• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...the opening credits are getting more and more distorted

But they can't pull this shit twice. At the very least though its clear Monokuma is an AI again.

I think they can. The goal for this virtual simulation would be drastically different from the last one. This one would be to get the Future Foundation to empathize with the Remnants of Despair. Danganronpa 2 was about reforming the Remnants of Despair.

FluxWaveZ

I think they can. The goal for this virtual simulation would be drastically different from the last one. This one would be to get the Future Foundation to empathize with the Remnants of Despair. Danganronpa 2 was about reforming the Remnants of Despair.

Sure, but the ultimate goal for the design decisions behind the simulation was ultimately so that Junko could be brought back. It would be very lame if this was a simulation and that exact same conceit would be used again.

It's very clearly some sort of program, though. How else would he have interacted with Miaya's Usami program?

Internal hacking and just animated displays of the forefront Monokuma behind the operation. I am willing to bet that the true mastermind is a real person.

Sure, but the ultimate goal for the design decisions behind the simulation was ultimately so that Junko could be brought back. It would be very lame if this was a simulation and that exact same conceit would be used again.

In this case, I'm thinking Monokuma was brought back by a person on the "Good" side. The goal wouldn't be to resurrect Junko but to finally undo all the damage she ultimately caused.

GoldStarz

Internal hacking and just animated displays of the forefront Monokuma behind the operation. I am willing to bet that the true mastermind is a real person.
Oh I see, no I meant Monokuma himself was an AI, not necessarily the Mastermind.

In this case, I'm thinking Monokuma was brought back by a person on the "Good" side. The goal wouldn't be to resurrect Junko but to finally undo all the damage she ultimately caused.
I fail to see how this game would accomplish that. The Future Foundation may be founded on the values of a morally abhorrent organization and may not be made up of the most savory bunch but ultimately they were making progress in restoring the world.

R.D.Blax

Why did she have to talk about hope ? Why ?!! That was one of the most blatant death flag I have ever seen but it hurt so much.

I fail to see how this game would accomplish that. The Future Foundation may be founded on the values of a morally abhorrent organization and may not be made up of the most savory bunch but ultimately they were making progress in restoring the world.

They were also starting to ruthlessly kill anyone that opposed them shown by their attitude in the first episode. If they started to do that, it would ultimately bring about more despair or they would become the Super High school level despairs themselves. Obviously, some are not likely to have gone down that route. Gozu appears to be the type that'd want to avoid senseless violence same with creepy voice guy. However, Munakata, psycho chick with her mouth covered up, overly aggressive dude who likes to punch people in the gut, and the couple are definitely veering to that route with their current attitudes.

Goodstyle

If it is just a simulation then that'd be atrocious ass writing. Like, beyond terrible. That's not the kind of twist you can use twice back to back.

If it is just a simulation then that'd be atrocious ass writing. Like, beyond terrible. That's not the kind of twist you can use twice back to back.

Well, one of the twists would have to be re-used. Either the game is real and the mastermind is in their ranks which reuses DR1 twist, or they are in a simulation which reuses DR2's twist.

One route would lead to closure with a happy ending. The other route would lead to closure with a grim ending.

Hope or Despair?

Well, one of the twists would have to be re-used. Either the game is real and the mastermind is in their ranks which reuses DR1 twist, or they are in a simulation which reuses DR2's twist.

One route would lead to closure with a happy ending. The other route would lead to closure with a grim ending.

Hope or Despair?

Or maybe (huge zero time dilemma ending spoilers seriously don't click if you don't want that series spoiled) the mastermind is
a pretending blind and deaf man in a wheel chair that just sits around thinking about complex motives

So the rumors were off by a week by sheer luck. Asahina was raising death flags like mad at the second half of the episode, so it's not completely surprising. And the other guy was just to have an example of the poisoning methods of Monokuma, especially when having Juzo in the same room as him.

Now then, the fact that Kirigiri noticed something in the structure of the walls is pretty much telegraphing that there are secret corridors or entrances around the building - something that makes Kyosuke quite suspicious, as he has knowledge of the entire structure as both the Despair and Future first episodes showed us. In fact, the entire trio (Chisa, Kyosuke and Juzo) give me the strongest alarms in my head about the traitor, but there's also the possibility that the traitor status is moving around everyone, giving other explanation for Asahina's death.

Just T

Future Volume: 2

Sigh, well fuck. This is the single reason I didn't want another game with the remaining DR1 cast in main roles. Poor Asahina and it's only the second episode, with that foreboding ass OP I'm not so sure about Naegi and Kirigiri. Other things about this episode, was wondering how Usami was going to get involved in this, Miaya is an interesting one. Sakakura is still annoying and on that note Bandai got a shit deal.

