• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

Jintor

Case three major spoilers

I've been thinking about this all night and I'm still a little miffed that
mikan got absolutely zero sympathetic treatment really and kinda sorta turned out to be hella nuts and/or exposition. Oh well, we can't all be mondo tragic figures, I guess

Goddammit.

mikan got absolutely zero sympathetic treatment really and kinda sorta turned out to be hella nuts and/or exposition. Oh well, we can't all be mondo tragic figures, I guess

Goddammit.
Vague post Chapter 3 spoilers...

You'll learn the reason why later on in the game.

Goddammit.

It gets explained later on, and makes her very sympathetic/tragic. Remember she was afflicted with the Despair Disease. She wasn't the sweet, gentle Mikan you knew.

Chapter 5 -end of trial

WHAT
IN THE

FLYING
FUCK

WHYYYY
GODDAMIT
GODDAMIT WHY

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY

No , just no ...
not like this

NOT LIKE THIS

Did the game develloppers choose the most painfull way possible after carefully crafting everyone personnalities ?
Since chapter 2 i'm hating this game revelations
This is extra painfull

Edit : it seems i've posted impressions too soon ...is THIS GAME TOYING with my emotion on purpose ???
Are all the devs sadists or something ?

Chapter 5 -end of trial

WHAT
IN THE

FLYING
FUCK

WHYYYY
GODDAMIT
GODDAMIT WHY

No , just no ...
not like this

NOT LIKE THIS

Did the game develloppers choose the most painfull way possible after carefully crafting everyone personnalities ?
This is extra painfull

Edit : it seems i've posted impressions too soon ...is THIS GAME TOYING with my emotion on purpose ???

Delicious Despair.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Chapter 5 -end of trial

WHAT
IN THE

FLYING
FUCK

WHYYYY
GODDAMIT
GODDAMIT WHY

No , just no ...
not like this

NOT LIKE THIS

This is extra painfull

I'm sure the first game would've been like this also if the cast wasn't composed of people I wanted dead.

Just finished chapter 5 , if i wasn't on my chair i would need to sit down.

I feel sorry
for everyone who didn't experience this twist by themselves and was maybe spoiled by internet. I'm so happy i wasn't ... THIS IS TOP-tier mindfuck and i love it..i'm not even sure what i experienced

Night Shyamalan wouldn't even be able to do this twist in one of his movies if he tried... WTF

Chapter 3 spoilers

"Nekomaru?.. Isn't that the guy who turns into a woman if he gets splashed with water?" lol

Oh my god, Mikan sleeping with Hajime and then Fuyuhiko thinking....haha that was great. I think I'm starting to warm up to liking Mikan.

Edit: lmao it happened again

WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH

Did Ibuki seriously died?!..... And now Hiyoko too?! DAMN. And the worst thing is, I reaaaally like all of the remaining ones (maybe cept' Akane but I doubt it was her) so that means one of them is going to be executed.....damn.

dani_dc

General Spoilers

Man, that last MguelMexMIstery post was hard to read, poor guy has no idea what's in store for him at the end of the chapter.

MSMrRound

It comes out in 5 days. It's done. And that really needs to get localized. I just finished D2 and desperately need that game.

Probably didn't want DR3 to distract from DR:AE sales I suppose. Maybe we might finally get a trailer at next year's pre-TGS conference?

Busaiku

I think I screwed up.
Uhh, did I just get a bad ending?
Was there something I could've done earlier on during the trial to change the result?

This can't be the only route, can it?
I tried selecting everyone else, including Nagito multiple times.

When they said it was an impossible scenario, I was expecting something like the 5th chapter in Trigger Happy Havoc, but I was never given a choice like that.

Was there something during one of the gameplay segments? That I missed or something?
That has to be it, right?

Steel

Banned
I think I screwed up.
Uhh, did I just get a bad ending?
Was there something I could've done earlier on during the trial to change the result?

This can't be the only route, can it?
I tried selecting everyone else, including Nagito multiple times.

