• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

Finished chapter 2 yesterday. Pretty good twist there at the end.

Now going to the supposedly from what I read, worst chapter in the game. I hope is not worst because someone of the really cool character dies or assassinates and only becuase its boring.

almost done with island mode finally. completed usami mini game already. three more trophies to platinum (all gallery, no damage, monokuma dolls)!

chapter 5 OMGWTFBBQ...

I wasn't wrong, but seriously...

If this had been on my seriously messed up PSP, I would be wondering if the first couple of surprises was my handheld or the game itself...

hohoXD123

Now going to the supposedly from what I read, worst chapter in the game. I hope is not worst because someone of the really cool character dies or assassinates and only becuase its boring.

Actually thought Chapter 4 was worse though. Having said that, all the chapters were very enjoyable, there wasn't a single one which I found boring and wanted to end ASAP, so I wouldn't read too much into which chapter is worst.

I'm playing this game and i hate it.

I mean i love it ..love the cast , love the jokes , love the easter eggs
love the music ..but i love the entire cast.. seeing them die is SO painfull DAMN IT
Anyway i guess i must continue.

Finished the game. Chapter 5 and 6 were absolutely crazy and despair inducing. So many feels.

Great game but fuck the later "Improved" Hangman Gambits. The PTA was also bad but with the right skills I could just use fever time to destroy all shields.

Great cast of characters. Now towards the spoiler thread.

Trigger

Eh, Chapter 3 is pretty solid. The fourth chapter was easily my least favorite, probably in the whole series.

Now that I've finished the game I can safely enter both threads.

Great game but fuck the later "Improved" Hangman Gambits. The PTA was also bad but with the right skills I could just use fever time to destroy all shields.

Improved Hangman's Gambit was just terrible all together. It's the worst part of the game.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Good grief this class trial in Chapter 2 is pissing me off. What
is the weapon used to kill the high school girl in the game?
None of these choices make any sense.

LX_Theo

Banned

Gravel in the swimsuit like a bag.
Yeah, not many people seem to get that on their own.

Trigger

Swimsuit --> gravel. No that really doesn't make much sense, but whatevs.

EDIT- Beaten like an Ultimate Baseball Star.

Imouto

Banned
It's funny that I've seen people stuck at that part most of the time when I got it easily, while I got stuck at some of the easiest place of the game.

Chris R

Chpt 3 Investigation:
Ah man, the deaths this time suuuuuuuck :( Not that Chpt 2 had a good death :(

Just hope the case isn't so easy to determine like Chpt 2

dkoy

Just finished the game.

Case 1:
omg Byakuya died?! Jeeeesus Nagito's a psycho

Case 2:
surprised that I actually felt something for Fuyuhiko and Peko at the end considering how late the twist was revealed. Well done writer-san

Case 3:
NOOOOO NOT IBUKI! and Saiyonji. WTF Mikan I really liked you D:

Case 4:
Mechamaru best. Aaaaaand he's gone. Was hoping they wouldn't pull another Ishimaru on us. Gundham/Mehamaru reason to fight was great though. Also Nagito, you're a fucking psycho.

Case 5:
I suspected Sonia throughout the case. And then came the killing twist. And then I cried inside when Chiaki was voted. Fuck you Nagito

Case 6:
What did my game snort to get so high that it reached Mars? Jesus that's one dark twist, did not expect the "you are the killers" route. Oh hey it's Junko, though I kinda expected that for some reason. And then DR1 characters came in. Execution was brilliant for the last parts

Epilogue:
Sooo...... I know they're hoping for a miracle and all but my first thoughts were for Mikan and Nagito. I mean, Nagito died trying to kill everyone and Mikan is... well....

DR IF:
Didn't know what Mukuro was like, but didn't expect her to be so dependant on Junko. Was pretty cool though

Man, what a ride this was. And, dare I say it, Mikan
pre-despair brainwashing
is best girl.
Though despair Mikan is ok too.