DNAbro

I think that would be a really boring cop out. More than one as a twist? Sure. Alternating traitors? Eh.

It doesn't even really make sense. It isn't exactly possible to kill alternating traitors, especially if what some people are guessing is true. I can see two traitors though.

Also as another note, I'm pretty sure Bandai is the only going who is going to die by the restriction. The OP shows him in a poison like substance and death by poison. I feel like everyone else is going to die in much more interesting ways.

Fell for the old "Oh they're having a nice moment together and now she's dead" twice in a row. Fuck this show. I didn't think they'd have the balls.

Future Volume: 2

Sigh, well fuck. This is the single reason I didn't want another game with the remaining DR1 cast in main roles. Poor Asahina and it's only the second episode, with that foreboding ass OP I'm not so sure about Naegi and Kirigiri.
this was what I was feeling (that and I never liked the idea of finishing it with an anime). Or they couldve used DR2 survivors, wouldnt care what they did with them

It doesn't even really make sense. It isn't exactly possible to kill alternating traitors, especially if what some people are guessing is true. I can see two traitors though.

Also as another note, I'm pretty sure Bandai is the only going who is going to die by the restriction. The OP shows him in a poison like substance and death by poison. I feel like everyone else is going to die in much more interesting ways.

Nah, there will definitely be at least one more, if only to remind viewers about the weight of these restrictions. I mean, Bandai got fucked with his because he could hardly do anything to avoid it - odds are he's not the only one who's at the whims of someone else.

Or maybe (huge zero time dilemma ending spoilers seriously don't click if you don't want that series spoiled) the mastermind is
a pretending blind and deaf man in a wheel chair that just sits around thinking about complex motives

Continued Zero Time Dilemma spoilers:
Sorry it's aliens.

I wouldn't even bring that up if it wasn't for the bracelet explanation cracking me up. Crazy how close they were on how the bracelets work.

GoldStarz

Continued Zero Time Dilemma spoilers:
Sorry it's aliens.

I wouldn't even bring that up if it wasn't for the bracelet explanation cracking me up. Crazy how close they were on how the bracelets work.

Not that crazy, Uchi and Kodaka are friends with each other. It's entirely plausible that they shared ideas with each other.

FluxWaveZ

Nah, there will definitely be at least one more, if only to remind viewers about the weight of these restrictions. I mean, Bandai got fucked with his because he could hardly do anything to avoid it - odds are he's not the only one who's at the whims of someone else.

I agree with DNAbro, I really don't think anyone else is going to be killed because of their restriction. Much like "Junko" getting killed in DR1 because she went against the rules, Bandai's death was really to properly introduce the repercussions of the system, and the system itself will be there to convey interesting scenarios later on that could result in someone's death, but not directly.

Just saw this theory.

jB4wphH.png

Everyone who is moving will be victims (going by the 3 who died), the ones standing live, and the traitor is showing his back.

Goodstyle

The worst thing about the "It's all a simulation" again twist is how plausible it is. They're knocked out by gas, get trapped in a ruined copy of the exact building they were in a second ago, and in the other anime Chisa is watching herself on a movie screen saying "ohh I died huh?", which could suggest she's the one that's behind all this and really they're all just in another sim room.

DNAbro

Just saw this theory.

jB4wphH.png

Everyone who is moving will be victims (going by the 3 who died), the ones standing live, and the traitor is showing his back.

i think that's too easy. Though some of the supposed alive people were the ones I were guessing might make it.

FluxWaveZ

and in the other anime Chisa is watching herself on a movie screen saying "ohh I died huh?", which could suggest she's the one that's behind all this and really they're all just in another sim room.

Or that unlike in DR2, when you "die" you wake up and she's just watching what's going on.

I doubt this is a simulation, though.

Just T

this was what I was feeling (that and I never liked the idea of finishing it with an anime). Or they couldve used DR2 survivors, wouldnt care what they did with them
I was alright with an anime because an interview tidbit made me think they would be alright but alas. And yeah I don't care that much for what's left of DR2 either.

Sophia

Or that unlike in DR2, when you "die" you wake up and she's just watching what's going on.

I doubt this is a simulation, though.

It's possible it could go either way. Outside of Chisa's supposed death, we don't know what happened when they were knocked out the first time. Heck, we don't even really know how much time passed either. =P

I think that would be a really boring cop out. More than one as a twist? Sure. Alternating traitors? Eh.

It would be chaotic but underwhelming; we also lack the motive for the entire killing game beyond that of a revenge by the Remnants of Despair and exposing the lack of trust in the Future Foundation. I don't really buy that it is the complete cause.

