• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

Chapter 1 finished. Wow, I am legit shook.

Written explanations of the minigames are really shitty. They should put something like a mock trial for practice.

So much despair.

Mazre

Wrapped up last night. Enjoyed it from start to finish and look forward to a sequel.(confirmed in production already yes?)

Will digest a little more and probably mosey on over to the spoiler thread.

LX_Theo

Banned
The cutting minigame is really shitty. The added mini games are all pretty bad honestly.
I played through entire game with Mean difficulty for both and I just can't understand this. Only time I didn't have fun with Rebuttal Showdown was when I was still trying to use touch controls early on.

PK Gaming

I played through entire game with Mean difficulty for both and I just can't understand this. Only time I didn't have fun with Rebuttal Showdown was when I was still trying to use touch controls early on.

Maybe it's because I was somewhat acquainted with the mechanics or maybe it's because I bought the fine sword & mood maker skills immediately, but I've always had fun with the Rebuttal Showdown.

It's so intense!

Moonlight

Banned
I liked Rebuttal Showdown a lot, actually. I thought it was a neat visualization of the whole debating process, and it was never hard to figure out what the game wanted me to do after a couple reruns. Thr first time was pretty overwhelming, admittedly! I still liked Logic Dive a lot more, though. Was really satisfying to nail those multiple choice paths and constantly gaining momentum as things started to get clearer was a really cool idea.

Really, the only minigame that I didn't like was Hangman's Gambit.

Viridian6

Finished Chapter 2. One thing that's bugging me:

How complicit was Fuyuhiko really? If he knew absolutely nothing about Peko's plan, why was he at the beach house at just the right time to confront Mahiru? It looks like he was in on at least the false letter part of the plan (and perhaps even the drugging of Hiyoko, given his non-reaction when Peko mentions it). Was he at least considering murdering Mahiru for revenge (and perhaps pinning the crime on Hiyoko) until Peko took the plan one step further?

Labrys

(unrelated but if anyone's feeling super thankful to me for making the Worlds Tastiest OT, i will accept super smash brothers 3ds demo codes :p)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

I did the same (Mean for both), and I actually enjoyed the Rebuttal Showdown because it conceptually makes sense in a Nonstop Debate setting for someone to question your logic aggressively.

The problem, like with most of the minigames, is that the game doesn't explain the mechanics well at all, which leads to frustration trying to figure it out in a time sensitive context.

I liked Rebuttal Showdown a lot, actually. I thought it was a neat visualization of the whole debating process, and it was never hard to figure out what the game wanted me to do after a couple reruns. Thr first time was pretty overwhelming, admittedly! I still liked Logic Dive a lot more, though. Was really satisfying to nail those multiple choice paths and constantly gaining momentum as things started to get clearer was a really cool idea.

Really, the only minigame that I didn't like was Hangman's Gambit.

Hangman's Gambit was the worst executed of the minigames, I thought. Logic Dive, while an okay minigame, really bothers me because the game isn't really congruent with the action.

For Nonstop Debate, shooting down white noise and firing off a point makes sense.
For Hangman's Gambit, you're jogging your memory through trial and error.
For Rebuttal Showdown, you're dueling with someone directly.
For Panic Attack, the other person won't listen to reason and you need to wear them down.

For Logic Dive, I don't see how the snowboarding minigame = logical connections?

XMOSqDD.jpg

Hanamura_%2812%29.png

Aww yiss I'm in dere! Kinda thinking about maybe going back to DR1 and platinuming that also (especially since there is no Magical Girl Monomi!). I was kinda burned out on it since I already completed the PSP import and mostly bought it to support the series and english VA. Completed it, enjoyed it again but didn't bother with School Mode ect.

elmars369

Unconfirmed Member
So I think I just fell through the map while exploring the 2nd floor of
Strawberry House
I just walked near the
giant teacup
and the game glitched. The map says I'm on the 2nd floor but I can see the
Strawberry Hall
on my right, so I must be on the 1st floor. I think I'm inside the
Final Dead Room
, I can't move and the ground under me is completely white... This happen to anyone?

