• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I recall sales of the first game were rather decent, especially in terms of pre-orders (which is probably why the sequel was confirmed not long after the first game's release), so hopefully now that the game has some new fans (like myself), DR2 will have sales similar or better.

....& I will also most likely pre-order the AE LE because I've done it with DR1 & 2.

Wichu

Ugh, Nagito is just as much a pain to draw as he is in the game. I don't think this turned out as well as the other two, but at least I nailed the hair!

7fvJ1IE.png

All three of my favourite characters are now done:

du5x6y7.png
4caXQlM.png
gFJzzZK.png

Also fuck pixeling hands.

EDIT: Fixed the face a little bit.

EDIT 2: Gave Gundham a couple of touch-ups too.

MSMrRound

(which is probably why the sequel was confirmed not long after the first game's release)

Kyle Hebert (voice actor) let the cat out of the bag though.

http://www.japanator.com/danganronpa-2-accidentally-confirmed-for-localisation--31517.phtml

He voices Souda in the game (you might also know him as Street Fighter's Ryu, Fire Emblem Awakening's Frederick etc). After the release of Trigger Happy Havoc, he thought that was the game he was in, and made an announcement that he's voicing Souda on Twitter. People were like, "isn't Souda from the second game? OMG localization confirmed!"

Some sites were quick to take a screenshot of his tweet, which was later quickly deleted.

NISA then soon announced DR2. Coincidence? *wink wink nudge nudge*

http://www.japanator.com/danganronpa-2-accidentally-confirmed-for-localisation--31517.phtml

He voices Souda in the game (you might also know him as Street Fighter's Ryu, Fire Emblem Awakening's Frederick etc). After the release of Trigger Happy Havoc, he thought that was the game he was in, and made an announcement that he's voicing Souda on Twitter. People were like, "isn't Souda from the second game? OMG localization confirmed!"

Some sites were quick to take a screenshot of his tweet, which was later quickly deleted.

Damn, hope NISA weren't too hard on him for that. Probably should have better known his own game and when it was coming out, but an honest mistake.

Busaiku

So they got the twist of the 1st game outta the way. Glad they didn't keep it in store, despite retreading old ground.
Wonder what they have in store this time.

bobawesome

Ugh, Nagito is just as much a pain to draw as he is in the game. I don't think this turned out as well as the other two, but at least I nailed the hair!

7fvJ1IE.png

du5x6y7.png
z6VqVod.png
gFJzzZK.png

Nice job, they all look amazing. Do you have a Deviantart page or something?

Tizoc

Is there a Q&A like thing similar to the Zero Escape series? Rather interested in knowing how they came up with the design and concept for Monokuma.

hohoXD123

Just finished the game. It was good, very good. Actually quite enjoyed the plot twists at the end, just wish they threw some more hints
about Hajime being Izuru throughout the game instead of just mentioning it in the final chapter (and hinting at it with Gundham apparently?)

Yasumi

Banned

Time to start analyzing everything Amanda C. Miller and Erin Fitzgerald say on Twitter for possible AE hints.

Jintor

Finally broke, grabbed it, will probably go over my metered phone internet for the month but WORTH IT. still in chapter one, having a great time.

Qblivion

So I think my game is broken. In the chapter 4 investigation phase
in the first room of the escape game and I am trying to use the USB drive on the computer but nothing is happening. The cursor doesn't even change to show that the laptop is selectable. What am I doing wrong?

Busaiku

I figured Byakuya would be the 1st to go. Also thought Teruteru would be early too. I accidentally spoiled myself on some stuff about Nagito. Thankfully not too much. Did not expect him to go psycho this early.

New Hangman and PTA are awful.

in the first room of the escape game and I am trying to use the USB drive on the computer but nothing is happening. The cursor doesn't even change to show that the laptop is selectable. What am I doing wrong?
Have you selected the USB drive from your items? The cursor should change into the drive.

I think you press Triangle to select it to 'Use' it?

Qblivion

Have you selected the USB drive from your items? The cursor should change into the drive.

Yes, I am pressing triangle on the USB drive and X on the laptop. Nothing happens and the image of the USB drive doesn't get larger to show that it is interactable like it does on other clickable objects. Nothing happens when I try to to click the laptop with no item selected either

Yes, I am pressing triangle on the USB drive and X on the laptop. Nothing happens and the image of the USB drive doesn't get larger to show that it is interactable like it does on other clickable objects. Nothing happens when I try to to click the laptop with no item selected either
Do you have all the items? And what does Monomi say when you talk to her?

Qblivion

Do you have all the items? And what does Monomi say when you talk to her?

I have Wire made from coat hanger, pliers, scissors, usb drive, cammera with batteries and batteries. Monomi says "Is there something we can use the USB stick on? I just want to stick into it things [sic], like a laptop...

I have Wire made from coat hanger, pliers, scissors, usb drive, cammera with batteries and batteries. Monomi says "Is there something we can use the USB stick on? I just want to stick into it things [sic], like a laptop...
Well, that's weird. Have you tried saving and reloading. (In a different slot.) If that doesn't work, you could try using the shortcut. (Check the bars, and Monomi will offer to let you skip the game.)