It's possible it could go either way. Outside of Chisa's supposed death, we don't know what happened when they were knocked out the first time. Heck, we don't even really know how much time passed either. =P
At least a couple of days, as whoever is behind this had to secure the building and close all possible exits, while compromising all systems inside.

Thud

Asahinas have the worst luck.

I'm going with the animator. Those eyes have seen the new Berserk; true despair.

UberTag

Just saw this theory.

jB4wphH.png

Interesting... would give us 6 total survivors, too (Makoto, Kyoko, Kyosuke, Non-Imposter Ryota, Miaya and Ruruka) along with Yasuhiro and Kazuo Tengan as the traitor.

Would be a little underwhelming to have that nut cracked two episodes in so let's hope it's a red herring.

I noted it earlier but I'll mention that Kyoko's sprite was employed as the test example of the person who woke up and killed Chisa. And while I don't buy this as being accurate in any way, shape or form, I do buy that this was the mastermind's way of letting Kyoko know that they're aware of how intuitive she is.

Just saw this theory.

jB4wphH.png

Hmm, what if the people moving to the left are killed because of their restriction? I can imagine Izayoi getting killed off because Ruruka sneaks a snack in his mouth when he isn't paying attention, just like she tried to do this episode.

UberTag

Now then, the fact that Kirigiri noticed something in the structure of the walls is pretty much telegraphing that there are secret corridors or entrances around the building - something that makes Kyosuke quite suspicious, as he has knowledge of the entire structure as both the Despair and Future first episodes showed us.
What Kirigiri noticed wasn't secret corridors or entrances so much as something that wasn't there that should have been.

As noted in Episode 1's wiki summary...

As Makoto, Kyoko Kirigiri, and Aoi Asahina arrived, Juzo immediately handcuffed Makoto, injuring him in the process. When Hina tried to intervene, Sonosuke and Ruruka threatened Hina, Sonosuke throwing his kunai at her.

It lodged itself in the door to the left of Hina's head. What Kyoko noticed in today's episode was...

Pristine%20Wall%202.png

Pristine%20Wall.png

... the same spot where the kunai had lodged into the wall was now spotless and pristine. The rest of the building may have been barricaded and totalled but something that was damaged now being perfectly intact doesn't jive with the story being told by the rest of the surroundings.

Kirigiri didn't disclose this information to anyone else which means that's either her restriction or she doesn't want to tip off the mastermind/traitor that she's made this revelation.

TWILT

Banned
Goddamnit, I just knew from all the subtle hints from my Twitter and the constant death flags in the second half of the episode that Hina was going to be next, but goddamnit.
pls spare Kyoko ;_;

Hina noooo! ;_;

I saw it coming though, they made it very clear she was going to die this episode. I will eat a donut in her memory.

I figured Bandai would die, but I didn't see it coming so quickly and unceremoniously. That's despite figuring that someone would have to bite it due to one of their rules. Kyoko's rule nerfing her and the Ult. Blacksmith being unable to eat Ruruka's candy sound like pretty good theories for other rules.

I like the set-up of this game quite a bit. Maybe I just love playing games like mafia and werewolf, but this makes things exciting. Especially with how splintered everyone is from the get go, and how they all have their own rules. This should make things interesting.

I am not a fan of the simulation theory. Would be lame and take out a lot of the impact if they did it a second time.

Just saw this theory.

jB4wphH.png

While these results wouldn't surprise me, this also feels too easy and obvious.

PK Gaming

Makoto Naegi finds himself completely alone in a dark room. The Future Foundation has been mostly wiped out. He is the only one left. Suddenly, a hooded figure appears before him.

Makoto: Then it was all...

???: A simulation, yes.

Makoto: Then my friends are...!

???: Alive.

Makoto begins to tear up. He is completely overcome with happiness.

???: I needed to test you, the Ultimate Hope, one last time. I needed to see if your hope could withstand the absolutely pinnacle of despair.

The mysterious figure unveils her hood.

Makoto: You...but how?!

Chiaki: And your Hope was real. It shined brighter than anything I've ever seen before. Despite the situation, despite the deaths of your beloved friends, you never doubted anyone. You kept believing in a situation that desperately tried to destroy it. I'm so glad to have experienced your hope first hand. Now go, your friends are waiting for you outside.

A bright flash completely blinds him. After some time passes, Makoto awakes in a familiar room.

Makoto: Hin...Hina?

Hina: Welcome back, Naegi-kun.

---

Is this what you pro simulation people want? Huh? Huh? HUH?!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Glad I just finished this ep before strolling in lol

God dammit, had a feeling it was going to happen, if the opening is anything to go by... wonder if it'll change next time.

Hina ;_;

Oh, I did like the more stylized intro this episode. It was trippy and I felt it did kind of bring more of a "will they live or die," vibe to it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom