• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

Nachos

Popping in to point out the spoiler thread has been moved to Gaming Discussion.

Don't click if you don't want to be spoiled.
Thanks, Seda!

It's just a good thing that the word "SPOILERS" is at the front of the title instead of at the end. So many time I have spoiled because people put it at the end.
Yup, the thread title's a bit redundant, but that was intentional. I remember quite a few people accidentally clicking the wrong thread because they only read the first few words.

pariah164

Thanks, Seda!

Yup, the thread title's a bit redundant, but that was intentional. I remember quite a few people accidentally clicking the wrong thread because they only read the first few words.
Yeah. People would come in thinking it's the OT and be all 'ermahgerd unmarked spoilers wtf'.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looks like I've finally been charged for my LE. Now to wait for it to ship.....

& yeah, glad to hear the spoiler thread is easier to tell the difference between it & the OT. I remember the confusion last time. Now I have to decide if I want to play though it quicker to join the Spoiler discussion or make the game last longer so I can keep the suspense going.

Alpha_eX

Up to the third chapter now, was a pretty good case but part of it felt recycled which is a common theme for this game so far..

There was a nice nod to a game of a similar genre, try not to miss it! :)

Had to stop myself from playing more, it's too easy to play non-stop!

I've heard that the anime was disappointing.

It's only bad cause it dumps most of the characterization (that's mostly optional in the game anyway), skips the investigations parts (which is redundant to show really cause the cases will go over what crap you found) and streamlines the cases (to make things flow better and probably for time reasons).

I mean it does a good job of covering the first game's plot and that's probably what all it was set out to do)

I'm nearing the end myself.

I will say this, there's a single character in this game that almost solely keeps this game from being a cheap repeat of the first one.

kewlmyc

I'm nearing the end myself.

I will say this, there's a single character in this game that almost solely keeps this game from being a cheap repeat of the first one.

Hehe, I know who you're talking about, but I wouldn't say the game is a cheap repeat at all.

Hehe, I know who you're talking about, but I wouldn't say the game is a cheap repeat at all.
That might have been the wrong phrase to use, but I think it would have started to creep up on feeling a little stale despite the new cast and change of scenery, etc. without that character.

I've heard that the anime was disappointing.

I thought it was fine. It moved through the story pretty fast but I never felt lost or like it was missing anything. I suspect if you've already played the game it'd be a pretty good way to refresh yourself on the story.

More endgame speculation after
speaking to Alter Ego.

I'm starting to think the mastermind of this is actually against Junko's mindset, and is merely doing it for revenge against the students who I currently think are the despair remnants. Of course it's bound to be more complicated than that.

Oh hey Naegi.

Fey

Banned
i can't believe it's already coming

being a ZE/AA fan, it feels so odd getting a sequel to this kinda game so soon

i'm so excited, but kinda mad it comes out the moment school starts -_____-

Feep

Banned
Especially since it sounds like you were deprived of any food in the recording session. How are you supposed to method-act in those conditions?
Maybe you got some green apples to help with mic clicks, I dunno.
This is correct, actually, we always have green apples in the booth...you know your stuff. = D

I offered to chomp at some green apples for certain lines, or even change my voice to more match my...expanded...persona, but the director maintained that I should maintain my vocal patterns from the prior game.

ss-hikaru

So who was everyone's favorite characters from the first Danganronpa?

Ishimaru! I really wanted to be friends with Junko (
cept she got offed so early and she wasn't actually Junko haha
). Sakura and Hina really grew on me. Byakuya to a smaller extent.

I think I'm gonna replay DR1 to get me in the mood for this.

Thinking of playing the last chapter again. Last time I was rushing through because I REALLY REALLY wanted to know what happened, and as a result probably wasn't really appreciating anything properly by that point :p Especially the mastermind's crazy personality switches and related voice acting.

This is correct, actually, we always have green apples in the booth...you know your stuff. = D

I offered to chomp at some green apples for certain lines, or even change my voice to more match my...expanded...persona, but the director maintained that I should maintain my vocal patterns from the prior game.

I still think you should have been eating fried chicken while recording

Oh man I didn't realize this was out next week. Yay!!! I need to hurry and finish Xillia 2... I can only have so much despair on the go at a time.

Labrys

So who was everyone's favorite characters from the first Danganronpa? I really liked both Hiro and Kyoko alot. Hiro had so many funny scenes and usually had a chill/funny attitude about everything going on. Plus the whole aliens stealing his hamburger even though it was pork scene had me dying. Kyoko I like alot because of her mysteriousness and her logic being quite high enough to where she was basically solving most of the cases before even we did.
She is the Ultimate Detective after all <3

Sakura has been and always will be my favorite from 1

RyoonZ

Banned
Chapter 1 done.

This is already better than the first game, they don't do like tutorial chapter like chapter 1 in the first game.

They're going all out.

So who was everyone's favorite characters from the first Danganronpa? I really liked both Hiro and Kyoko alot. Hiro had so many funny scenes and usually had a chill/funny attitude about everything going on. Plus the whole aliens stealing his hamburger even though it was pork scene had me dying. Kyoko I like alot because of her mysteriousness and her logic being quite high enough to where she was basically solving most of the cases before even we did.

I thinkkkkkkk it should be obvious who's my favorite is from Danganronpa 1.

Zephyx

Celeste. Really liked the character design and the way she is presented in the story. I was hoping to know her better through School Mode but she was never really explored.
Too bad she killed someone though.
Got a feeling the same will happen to my favorite character in the sequel. T_T

It's obviously Hifumi.

image.php

Just because you say it in a French accent doesn't mean you are correct.

Kusagari

Knowing nothing about the game and just looking at their portraits and titles.

I'm leaning toward the mastermind either being the cook or Sonia.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Any estimate as to how long it takes to read Danganronpa IF? I can't wait to read that once I beat the game.

CrazyDude

I loved Hiro as well, he was a character who
I though was going to die very early in the game and he was a great comic relief.

Top Bottom