• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

I played around 15-20 hours straight with small breaks in between, it was my free day and I wanted to finish it because I'm going to be really busy all week.

With destiny dropping today I don't think I will be able to play. Tomorrow is my off day from school, so I will finish Chapter 6 tmrw morning and then proceed to do homework. Back to back despair.

Necrovex

You are thinking of Makoto from Danganronpa 1 I think. Not sure, they could be the same guy though as this game is crazy.

Ah yes, you're right. I got Nagito mixed up with Makoto. This is mostly due Nagito being the 'ultimate lucky' and so focused on hope. He has to have some major connection to Makoto.

sub_o

Ah yes, you're right. I got Nagito mixed up with Makoto. This is mostly due Nagito being the 'ultimate lucky' and so focused on hope. He has to have some major connection to Makoto.

'Nagito Komaeda' = anagram of 'Makoto Naegi da'. In Japanese 'da' is like 'desu' but more informal and used often in male's speech. But just being anagram doesn't mean that Nagito has connection to Makoto, might be the developer just putting red herrings.

LiK

Good luck if one of them is Monomi's mini-game. Whoowee. The thing was freaking annoying.

I figured out a strategy for those annoying big guys when I completed it on Easy. Should be pretty quick on Normal/Hard with my upgrades. I didn't have much trouble with it after 2-3 tries.

Chapter 4 Spoilers
The Nagito controlling sequence was pretty great, especially that Russian Roulette bit. His character has grown on me, it helps a lot that he hasn't done that awful laugh all that much since the early parts of the game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Good luck if one of them is Monomi's mini-game. Whoowee. The thing was freaking annoying.
Is there a list of all the items to get from the mini-game? & I assume doing it all on Easy will still count for beating all the stages, right?

MSMrRound

I figured out a strategy for those annoying big guys

Well, if you need to remove their armor, don't forget you can jump on them in order to do so.

Is there a list of all the items to get from the mini-game? & I assume doing it all on Easy will still count for beating all the stages, right?

This guide lists the exact stage that you can earn certain items from. There's 20 types each for Staff, Head and Pants. Items are listed in order. Just auto-translate it and compare their locations to find out which ones you need.
http://danganronpa2084.wiki.fc2.com/wiki/魔法少女ミラクル★モノミ

Tidd

Chapter 5 trial

FUCK THIS GAME! :(
All the despair I'm feeling right now. Why? Chiaki was the last character I cared about. And of course she has to die.

DESPAIR!!! DESPAIR!!!!!! DESPAIR!!!!

MSMrRound

Chapter 5.
FUCK THIS GAME! :(

amcvholkwbcguuxpflo9.gif

Necrovex

'Nagito Komaeda' = anagram of 'Makoto Naegi da'. In Japanese 'da' is like 'desu' but more informal and used often in male's speech. But just being anagram doesn't mean that Nagito has connection to Makoto, might be the developer just putting red herrings.

I want to believe this will get as insane as Virtue's Last Reward.

pariah164

Getting some Trophies in this game is so damn annoying.
Namely, the pet and steps trophies. I get bored so quickly just walking around in island mode.

NotLiquid

I think I totally glitched the game (Chapter 4 spoilers)

When the girls let me sleep at the Grape House building, I go to through the lobby to reach my room. Then all of a sudden the room faded into white and I'm now walking around in an empty void of nothingness. If I turn the camera around I can occasionally see a pixeled Monokuma flickering and a "Keep Out" warning label if I pan the camera down a bit.

EDIT: Bringing up the map with triangle shows I'm literally locked into place in the center of the room and can only turn. Can't seem to fix it. This is really frustrating, I'm going to have to replay a deal of Chapter 4 to get to this area now.

LiK

Well, if you need to remove their armor, don't forget you can jump on them in order to do so.

This guide lists the exact stage that you can earn certain items from. There's 20 types each for Staff, Head and Pants. Items are listed in order. Just auto-translate it and compare their locations to find out which ones you need.

They have armor? Didn't even know that. I just keep circling them until they die. But I time where I put the circles.

MSMrRound

I think I totally glitched the game (Chapter 4 spoilers)

A few of us experienced that glitch. Try to save often whenever your game is in a stable state. Multi-saves if you have to.

They have armor? Didn't even know that. I just keep circling them until they die. But I time where I put the circles.

Yea those are the armored monobeasts. The big and bulky ones right? It's easy to miss the jumps. Look at Monomi's shadow and try to land it on them. Takes a few hits, but they should be slightly easier to kill (I recommend luring them to edge of screen if you can, so that you can jump from one to the other repeatedly)

Roto13

Has anyone posted a guide (or list, I guess) for how to get those special scenes that require you to have certain items at certain points of certain chapters? I have all of the items but I'd rather not replay the whole game and talk to everybody at every point in the story to unlock stuff. :p

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Has anyone posted a guide (or list, I guess) for how to get those special scenes that require you to have certain items at certain points of certain chapters? I have all of the items but I'd rather not replay the whole game and talk to everybody at every point in the story to unlock stuff. :p
Let me find it, I know MSMrRound posted one.

the only one i know of is talking to mahiru before the second breakfast on chapter 1

MSMrRound

Damaniel

Banned
Anyway guess I'll rate the minigames.