And just to be sure, you're checking the laptop by the blinking numbered panel right?

Qblivion

Well, that's weird. Have you tried saving and reloading. (In a different slot.) If that doesn't work, you could try using the shortcut. (Check the bars, and Monomi will offer to let you skip the game.)

And just to be sure, you're checking the laptop by the blinking numbered panel right?

Yeah, saved, reloaded, rebooted vita. I was able to click on the laptop before I had the usb stick. Oh, and the bars blocking the door to the next room aren't clickable either -_-

Yeah, saved, reloaded, rebooted vita. I was able to click on the laptop before I had the usb stick. Oh, and the bars blocking the door to the next room aren't clickable either -_-
Do you have a save from before you entered the room? If not, I don't know what else to say. You might have to restart the chapter. (Though I think there are certain checkpoints you can skip to when you restart a chapter.)

Edit:
One more thing, can you still access the other number panel? The one you can manipulate? If so, I could give you the solution to that, since you need to use it again to finish the room.

Do you have a save from before you entered the room? If not, I don't know what else to say. You might have to restart the chapter. (Though I think there are certain checkpoints you can skip to when you restart a chapter.)

Why not use the special scene skipping thing NISA put into that particular sequence? The puzzles in that room aren't really all that good. Also, you won't miss anything funny or cool.

Qblivion

Edit:
One more thing, can you still access the other number panel? The one you can manipulate? If so, I could give you the solution to that, since you need to use it again to finish the room.

No save, so I am just starting over from the start of the investigation phase. and I was able to examine the panel but it wouldn't let my try to solve it or anything.

No save, so I am just starting over from the start of the investigation phase. and I was able to examine the panel but it wouldn't let my try to solve it or anything.
Ah, that's too bad. At least it won't take long to get back there. I'd make a back-up save though this time to be safe.

suzu

7fvJ1IE.png

du5x6y7.png
4caXQlM.png
gFJzzZK.png

EDIT 2: Gave Gundham a couple of touch-ups too.

These are great! Nice job. :D

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Phew, just got the final items for the Monomi mini-game. Having a guide helped and equipping the grass skirt seemed to help as well. No where near as tedious as I feared it'd be, especially in comparison to Island Mode.

Phew, just got the final items for the Monomi mini-game. Having a guide helped and equipping the grass skirt seemed to help as well. No where near as tedious as I feared it'd be, especially in comparison to Island Mode.

Link to guide, please? :)

Is there a solid guide for the hidden Monokumas, too? Ones I've seen are rough JP-EN translations, and I'm struggling with my last one in Ch. 4, I think it is.

Strawberry house during investigation. Not sure if it's Ch. 4 or 5.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This guide pretty much has EVERYTHING. Trials, relationships, Island Mode, Monomi mini-game, pets, monokuma dolls,etc.

FYI, the trial guide is done decently so while it won't hide any of the things that you need to shoot in the trials, it does hide who you need to select in terms of who committed the crime. Just a warning if you haven't finished the game yet but want to check the other stuff.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Uh, so playing DR2 and I just entered a building only for the game to show the building in the background and play the BGM like it's frozen. Any idea what's going on?

Viridian6

New Hangman and PTA are awful.

Thought PTA was an improvement over the DR1 version, as you can just hold square to lock on to multiple targets now. Case Closing Argument is also a considerable improvement over its previous version.

Didn't really care for the sword game at first but it's growing on me now. I think we can all agree that (Improved) Hangman is ridiculous.

For me, the appeal of Rebuttal Showdown is just cool from a presentation perspective. Gives the other students a bigger role and just makes things more involved overall by giving other people the opportunity to point out contradictions.

For me, the appeal of Rebuttal Showdown is just cool from a presentation perspective. Gives the other students a bigger role and just makes things more involved overall by giving other people the opportunity to point out contradictions.

I hated at first and I still think it's more interesting in concept than execution, but it grew on me. Logic Drive is the mini-game I don't understand. It's pointless filler, a complete waste of time. The questions asked in it are so ridiculously obvious that I never even picked a wrong answer and I'm hardly some savant at figuring out these cases. You could get rid of all the logic drive sequences and replace it with normal Hajime dialogue and miss nothing, and the trials would be better paced for it.

jrcbandit

I hated PTA the most, I never figured it out. Thank goodness for the Focus Gauge - at least it makes it so you can button mash to solve the PTA events.

Solved the game and loved the ending. Not sure if I am going to play Island Mode or the Monomi game, although I'd like to learn more about the characters/Hope fragments. Didn't seem like there were as many Free Time events as the first game.

Uhhhm so was there an explanation missing during the chapter 3 trial?

Why did Mikan arrange the murder like this? And what's with the missing 3rd 'disassembled' victim? Does this get resolved or is it a plot hole?

I hope this last bit is not a spoiler for chapter 4. I mean...it would be a bit too obvious if Nekumaru was the victim because someone disassembles and kills him.

Chapter 3 trial is my favorite so far.

I too doubted for a second that it was possible for Mikan to murder someone and the reason for her motive is quite interesting as well.

And Hiyoko died. God i hated her.

Top Bottom