• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

LX_Theo

Banned
(Danganronpa 1 spoilers and Chapter 3 (in DR2) spoilers)
This was kinda tricky for me in the first game where you have to nail the biker dude on him knowing the color of Chihiro's gym uniform (or something like that). As for this case, nothing seems particularly odd about the first three things she brings up (the hemp bag, hospital gown, and slippers are all pretty plain-to-see). Probably something with the differing body types/camera angle/candle lighting.

I suppose my best guess at this point is in her knowledge of how similar the conference room is to the stage, where the black curtain would probably be most relevant.

Extra Hint:
The previous one in the first game was more about what they said earlier that gave it away. This one is about what she's saying in the nonstop debate that she shouldn't know.

Bigger hint:
Its a subject that she has no reason to use as an excuse unless she was part of making the video. Hajime didn't talk about it at all and it wasn't brought up at all before. I believe you need to take the mistake comment and shoot it at it.

Answer Hint:
She shouldn't know anything about the angle the video was filmed at. Her trying to use it as evidence for her defense is damning.

pariah164

...well, I can live with that.
Mioda_%285%29.png

Yahoo~ Awesome!

Sure thing, I'll get right on it. Did you have a particular sprite you wanted?

I was reppin' Akane with the black and white background before, but I had to switch to my main man Gundam because he's just that awesome.
Awesome! Thanks man! :D It's this one:
And yeah, Gundam is one of my favorite characters so far.
So far Teruteru is my favorite character out of everyone. Dude is just too wild lol.
He's way too creepy in a funny and weird way. lol I'm not sure what to think of him haha

Wazzy

Banned
Just started and so far the changes are nice. I like the characters I've met so far and things are already interesting.

LX_Theo

Banned
'ere you are, guv'na.

WAwTZrI.jpg
Woot! Thanks a lot!

No offense to you Scrafty, but something about the picture quality seems... off. I'm not sure what you did to resize it, but I think I see a lot of little blurriness you'd normally see from the proportions being changed slightly during resizing.

Threw one together myself, I think I avoided whatever caused it. Use it if you'd like, Miguel.

DNSHwJs.png

Imouto

Banned
So just started the game and got to the part
where Monokuma unveils everyone has lost their school memories. Him talking about hearing this story before had me rolling.
So far Teruteru is my favorite character out of everyone. Dude is just too wild lol.

The game is great in poking fun at anime tropes. And it does skillfully.

Akibared

Just finished Chapter 5
fuck you Danganronpa I was sure Chiaki had plot armor losing waifus if the worst feeling in the world... ;_;

One yes/no question I would like to have spoiled:

Is Hiyoko going to die?

I absolutely hate her. She is the most annoying character of the two games and yes that includes Toko....

Labrys

One yes/no question I would like to have spoiled:

Is Hiyoko going to die?

I absolutely hate her. She is the most annoying character of the two games and yes that includes Toko....

Answered this in a PM.

Also addressed the Chapter 4 glitches in the OP, and updated the Monokuma Doll guide!

Guess I just ordered this...

The sunglasses from the LE are actually of a better quality than what I expected. Already played both titles on PSP but I'm going to replay D2 with the English dub, see how it holds up....

Enjolras

Neo Member
End of Chapter 4 spoilers:
Such despair. Why'd it have to be Gundham? And the way he did it... and that punsihment. Ugh. Never had this feeling from the first game when it came to characters. This game is cruel. And I love it.

Chapter 5 murder spoilers:
Well, I saw this coming. Not in the way that it was obvious as such, but he knew waaaay too much (like Byakuya) and the title of the chapter was all about Hope so of course it would be him. I'm gonna miss that bastard. Need to finish this game quickly so I can read all the spoilers and get to School Trip mode!

Tizoc

Just made to the pre-trial preparations for Ch. 5. At work now, gonna spend the rest of my night trying to finish it.

NotLiquid

Guess I just ordered this...

The sunglasses from the LE are actually of a better quality than what I expected. Already played both titles on PSP but I'm going to replay D2 with the English dub, see how it holds up....

I've had this one ordered for some time. Been delayed a bunch of times though because Phat is unreliable at keeping deadlines.

salromano

Welp, (Ch. 4 spoiler)
Mechamaru was just murdered
. Can't say I'm too unhappy about it.
Given that wasn't human anymore, it felt like he's been dead for a while now.