(from worst to best*)
WORST
Swords - Lots of screen swiping, it's easy to accidentally swipe the contradictions, choosing evidence swords is a fumbling experience.
Hangman's Gambit - Can get really cluttered, slow, once you know the solution it's just killing time until the right letters show up.
Logic Drive - Ehh? Okay I get what they were going for but..ehmm...I don't like it.
Rhythm-action - Once I got the system down it hasn't been difficult, just...not really interesting.
Bullets - It's basically the parts I enjoy most about Ace Attorney's game-play, but with some nuisance stuff.
BEST

I'd rate pretty similar to this, except I'd swap Logic Dive and the PTA events. I actually liked Logic Dive - it's a relatively low-complexity challenge that winds down the tension of the more complicated games (like that stupid sword dueling or the 'improved' (ha) Hangman's Gambit). And yes, swapping swords during the dueling and trying *not* to cut through the contradictory statement while wildly trying to chop through everything else just ended up being a pain in the ass. And don't even get me started on the Hangman's Gambit - nothing like waiting for 2-3 minutes for a letter to show up that you need, only to have it collide with yet another stupid 'T' just as it comes on screen. Ugh!

Yup, there we go. & they're rather easy to find, as they're all found before the Deadly Life of each chapter.

It's worth noting that you should buy/find the items needed in chapter 3 while in chapter 2, because the game locks you out of areas when those events pop up. I didn't know that and missed those scenes because of it.

MSMrRound

It's worth noting that you should buy/find the items needed in chapter 3 while in chapter 2, because the game locks you out of areas when those events pop up. I didn't know that and missed those scenes because of it.

You can always purchase items and presents via main screen->extra->vending machine/monomono yachine

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Need to ask a question about the ch6 investigation:
I couldn't find the last hidden monokuma doll. I looked up a guide that said the last one was in classroom 1A. I don't recall ever allowed entrance to it. Was that the first classroom I was in before reporting to the gym? Thanks.

This Monomi minigame is fucking weird!

Like I get it, but its just terrible. Run around in circles until win happens :/

Is this actually canon as to how Monomi got rid of the monobeasts?

Also, what the fuck are the other creatures meant to be?

The fuck is this mode?

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
No idea if this is known but when you go to the vending machine, then open the present list, then go back, the frame rate becomes unlocked until you open the menu. Weird.
Really liking the game though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Anyone got a pic of what Chiaki's room looks like?

& oh god, I think the real despair of Ch. 5 is not being able to play it for a while (might start the investigation tonight) and having your mind linger on who the killer is, then it keeps going back to the thought of "What if it's that ONE character you like? The one that managed to survive for so long? Wouldn't it be a shame if THEY were the killer?" & you try your best to hope that your gut is incorrect.

No idea if this is known but when you go to the vending machine, then open the present list, then go back, the frame rate becomes unlocked until you open the menu. Weird.
Really liking the game though.
Yeah, I've noticed that a few times. After I exit, the game becomes much smoother until I exit.

Roto13

Chapter 2 bonus scene:
Well, I always thought "Hiyoko is one of those annoying characters who looks like an 8-year-old, but at least they're not being creepy and gross with her." SO MUCH FOR THAT.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm not the only one that really like Rebuttal Showdown, right? That music.
I'd say out of the new mini-games, I can probably tolerate it the most along with Logic Dive (mainly since using the analog stick >>>>> touch screen 90% of the time). The music is indeed good, though.

Just met all the Ultimate Students. The chef one is creepy lol and the nurse one is so "I'm sorry *cries*" that I don't tolerate her. Everyone else is frickin' awesome, though. Already liking this cast more than the DR1 one.

Feep

Banned
Finished Chapter 2:

Both cases have done a great job of making me feel sympathy for the killer...poor Peko. = (

Also, Logic Dive was what.

Just met all the Ultimate Students. The chef one is creepy lol and the nurse one is so "I'm sorry *cries*" that I don't tolerate her. Everyone else is frickin' awesome, though. Already liking this cast more than the DR1 one.

Yup the whole cast is better than in the first one. In that one I only really cared for a few characters. In this one though? Pretty much all of them, for different reasons. All of them are memorable too and their personalities are just so well fleshed out.

20 types??? I'm only at 12..crap. How about the extra stage? I got a lot of random drops on that stage. Wouldn't it be available there?

Roto13

Yup the whole cast is better than in the first one. In that one I only really cared for a few characters. In this one though? Pretty much all of them, for different reasons. All of them are memorable too and their personalities are just so well fleshed out.

Except Mahiru. If they removed her from the game, I probably wouldn't notice.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That scene is made even better by the fact it's voiced. I'm seriously amazed at all the references in this game.

Top Bottom