OK no spoilers but thematically, I do not get my Gundham is called the ultimate Breeder. If it is not a spoiler, why is he called that? I think I get the rest of the reasons why people are called what they are called, but not him.

Is it all a mobile Suit Gundam Reference?

NotLiquid

So I think I just fell through the map while exploring the 2nd floor of
Strawberry House
I just walked near the
giant teacup
and the game glitched. The map says I'm on the 2nd floor but I can see the
Strawberry Hall
on my right, so I must be on the 1st floor. I think I'm inside the
Final Dead Room
, I can't move and the ground under me is completely white... This happen to anyone?

Happened to me, it's apparently a regular glitch. You can't do anything but reload your last save.

elmars369

Unconfirmed Member
Happened to me, it's apparently a regular glitch. You can't do anything but reload your last save.
I should have listened to Usami/
Monomi
and saved regularly :(
Time to hold circle for a couple of minutes...
Peff said:
Actually you can just open the map and teleport to a different point :p Or at least I was able to.
Didn't let me. Maybe you need to get a little further in the chapter to unlock teleporting.

Peff

OK no spoilers but thematically, I do not get my Gundham is called the ultimate Breeder. If it is not a spoiler, why is he called that? I think I get the rest of the reasons why people are called what they are called, but not him.

Because of the hamsters he has with him, which he brought up and disciplined.

Actually you can just open the map and teleport to a different point :p Or at least I was able to.

he's apparently very good in breeding and taking care of animals (except livestock that is).

I beat it two days ago and loved it. Need to wrap up Island Mode and IF, but not rushing it. I still have School Mode left in the original as well. Also have PW vs. Layton to beat as well. Too many releases in a week!

Just realized that I'm on chapter 5, which means one more murder. The only murder that hasn't happened yet was the one I had spoiled for me early in the game. The one that involves one of my favorite characters.

I don't want to finish the game. :(

Hopefully I read to too quick and got it wrong.

Also I love the 5th island theme.

Andy the cook

Neo Member
Hey, can some one answer a question I have about getting hope fragments from nagito. I've hung out 5 times with him, and I keep giving him presents he likes, but I've yet to get a hope fragment from him. I just finished chapter 3, So no spoilers please!

Labrys

Hey, can some one answer a question I have about getting hope fragments from nagito. I've hung out 5 times with him, and I keep giving him presents he likes, but I've yet to get a hope fragment from him. I just finished chapter 3, So no spoilers please!

If you didn't hang out with him once before Chapter 1's trial, he's unavailable for Hope Fragments the rest of the game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, either you'll have to go back to Chapter 1 or just wait until Island Mode.

Speaking of which, I don't know why, but it feels like it'll be less tedious than the one from DR1. Feels like the students are leveling up faster (granted, could be I'm just actually going in this time, knowing what to do) and I had much more of the relationships/hope fragments taken care of (heck, might get one of the character's island mode relationship maxed before the final day if I can find a guide or figure out the best locations & such).

AwShucks

Can anyone tell me real quick if you can switch between Japanese and English during the game? Or are you locked into your choice? I've seen the Japanese voice cast and there looked to be a lot of quality voice actors there so I was hoping to give both a try, preferably without having to restart the game.

EDIT: Well looked up some comparisons on youtube, starting with Japanese. I'll probably miss Monokuma's english but I'm generally not listening to all of the dialogue anyways (read much faster than the audio plays).

Can anyone tell me real quick if you can switch between Japanese and English during the game? Or are you locked into your choice? I've seen the Japanese voice cast and there looked to be a lot of quality voice actors there so I was hoping to give both a try, preferably without having to restart the game.

EDIT: Well looked up some comparisons on youtube, starting with Japanese. I'll probably miss Monokuma's english but I'm generally not listening to all of the dialogue anyways (read much faster than the audio plays).

if you start from the chapter menu you can change the language.

Labrys

I was...naughty and before chapter 3's trial I went back and completed a bunch of freetime events for the abilities they give. I'm gonna start the trial tonight, though.