Tizoc

Welp, (Ch. 4 spoiler)
Mechamaru was just murdered
. Can't say I'm too unhappy about it.
Given that wasn't human anymore, it felt like he's been dead for a while now.

...but
he was as energetic as when he was human. Plus he could dispenses cola from his eyes!

LX_Theo

Banned

bobawesome

Really glad that people like this game, hopefully this is a sign for Uchikoshi to start thinking about ZE3 again.

Both games are popular overseas, but the problem with ZE is that hardly anyone in Japan buys it, so it's hard getting Japanese companies to pay up to make more.

You can kinda see the disparity reflected in the amount of merch for both series... kinda sucks, I love them both.

Slightly delayed, but my review for Cubed3 just went live - 9/10. If you wanted to add to the OP, you're more than welcome!

Love these games so much.

Super major last chapter spoilers:

Chiaki ;___;

And then Junko! Love Junko, and her AI appearance brought a big smile back. But hearing again that she's 100% dead still hurts :( And the mutilating of her body and shit... Damn :/

I still thought there would be more to Nagito with his name being an anagram of Makoto's -- expected some relationship between the two more than their talent and name. The Danagronpa wiki says the naming was coincidence? Get out.

Don't think some characters and executions were as impacting as DR1, but still great characters overall. Was sad when Ibuki and Mahiru got bumped off. Same with Nagito in the end - I flitted back and forth with my feelings for him, but I really liked him a lot in the end. Crazy guy. But I guess the reality is they're not all actually dead - just comatose. Still a chance they'll come back, although there's part of me that wishes killings were permanent like in DR1. Maybe they'll go back to that for DR3 (please make DR3).

bobawesome

I still thought there would be more to Nagito with his name being an anagram of Makoto's -- expected some relationship between the two more than their talent and name. The Danagronpa wiki says the naming was coincidence? Get out.

Coincidence? Maybe it was actually...luck.

a3d.gif

Yep. Creepy as hell, too. You can read more about it here:

http://www.paradisehotel51.com/k7sin/moonlight1.htm

screenshot20130128at111.png

They also lead into the stories of The Silver Case and Killer7.

screen-shot-2013-10-23-at-10-05-30-pm.png

Vermillion did some translating of Chapter 1 here too:
http://izzeybee.wordpress.com/2013/10/07/1-prologue-プロローグ/
Thank you, I'll check this out now.

sub_o

Slightly delayed, but my review for Cubed3 just went live - 9/10. If you wanted to add to the OP, you're more than welcome!

Love these games so much.

Super major last chapter spoilers:

Chiaki ;___;

And then Junko! Love Junko, and her AI appearance brought a big smile back. But hearing again that she's 100% dead still hurts :( And the mutilating of her body and shit... Damn :/

Don't think some characters and executions were as impacting as DR1, but still great characters overall. Was sad when Ibuki and Mahiru got bumped off. Same with Nagito in the end - I flitted back and forth with my feelings for him, but I really liked him a lot in the end. Crazy guy. But I guess the reality is they're not all actually dead - just comatose. Still a chance they'll come back, although there's part of me that wishes killings were permanent like in DR1. Maybe they'll go back to that for DR3 (please make DR3).

Congrats! If you're interested, there's a Spoiler OT where we discuss many different small details, e.g.
Fuyuhiko's eyepatch = where he 'transplanted' Junko's eye into

MSMrRound

This makes me so happy you have no idea. Is there any info on AE getting localized for the US?

Other than the Danganronpa:AE posters scattered in the game, other than counting on voice actors to accidentally leak that they are involved in Another Episode like Kyle Herbert did for Danganronpa 2 (sorry Kyle!), NISA will be in denial until it's officially announced. So we will need to wait for them to do so.

If you can read Chinese though, SCEJA (Sony Japan-Asia) will most probably announce a localization of it in Chinese at the upcoming TGS conference that they are going to have for the Asian market. If I'm not last year they announced DR 1 and 2 in Chinese, which came out earlier than the English version. E.g Chinese version of Goodbye Despair was already available back in Feburary. I might just grab that if it's confirmed...will have to wait and see.

Top Bottom