought up.

Edit 2: What the crap, the Hangman's Gambit glitched out. The cursor was gone, so I had to use the touchscreen...which SUCKED. 1/2 the time, it didn't register my input...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Alright, I'm stumped (Chapter 4 trial). Again, if you just wanna give me a hint instead of the answer, go ahead.

What the hell am I suppose to select for the "Octagon"?

Feep

Banned
Chapter 2 Trial Spoilers:

Swimsuit + Gravel was fucking stupid. Worst logical leap in the series thus far.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Been playing without help so far, but I'm too annoyed with the first Rebuttal on Chapter 5.

Anyone remember what statement to cut with which evidence? Been bruteforcing for a while and I hate doing it.

Chapter 2 Trial Spoilers:

Swimsuit + Gravel was fucking stupid. Worst logical leap in the series thus far.

I think that's the first thing I had to bruteforce in the game.

DaBoss

Alright, I'm stumped (Chapter 4 trial). Again, if you just wanna give me a hint instead of the answer, go ahead.

Look at it from an overhead perspective.

Second hint:
An Octagon is an 8 sided shape.

is that the building layout? choose the spot between the grape and strawberry building. the one where a portion of the grape building sticks out of the strawberry building.

beaten XD

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Look at it from an overhead perspective.

Second hint:
An Octagon is an 8 sided shape.

is that the building layout? choose the spot between the grape and strawberry building. the one where a portion of the grape building sticks out of the strawberry building.

beaten XD
*selects spot that I could've sworn I already tried. Game says it's right because I was selecting a spot very slightly different. Explains why it's correct*

......*reloads save to reselect solution & stares at the explanation* Wait...so......
Is it telling me that the edges of the top building = the missing edges to go with the bottom building's edges?

Wow, I....KIND OF was in the ballpark of that logic (I was thinking it had to be due to both buildings being on top of each other), as I was trying to figure out where to select, but man, I don't know, I still feel kind of confused. I GUESS it makes sense, but I really wish they showed you it from a different angle or view. At least with the swimsuit + gravel, that instantly connected when I saw the solution on here.

Feep

Banned
What's wrong with that? Seemed fine to me when it was deduced, given the other possibilities that were eliminated.
I might be wrong, but this murder had nothing to do with blunt force trauma, necessarily. It could have been anything, and then removed from the scene easily after the fact, because Girl E was able to move around freely afterward. It could have been glass from either the window or the fish tank, or literally any other object on her person and then disposed of.

Also, come on, you want to kill someone and your first instinct is to break a fishtank, scoop up gravel into a random swimsuit, and use it for blunt force trauma? That's absurd. Girl E didn't even actually have to get rid of the swimsuit, she could have just said "My swimsuit is missing!" and it would have been fine.

What's wrong with that? Seemed fine to me when it was deduced, given the other possibilities that were eliminated.

Chapter 2 trial spoilers

It sucks because 99% of people tried to use swimsuit on bloodstains, because that makes sense and that's not where you need to shoot it

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Alright, Case 4 might be the hardest one in the series for me...or perhaps the most confusing. Just reached part 2 & I've still got no idea how the hell it could've happened.
The entire building was used? What?

Edit: Alright, NOW I'm starting to understand....but I'm gonna wait to finish the trial to voice my opinion. Something isn't sitting right with me & I wanna see if they address it.

Meier

I started playing the original this weekend and couldn't put it down. Finished Chapter 2 last night.. it felt like it took me a longass time to get there though. Does anyone have a rough time estimate for the remaining Chapters? I am anxious to go through 1 so I can play 2!

bigkrev

Game completed

I'd say that I found the middle of the game weaker than the first game, but the early and end game far more interesting than game 1. I will probably have this one slightly higher on my GOTY list than DR1.

Mazre

Chapter 5 Investigation

Oh shit, that Byakuya revelation. Things are getting crazy and I still have a ways to go.

Shahadan

Finished Chapter 5!

Until now I've guessed everything right everytime before trials even started....that sucks for me. Then again they spoil the fun with all their not so subtle hints every fucking time.

On the other hand I don't know shit about what's coming so I'm still excited!

I'm completely stuck in chapter 5... I think I know what happened, but I can't find the right true bullet!
I'm at the part where Chiaki and Hajime suggest that Nagito committed suicide, the discussion about how he stuck the knife on his right hand.

Shahadan

I'm completely stuck in chapter 5... I think I know what happened, but I can't find the right true bullet!
I'm at the part where Chiaki and Hajime suggest that Nagito committed suicide, the discussion about how he stuck the knife on his right hand.

try to think of
how do you stab yourself without having the knife in hand....and what would have helped

true answer :
the monokuma plushie

Moonlight

Banned
If you wanted to stab yourself in the hand and you had no free hand, how would you set up the knife to allow it? What could you use?

try to think of
how do you stab yourself without having the knife in hand....and what would have helped

true answer :
the monokuma plushie

Such obliviousness. This is what I mean when I say the answer is right under your nose and you just skip it... I tried THAT with all statements but one, which was the correct answer. Thanks a lot!