I'm one trophy away from the Platinum, the "watch every ending in island mode" trophy, which will be time consuming but easy.

I now remember why I stopped hunting for trophies years ago, waste of time but I really love Danganronpa 2 so I'm making an exception.

need some help with unlockables. i ned the 2 events after
the three who look back
and the very last movie. i know one of the events is an item event but not sure of the other one.

help me obi wan hajime. you're my only hope.

The final movie is from the novel, Danganronpa IF, you need to read it all.

I'm one trophy away from the Platinum, the "watch every ending in island mode" trophy, which will be time consuming but easy.

I now remember why I stopped hunting for trophies years ago, waste of time but I really love Danganronpa 2 so I'm making an exception.

The final movie is from the novel, Danganronpa IF, you need to read it all.

thank you sir. how many endings are there in island mode?

MSMrRound

thank you sir. how many endings are there in island mode?

If you want that "View all island mode ending" thing, you can only max Usami love gauge with 5 characters per run, so you might be looking at 4 runs of Island Mode or so, since you might need the first one to raise some mining/cleaning levels for your characters. You need to view ending for all characters (max love gauge+complete Usami assignment, so that you can have the option to talk to the character you maxed your love gauge with to view their Island Mode endings).

dani_dc

Chapter 2

Bah Mahiru is dead, suspected it would be a female after two males in chapter 1, but was hoping it'd be someone more boring like Sonia. I was curious about Mahiru. Ah well.

galvenize

Thinking about it, Nagito is a fanatic of hope, more than that,
he died for the sake of hope
and yet,
Junko still managed to turn him to the dark side. That's crazy yo.
I'm sure most of you noticed but Nagito Komae(da) is
an anagram for Naegi Makoto, I seriously thought he was him at first since they were both the Ultimate Luck student.

Tizoc

and yet,
an anagram for Naegi Makoto, I seriously thought he was him at first since they were both the Ultimate Luck student.

Yeah I considered
the anagram since his name just seemed suspicious to me especially with him being the Ultimate Lucky Student

galvenize

If you want that "View all island mode ending" thing, you can only max Usami love gauge with 5 characters per run, so you might be looking at 4 runs of Island Mode or so, since you might need the first one to raise some mining/cleaning levels for your characters. You need to view ending for all characters (max love gauge+complete Usami assignment, so that you can have the option to talk to the character you maxed your love gauge with to view their Island Mode endings).

Do I have to complete all the assignments to view a character's ending? Or is the love gauge and the hope fragments for one character enough?

and yet,
Anagram was one of the first things I noticed about him, aside from similar voice, similar clothes and same talent. Was kinda disappointed there was nothing more to him and Makoto than what is seemingly coincidence. I mean, there was part of me thinking he was Makoto at some points. I still feel like there is more to learn about him.

Do I have to complete all the assignments to view a character's ending? Or is the love gauge and the hope fragments for one character enough?

AFAIK you need to complete the assignments. Tho they become very easy once you get the tools+few levels and mass produce the item that heals everyone. At the end I'm just skipping the days by having everyone sleep/clean.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yes, you gotta complete the assignments to get more trip tickets. If you complete each one, you should be able to get 5 character endings for each playthrough. Your first time, though, focus on getting everyone leveled up and have a few people be your cleaners.

At the rate I'm at, it'll take me 2 more playthroughs (got 6 endings so far, was lucky & got Chiaki's during my first), totaling 4. I don't know why, but it feels like it's easier than School Mode in DR1. Maybe it's because I was actually able to make 1/2 the stuff on my first playthrough instead of just the first item & that was it.

MSMrRound

To beat Island Mode, you need all Hope Fragments gathered and possibly last assignment finished (just to be safe).

Try to finish the assignments though..you need those trip tickets that Usami usually reward you with.

Be sure to use trip tickets for the 5 characters you want to max out the love gauge with (you can check your level by talking to Usami)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Last assignment doesn't need to be completed (compared to DR1's School Mode. Hmm, perhaps another reason why Island Mode feels easier), as I wasn't able to do it, but still got Chiaki's ending.

Mid chapter 4 trial and I can say this is my least favourite chapter by a country mile.

I see what they were going for but it drags on forever.

This and
I want to kill Nagito including his annoying trial VA.

Trigger

Mid chapter 4 trial and I can say this is my least favourite chapter by a country mile.

I see what they were going for but it drags on forever.

This and
I want to kill Nagito including his annoying trial VA.

I agree.

Everything about the Fun house discussion just feels like filler for the trial segment.

Ended up just going through chapter 6 directly after completing chapter 5.

I'm a wreck.
Just gonna wait for a guide or something for Island mode. My brain is too numb for this crafting whatever crud.

Beat the game last night.

Chapter 5 and 6 were crazy.

I loved the Zero Escape reference in Chapter 4.

Improved Hangman's Gambit was the worst gameplay mechanic for me.

Island Mode comes next, though I'm still missing one ribbon from the Usami Mode.

The victims for Chapters 1,2,3,4 were despair inducing for me. As were the deaths of the killers from Chapter 2, 4, and 5.

Volcynika

AFAIK you need to complete the assignments. Tho they become very easy once you get the tools+few levels and mass produce the item that heals everyone. At the end I'm just skipping the days by having everyone sleep/clean.

Yeah, my later runs were spending free days (after I had completed items required) making Jabba Hot Pots! The best. NO SLEEP FOR ANYONE EVER.

antibolo

Banned
I played through the entire freaking game without ever figuring out what is the goddamn correct timing in that stupid new rhythm mini-game!!!! So frustrating!

What's up with that? Is it just broken?? I fully mastered the one in the first game, so I assume it is.

I played through the entire freaking game without ever figuring out what is the goddamn correct timing in that stupid new rhythm mini-game!!!! So frustrating!

What's up with that? Is it just broken?? I fully mastered the one in the first game, so I assume it is.

It confused the shit out of me too, and I didn't figure it out until the last trial. Instead of pressing the button each time in time with the music, you have to press the button on the beat once and hold it. While holding it, each time a statement pops up it will be highlighted, then when you release the button (on the beat) it will fire the bullets. You have to do the same thing to reload too.

MSMrRound

Hold X. Don't let go. It will auto target statements. Let go on beat note to destroy statements. Hit Square on beat note to refill. Continue holding X.

Yea, don't tap it. Just hold X.

I did it the same way too. I tried tapping L1+X all the way till the end, then I found out it's actually so damn easy. D'oh.

LX_Theo

Banned

Did you hold down it and let go? Because the big change was that you held it in to target and let go to fire

antibolo

Banned
Ah ok, I remember the explanation now.

In any case it was definitely inferior to the one in the first game.

Beat the game yesterday
end game spoilers
Am I the only one who guessed the VR twist right at the start? It's the thing that made the most sense to me after seeing the cow chicken thing. I also guessed that Chiaki was the traitor way in advance. Though the cast being remnants of despair did surprise me a lot

Dude, there's a spoiler thread for discussing endgame stuff.

haha wow, I totally didn't even realise you had to hold X during PTA and I've already finished it. Geez. The mini-games are like the only thing that lets this game down lol.

LX_Theo

Banned
The more people saying the minigames are bad when their complaints are about the tutorials/explanations for them... The more I just don't get it. :/

(Hangman's gambit was objectively bad though)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The more people saying the minigames are bad when their complaints are about the tutorials/explanations for them... The more I just don't get it. :/

(Hangman's gambit was objectively bad though)

If the game doesn't properly explain the minigame, then it's a fallacy of the game.

Also Logic Dive was shit.

LX_Theo

Banned
If the game doesn't properly explain the minigame, then it's a fallacy of the game.

Also Logic Dive was shit.
The game overall, yes. Not the minigame itself, though. Bad explanations for mechanics is a different complaint than bad mechanics

Logic Dive was very average with some moments it stood out. Calling that shut just sounds stupid to me.

Top Bottom