Tizoc

In the final part of Ch. 4
Aww Gundam already? Well as much as I want it to be a suicide, I think Gundam simply helped Nekomaru even though he tried to stop him

Wichu

In the final part of Ch. 4
Aww Gundam already? Well as much as I want it to be a suicide, I think Gundam simply helped Nekomaru even though he tried to stop him

Yeah,
that's been the 'fairest' death so far. I don't think there was really a 'victim' in this case, just two killers - only one of whom succeeded. I liked both of them, but I can't be angry at their deaths. They knew what they were in for.

I wish I could say the same about some of the other chapters :(

EDIT:

9XoVneS.png

Pixel art is fun (the pixel-ception hairclip was tricky). I was thinking of using a new avatar anyway, so I'll switch to this for a while once it's finished.

EDIT 2:

oMRDLHH.png

Done. Back to playing :)

Necrovex

Stuck in chapter 2. Any help will be appreciated.

figuring out the murder weapon used in the Twilight Murder game. Been spamming objections but I can't deduce it.

Tizoc

Just finished Ch. 4's Trial
Gundham took it LIKE AN OVERLORD!
There they were, the wild untamed beasts charging before Gundham, BUT HE DID NOT BAT AN EYE!
HE COMPLETED THE CONTRACT WITH THE PETS OF HEAVEN AND ASCENDED!
I nearly shed a tear when he put aside his DARK DEVAS OF DESTRUCTION...that's too much GAF.

Wichu

Just finished Ch. 4's Trial
Gundham took it LIKE AN OVERLORD!
There they were, the wild untamed beasts charging before Gundham, BUT HE DID NOT BAT AN EYE!
HE COMPLETED THE CONTRACT WITH THE PETS OF HEAVEN AND ASCENDED!
I nearly shed a tear when he put aside his DARK DEVAS OF DESTRUCTION...that's too much GAF.

Chapter 4 ending spoilers:
yeah, Gundham is such a boss. I'm not even angry that he died, though he's one of my favourite characters - that's how awesome his trial and punishment were.

Also I just I'm the third fourth person with a Chiaki avatar on this page. I should probably have chosen someone else to pixel. At some point I might do Nagito and/or Gundham.
You all have good taste in favourite characters.

I'm in Chapter 6, and I love seeing what happens :D It's the second time I see the end of the story, but I can't help but be amazed by the revelations.
You may know what happens, it still does wonders \o/

Chapter 4 ending spoilers:
yeah, Gundham is such a boss. I'm not even angry that he died, though he's one of my favourite characters - that's how awesome his trial and punishment were.

Also I just I'm the third fourth person with a Chiaki avatar on this page. I should probably have chosen someone else to pixel. At some point I might do Nagito and/or Gundham.
You all have good taste in favourite characters.

I love that you went with ticked off Chiaki. Seriously, annoyed Chiaki is the most adorable thing ever.

Yasumi

Banned
This is by far the most obtuse thing I've come across so far. I think it's the only time I've had to look up the solution. Seriously, fuck that part.
It's funny, I got that fairly quickly due to
realizing that having the swimsuit as evidence must mean it had some significance, and the weapon being unorthodox
. The one that got me stuck? *Chapter 3 spoilers*
Frayed rope -> someone's lying to us.
That just seemed so duh, I didn't even bother to try it until Google told me otherwise.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This is by far the most obtuse thing I've come across so far. I think it's the only time I've had to look up the solution. Seriously, fuck that part.
Seriously, I think I've seen about 4-ish people ask about that part. Even I had to look it up (though granted, it did click with me when I saw the solution), because I kept thinking (ch. 2 spoilers)
it had something to do with the fish tank being broken. That would've been a heavy enough object to hit/slam someone with and explain how it broke.

Isotope

Aw man,
not Nekomaru! I was beginning to love him as a robot. Now who will dispense soda and tea from their eyes? WHO?! ;_;
(Chapter 4 spoilers)

bobawesome

Just started Chapter 5. Unless if these last chapters are terrible, this game is definitely GOTY 2014 for me so far.

Spoilers (not really):
They're the best part of the game.

A lot of people seem to have had issues with this part. Odd since I got it right away. So many other things had me stumped, though.
Take the [Chapter 4 spoilers]
Othello puzzle in the Final Dead Room, for example. I'm still not entirely sure on the solution, even after having someone in the spoiler thread explain it to me after beating the game.

Top Bottom