Welp. Completed chapter 5. was pretty great.

Seems like we are going full MGS2 for chapter 6. And with the ultimate imposter reveal I bet the real Togami will make an appearance. Nagito is one crafty lunatic.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Anyone got a list of what gifts each character likes? Does the Pet accept any gift I give it too?
Stay away from the last two pictures/tables since it goes into the stuff you get after each chapter, but this guide should help.

& WHAT THE HELL, Hangman's Gambit was glitched AGAIN. Had no cursor during the second time I had to do the mini-game during Case 4. It was annoying enough already, but having to use the touchscreen makes it even worse.

pariah164

Worked the same way in DR1!
Actually, it operated differently in the first one. To get those items, you had to complete School Mode with a character to get their version of it. In this game, Hope Shards gets it. Which is why if you play your cards right, you can get it during the main gameplay.

(Ch. 3 murder victim spoiler.)
Which begs the question of why nobody questioned me when I had Ibuki's panties after she was murdered...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Welp, finished Trial 4.......& something still doesn't sit right with me concerning how the victim was killed. Obviously big Chapter 4 spoilers:

Mechamaru was able to withstand a BAZOOKA FACE-ON, both as a human & then once again as a robot but this time without barely a scratch, but a 3-story drop and hitting a pillar somehow kills him? If he was still human & that whole bazooka part didn't happen, I'd be more accepting since a human would've easily died from that drop & blunt force to the head. But a super-advanced robot that can withstand a bazooka? That just seems like...a lame way to kill off someone who was able to withstand something so powerful (TWICE, mind you) earlier in the chapter. Which is a shame because for the most part, the episode WAS done rather well.

Edit: So...that execution.
I feel like making some kind of Lion King reference.....though I guess it wasn't as bad as Case 3's?....I miss the ones from DR1...

pariah164

Welp, finished Trial 4.......& something still doesn't sit right with me concerning how the victim was killed. Obviously big Chapter 4 spoilers:

Mechamaru was able to withstand a BAZOOKA FACE-ON, both as a human & then once again as a robot but this time without barely a scratch, but a 3-story drop and hitting a pillar somehow kills him? If he was still human & that whole bazooka part didn't happen, I'd be more accepting since a human would've easily died from that drop & blunt force to the head. But a super-advanced robot that can withstand a bazooka? That just seems like...a lame way to kill off someone who was able to withstand something so powerful (TWICE, mind you) earlier in the chapter. Which is a shame because for the most part, the episode WAS done rather well.
Gravity is a bitch.

bigkrev

Edit: So...that execution.
I feel like making some kind of Lion King reference.....though I guess it wasn't as bad as Case 3's?....I miss the ones from DR1...
The same bazooka blast didn't even fully kill him when he was a human. It wasn't very strong, and now as a robot, he is very heavy, increasing the speed of his fall

ss-hikaru

Finished Chapter 1 onto Chapter 2! During the trial it freaked me out how Hajime's 'antenna' would wiggle when I chose a correct answer/truth bullet. Kind of annoyed they won't let me talk to
Nagito
, I don't care if
he's crazy/obsessive
I wanna be friends :(

Played the
arcade game that's the next motive
and totally felt the same way Hajime did XD

Hiyoko
to
Mikan
is pretty much Touko (did I get her name right?) to Asahina -_- Speaking of
Hiyoko
, the way she's latched onto
Mahiru
makes me feel like one of them (
more likely Mahiru
) has triggered a death flag :p

Oh jeez Chapter 5 complete, the crazy really kicks in.

Nagito you crazy, glorious bastard.

The trial was going so smoothly. Then they just kept talking about the particulars, and I got a sinking feeling when they mentioned how Nagito could have brought the poison there.

That execution scene really got to me. Chiaki trying to save the Monomies, only to have the last one crushed seconds before she is. :(

And... it was Tron all along?

Now... do I get a good night's rest or do I keep playing. ;_;

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OH GOD GUYS WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH CHAPTER 5
THE LOBBY BLEW UP AND THERE'S BOMBS AND NAGITO'S EVEN MORE CRAZY
ALL THIS HAPPENED AFTER MY FREE TIME.

Acid08

Banned
Ch. 4 Investigation

what am I supposed to do after getting the usb stick and trying to use it on the computer? I figured I should input a second password into the safe ala secret files in VLR but nothing is working.

Just finished Chapter 5. When I thought things were bad, they just became all screwed up. I feel like the devs just screwed up with my brain real hard LOL. I love this game. On to Chapter 6!

Ch. 4 Investigation

what am I supposed to do after getting the usb stick and trying to use it on the computer? I figured I should input a second password into the safe ala secret files in VLR but nothing is working.

You can either figure out the password from the flashing lights or just click on Monomi and the game will straight up tell you the password.

Acid08

Banned
You can either figure out the password from the flashing lights or just click on Monomi and the game will straight up tell you the password.
She just says "I wonder what we can use the USB stick on" and the light password is supposed to be 3122 right? Cuz that isn't working.

Top Bottom