• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Playing on mean difficulty and can't get past case 2's rebuttal showdown.

I need to slash five lines. First four take three cuts, last one five. But I only have 15 cuts! Am I missing a crucial skill?

Doesn't work here (they show up one at a time), but I've noticed sometimes one line takes only two hits. Anyone know how it works? I thought it might depend on the size of the area you slash, but it doesn't seem to work that way...

Ok, finally got through. All I could figure out is that sometimes a diagonal slash does extra damage. Geez that was tough.
If you slash in the same direction twice, slash in a different direction on the third strike for extra damage. It says so on the system mechanics page when you press select during the minigame.

Feep

Banned
Serious question, but despite voicing in the game, do you still not know the outcome of the game?

Also are you given the game for free when it officially comes out or did you have to purchase your own copy? XD
Chapter 1 Spoilers:
I knew I died in the first case. Not how or who did it, though.

FULL GAME SPOILERS:
I also know that fat me was an imposter, and the real me comes back at the end and says some cryptic shit.

But that's it. Largely, it's a very fresh experience.

And I had to pay. = (

(It's okay, it's a write-off)

darkziosj

Finished chapter 4

Why why why my favorite characters keep dying two of them in the same chapter and that execution was so goddamn sad

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Finally getting through the second half of Case 5.

DAMN, WTF Nagito?! This twist is insane. I both anticipate & fear the outcome of this trial.

Does stuff carry over for Island Mode? So do I really need a guide or can I just grind it and learn at my own pace?
I'm pretty sure your relationship level with everyone will transfer over, since it did with DR1's School Mode. I'd assume your Level from walking & examining stuff will transfer over as well?

AwShucks

I just recently beat the first game after waiting for it to drop for $32 on PSN a while ago. I was going to wait for this one to drop a bit as well but my buddy already started it and I didn't want to be left behind so I guess it'll be on my doorstep or in my mailbox on Friday :)

I'll play on the easiest setting probably. I don't mind the gameplay elements too much but I would prefer to breeze through them. Heard the Japanese voice cast is quite good and some names on there that I like so I'm not sure if I'll stick with English like I did for the first or go over to Japanese this time.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OH GOD.

Please don't do this to me, Case 5.

I wanted that feeling in my stomach to go away as I was figuring the case out, but it's coming back.

DON'T DO THIS, DR2.

Edit: ......
NOOOOOOOPPPPPPPEEEEEEE, STOP MAKING THAT GUT FEELING CORRECT. PLEASE DON'T MAKE THEM OUT AS THE KILLER.

Moonlight

Banned
OH GOD.

Please don't do this to me, Case 5.

I wanted that feeling in my stomach to go away as I was figuring the case out, but it's coming back.

DON'T DO THIS, DR2.

Edit: ......
NOOOOOOOPPPPPPPEEEEEEE, STOP MAKING THAT GUT FEELING CORRECT. PLEASE DON'T MAKE THEM OUT AS THE KILLER.
uJ3NZrY.gif

One more question from me too: does the item drops change depending on difficulty in Monomi minigame? Depending on stage?

Or should I just farm stage 1 on easy with leaf skirt equipped?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I don't think I got an answer yesterday. How do you unlock the last item in the Movie gallery? It's the one gallery item I don't have.
Did you read the IF novel? I hear there's one for fully reading.

Might need help on the final(?) argument for Case 5, but gonna grab some dinner & think it over first.

Roto13

Did you read the IF novel? I hear there's one for fully reading.

Might need help on the final(?) argument for Case 5, but gonna grab some dinner & think it over first.

Ah, I didn't even think about that novel. I'll dive into it later.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Alright, hint time again, please. I feel like I know it, but I can't figure it out (Trial 5, near the end).

I feel like it should be related to the fact Chiaki used the card reader first & either knowing or not knowing about the bombs, so I should use something like Monokuma's Account or memorize "cautious" or something against Sonia's "Me".

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out.

bobawesome

It's just a tumblr gif we all like to use.

I know. Despite not being able to post until March I was a huge lurker of the earlier Danganronpa OTs. That was just a thought that came to mind since I recently tried watching the anime and its art style seems like such a step back from the games.

Getting all of the items in Magical Girl Monomi is going to be terrible. The only item list I can find is in Japanese. Items only show up in specific levels on specific difficulties. :/

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/4132302-post9.html

I...I have to play more of that minigame for the platinum?

lana-sweating(a).gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Trial 5 completed.

2%28533%29.png

GOD....SON OF A DAMN.....

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

2%28519%29.png

Something in the back of my mind/gut kept thinking "What if it's Chiaki?" & I didn't want to believe it. Then the game went the suicide route & my hopes were raised, only to be destroyed. ALL OF MY HATRED TOWARDS NAGITO GAAAAAAHHHHHH. & she was SO CLOSE, one chapter away of being part of the group that survived & left the island. I figured she'd be the next Kirigiri considering how much she contributed to investigating & the trial at times. Easily the most emotional chapter for me out of both games. Even worse, it wasn't even on purpose. THAT JACKASS NAGITO....

THEN THE GAME SCREWS WITH ME AGAIN. You almost because useful, Monomi...I was thinking it'd be like Ch. 5 of DR1 & escaping the execution....but damn, her final speech....