When they said it was an impossible scenario, I was expecting something like the 5th chapter in Trigger Happy Havoc, but I was never given a choice like that.

Was there something during one of the gameplay segments? That I missed or something?
That has to be it, right?

A little more info on where you're at would be nice. I have an idea, but want to be sure.

Busaiku

Chiaki is about to get executed.
How in the world can she know that she's the one that threw the exact grenade.

This doesn't make any sense.

Chiaki is about to get executed.
How in the world can she know that she's the one that threw the exact grenade.

This doesn't make any sense.

Easy to answer , you weren't paying attention

The trap is that it targets the traitor because of nagito extreme LUCK.
Everything worked as intended and for this reason chiaki is the one who unknowingly threw the poison bottle...

PS: to all i've finished the story...this game is a solid 10/10 but i'm seriously not satisfied..i guess it's time to move toward the spoiler thread

Busaiku

Ugh, I forgot that with everything going on...
I can't believe they really did this...
She's the main heroine..

EDIT -
WAIT WHAT

Necrovex

Completed chapter four, I was also a little disappointed with this one. The very ending of it became something special though. I was glue during the last 9/10th and the development involving a certain character.

I'm excited to see chapter five and six, seeing the reactions on here.

Syrinx

*Chapter 5 Spoilers*

I for one will not lose sleep over Nagito's death. In fact, I hope whoever killed him farted down his throat with the last breath he took. Though the preliminary details make me think that may not have been possible.

Will do the investigation and trial tomorrow and see if my brain comes out with as much fuck as everybody else seems to have had.

Tizoc

Ugh, I forgot that with everything going on...
I can't believe they really did this...
She's the main heroine..

EDIT -
WAIT WHAT

Ultimate luck...or misfortune mate. Remember the cast consists of Ultimates, so all things considered...yeah.

Chapter 3 class trial

Okay I don't think I have an idea about who's the killer, the only strange I noticed was that Sonia and Kazuichi were absent before the group entered the place of death and that Nagito said the killer could be upset about not imitating the whole murder like in the murder, while Hajime said before he noted Chiaki was acting upset for some reason. Otherwise, I think Hiyoko or the killer told Ibuki to hang herself, since her disease was about being gullible, and then Hiyoko got killed somehow. Uggh, let's just begin the trial. :(

Gundham got angry for a weird reason, eh. "Too much info." LOL When they were talking about the difference about the video and the actual crime scene, I thought they would talk about how Ibuki's hair wasn't on the video but yet was notable in the crime scene. Boooo. I'm like ine middle of the case and I still don't know who could be the killer. lol

Wait, it was filmed in the hospital? Then that means it's between Nagito, Akane (they were either cured by then or faking it) or Mikan. It obviously isn't Nagito, since he's Nagito, so it's between the other game. Game, PLEASE don't let it be Mikan after I started to really like her. Even then, Akane is pretty much Asahina+Chie 2.0, useless and stupid, uggh, why is she even still alive now, she should have died when Monokuma shot her, and then Nekomaru would be okay.

So Hajime just chose Mikan, well.... crap. Thanks game, for making me like a character after so many chapters and then making her the murderer. Nagito sure is mad o_O Oh shit, Mikan's starting to collapse! "I'm dooooooone!" I'm really liking Chiaki in the class trials, she's like the Kirigiri of the game. Mikan's voice sounds pretty awesome when she acts like that, haha. What? Why did the comic book minigame didn't feature the moment the killer killed Hiyoko and Ibuki? That's boring.

"...This feeling of despair!" lol why Mikan why. She had the Despair Disease?! That's totally unfair! Huh? Ultimate Despair? Wut. Oh okay so it's not that, it's just that she was that crazy because he recovered her memories, yay. World Ender = Future Foundation? Of course Mikan won't tell who's the traitor. Come on! She didn't tell us who her beloved one was, and from what she was saying he's dead, so why was she sleeping with Hajime on purpose? And she didn't explain why she chose Ibuki or how she reacted to Hiyoko or anything about them at all! Oh well, it's a punishment for the Ultimate NURSE! Uhhh, it's time to watch it... Welp, that was weird. Of course it had fanservice, it isn't Mikan if it doesn't have fanservice in it somehow.

HOLY SHIT. NEKOMARU'S A ROBOT. HE'S A FUCKING ROBOT.

Chris R

So could someone explain Chapter 4 investigation for me?
How the hell was I supposed to get 9875 from the blinking binary lights? The computer screen was giving me binary code to work with, but the lights on the north wall were saying 13 - 4 - 12 - 3 to me :\

Tizoc

How the hell was I supposed to get 9875 from the blinking binary lights? The computer screen was giving me binary code to work with, but the lights on the north wall were saying 13 - 4 - 12 - 3 to me :\

The light(s) that were OFF are the numbers you were looking for.

Beat the game

mind_blown_david_tennant.gif

Some things I expected, others I didn't.
Is Dangan Ronpa Zero released in English ?

Chris R

The light(s) that were OFF are the numbers you were looking for.

That still doesn't result in the thing I needed :\ totally different answer if I did it that way but still not the right one. Oh well, sucks I coudln't figure that on my own, tried everythign I swear.

OceanBlue

I wasn't able to figure it out myself, but I think someone in the thread said that
the lights correspond to the slot they're in. That means that, for the first slot, the light should go on-off-off-on. I don't know if it's right though.

Steel

Banned
I wasn't able to figure it out myself, but I think someone in the thread said that
the lights correspond to the slot they're in. That means that, for the first slot, the light should go on-off-off-on. I don't know if it's right though.

That's right, actually.
Oddly enough I found that to be the easiest puzzle in the room. I just wrote down what was on the laptop and looked at the lights.

Chapter 5 -end of trial

WHAT
IN THE

FLYING
FUCK

WHYYYY
GODDAMIT
GODDAMIT WHY

No , just no ...
not like this

NOT LIKE THIS

This is extra painfull
Upupupu, so many people hitting the end of Chapter 5 all at once. This thread is drowning in despair right about now.
As much as I want to punch the developers for what happened, they deserve a round of applause for Chapter 5 being such a painful and despair inducing experience for the player.

That still doesn't result in the thing I needed :\ totally different answer if I did it that way but still not the right one. Oh well, sucks I coudln't figure that on my own, tried everythign I swear.
It does make sense, however it's not something you'd be likely to figure out without a bit of paper on hand.
You probably already know you need to turn the Vita 90 degrees to read the binary chart correctly, however you actually need to do the same with the code you get from the lights. Write all 4 sequences of lights as binary vertically on separate lines, then turn that 90 degrees and read it like that.

aravuus

Wow I actually like all the characters, I wish none of them had to die

I gotta say, this is one game I really don't mind watching someone else play on youtube. The trial gameplay looks incredibly unfun.

e: oh fuck off,
the first killer is nagito, isn't it? dang it nagito :((

Tizoc

Wow I actually like all the characters, I wish none of them had to die

I gotta say, this is one game I really don't mind watching someone else play on youtube. The trial gameplay looks incredibly unfun.

UF8uKNC.gif

aravuus

Thank god I was proven wrong right away, now I'm 100% sure I know who the killer is.
Nagito's still freaky as fuck lol

Nice to see even the first case isn't stupidly obvious like DR1's first case was

elmars369

Unconfirmed Member
Finished the game. Now I can't stop thinking how cool it would be playing this game in first person on the Oculus x_X

BTW, should I read DGR0 before IF?

Jintor

Is there another dangan romps thing included with this game? I remember some chatter about that back when I finished dr1

Hikami

Just finished Chapter 1

I was hating Nagito from the moment they made him my investigation partner.. I want Kyouko back pls.
Anyways, not too let down by those first two guys gone, wasn't really fond of their characters.
I'm glad the first case wasn't as obvious as the one in DR1 though.

I ran into chapter 3
death
spoilers earlier too :I.. I need to stay off the internet until I finish this game apparently.

Top Bottom