& FOR A SECOND TIME, THE GAME MAKES ME THINK THEY SURVIVE. Just....I can't express how much this trial affect me...damn it.

bobawesome

Trial 5 completed.

2%28533%29.png

GOD....SON OF A DAMN.....

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

2%28519%29.png

Something in the back of my mind/gut kept thinking "What if it's Chiaki?" & I didn't want to believe it. Then the game went the suicide route & my hopes were raised, only to be destroyed. ALL OF MY HATRED TOWARDS NAGITO GAAAAAAHHHHHH. & she was SO CLOSE, one chapter away of being part of the group that survived & left the island. I figured she'd be the next Kirigiri considering how much she contributed to investigating & the trial at times. Easily the most emotional chapter for me out of both games. Even worse, it wasn't even on purpose. THAT JACKASS NAGITO....

THEN THE GAME SCREWS WITH ME AGAIN. You almost because useful, Monomi...I was thinking it'd be like Ch. 5 of DR1 & escaping the execution....but damn, her final speech....

& FOR A SECOND TIME, THE GAME MAKES ME THINK THEY SURVIVE.
1355618011216.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH CHAPTER 5.

WHY IS CHIAKI ALIVE?! I'M HAPPY, BUT CONFUSED.

& WHY IS THE WORLD GLITCHING, ESPECIALLY WHEN I EXAMINE COTTAGES.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
WOAH WOAH WOAH (more late Ch. 5 stuff)

Did they just reference the freakin' number from the first case from DR1?! But that would mean it was someone who was part of that trial...

Yes beat the game chapter 6 was weird as shit and everything was somewhat unexpected. Overall I enjoyed it very much but I'm feeling 1 as the more memorable game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My god....Chapter 6 is somehow gonna be even MORE insane, isn't it?

...OH CRAP I WAS RIGHT.
How the hell did Nagito get Junko's freakin' hand & then have it surgically replace his normal hand!?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
More Chapter 6 confusion.

Wait, "Ultimate Programmer"? But Chihiro is HOLY CRAP IT'S ALTER EGO

So will reading IF once I finish the game clear some stuff up? Or are we gonna have to wait for Another to (hopefully) get localized?

JNA

Banned
Chapter 1 Spoilers:
I knew I died in the first case. Not how or who did it, though.

FULL GAME SPOILERS:
I also know that fat me was an imposter, and the real me comes back at the end and says some cryptic shit.

But that's it. Largely, it's a very fresh experience.

And I had to pay. = (

(It's okay, it's a write-off)

Ah I see. Very interesting.

Even as a write-off, that still sucks to hear you still had to pay for a copy. :(

Damn it NISA! XD

Labrys

More Chapter 6 confusion.

Wait, "Ultimate Programmer"? But Chihiro is HOLY CRAP IT'S ALTER EGO

So will reading IF once I finish the game clear some stuff up? Or are we gonna have to wait for Another to (hopefully) get localized?

IF is a What If (nobody died) story of the first game, so I don't think it'd clear much up. You might be thinking of Dangan Ronpa Zero, which tells what happened before the events of the first game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
IF is a What If (nobody died) story of the first game, so I don't think it'd clear much up. You might be thinking of Dangan Ronpa Zero, which tells what happened before the events of the first game.
Ahh right, I mixed those two up. I wonder if like with IF, we'd get them included with Another, especially considering it takes place between the two.

Labrys

Ahh right, I mixed those two up. I wonder if like with IF, we'd get them included with Another, especially considering it takes place between the two.

It might. Best case scenario is we'd get the novels translated and released here, but that may be a bit of a long shot.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Maybe they'll include physical copies as a bonus for the Another LE?

Welp, time for the final trial. Let's see if it'll be as mind-blowing as the original game's.

BOTH ARE FINAL TRIAL SPOILERS.

Edit:
WELL HELLO MAKOTO. I'm still kind of surprised everyone's thought of "oh Nagito is totally Makoto" was wrong...especially since they have the same voice actor.

Edit 2:
OH GOD JUNKO IS BACK AND HER MULTIPLE PERSONALITIES AS WELL

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT THEY KILLED MY FAVORITE CHARACTER FUCK THIS GAME

I DON'T CARE WHAT FUCKING SOB STORY THE CULPRIT GIVES ME THIS TIME I'M BUYING MERCH OF THEM AND FUCKING DESTROYING IT WHOEVER THE FUCK IT WINDS UP BEING ADFAJDSFJL;DSAFDSJ;KL

CHAPTER 3 SPOILER:
(IBUKI IN CASE YOU WERE WONDERING)

Maybe they'll include physical copies as a bonus for the Another LE?

Welp, time for the final trial. Let's see if it'll be as mind-blowing as the original game's.

BOTH ARE FINAL TRIAL SPOILERS.

Edit:
WELL HELLO MAKOTO. I'm still kind of surprised everyone's thought of "oh Nagito is totally Makoto" was wrong...especially since they have the same voice actor.

Edit 2:
OH GOD JUNKO IS BACK AND HER MULTIPLE PERSONALITIES AS WELL

And her boobs too!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Close to the end of Trial 6.

So Hajima gained the transformation powers of Ishimaru? Hell yeah!

Finally, I can read the rest of the spoilers on here & join the spoiler thread tomorrow.

Top Bottom