• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldStarz

I don't think it's that clear that one thing follows immediately from the other. They allude to future events, but for example, Togami isn't with Makoto here even though they were together at the time of the DR2 epilogue. If 2 or 3 years passed between those two games and the beginning of this season, they could easily use "growth spurt" to justify why she'd somehow be significantly older looking now.

I really doubt it would take two or three years for them to give Makoto a trial given that they knew he took them already. It's probably been like a month or two at best since DR2 and maybe about a year since DRAE. Ignoring that, Miaya is the leader of division of the Future Foundation so she's had to have had significant contact with others, she'd have to had this appearance for sometime before DRAE even started.

chiimisu

I don't think it's that clear that one thing follows immediately from the other. They allude to future events, but for example, Togami isn't with Makoto here even though they were together at the time of the DR2 epilogue. If 2 or 3 years passed between those two games and the beginning of this season, they could easily use "growth spurt" to justify why she'd somehow be significantly older looking now.

Even considering Monaka's thought to be a child prodigy, I don't think it was possible for her to create New World program some time before DR1 events and Chihiro's death. She's been known as Miaya Gekkouhara then, and I think "She just led double lives as both chief executive of Towa Group and Ultimate Therapist so well even Future Foundation didn't suspect anything" theory would be too far-fetched even for Kodaka. Having an "Ultimate" status would also mean she's graduated Hope's Peak, which wasn't possible at the time because that's when the whole Despair thing started. And as far as we know, Future Foundation leaders are all Hope's Peak graduates/former students. There's a possibility that Monaka disguises herself as Miaya who is actually dead, buuut... Imo, it's probably just something like Komaeda/Naegi connection to tease watchers rather than something meaningful.

SephiZack

Seriously, she was raising death flags for the whole 2nd part of the episode, I'm actually surprised some people didn't get that she was going to die. When I was watching, I reached a point when I was like "can you just die already?"

Please Great Gozu don't die.
He's going to die, isn't he? ;(

Thoraxes

I just watched episode 2.

FUCKIN SHIT FUCK FUCK

FCUUUUUUKCKCKCKCKCKK

DAMMIT KODAKA

I GOT TRICKED BY YOU AGAIN

FUCK

THIS IS THE ULTIMATE DESPAIR

Finally a theory that makes sense

M0Ngkup.jpg

Rich!

Hahahahaha I didn't quite put the sexual harassment part and the earlier scene together before. Yeah, that's gotta be his NG

jrcbandit

You'd think the dude who died because his rule was broken would just close his eyes and put hands over ears/talk to self whenever it looked like violence could happen, then he couldn't witness anything... Was pretty self evident that the white haired guy and his minion were going to get violent.

Great Gozu is so dead because he's one of the few characters people care about other than the survivors of the first game.

Also, the show is going to be so freaking stupid if everyone accuses Makoto. The killer is hidden among you, so of course he's going to get his hands super dirty with blood to spell out who he is, or just possibly it could be a setup.....

h0tp0ck3t

Also, the show is going to be so freaking stupid if everyone accuses Makoto. The killer is hidden among you, so of course he's going to get his hands super dirty with blood to spell out who he is, or just possibly it could be a setup.....

It's gotta come down to either Miaya or Gozu being accused since they were both locked with Hina when she died. Someone probably gonna try to kill Miaya and then Gozu, being the bro he is, takes the hit and dies for her :(

RetroMG

Seriously, she was raising death flags for the whole 2nd part of the episode, I'm actually surprised some people didn't get that she was going to die. When I was watching, I reached a point when I was like "can you just die already?"

Please Great Gozu don't die.
He's going to die, isn't he? ;(

I think a lot of people were assuming that there would be a swerve and that the person who was super obviously being hinted at wouldn't die.

(That's what I was hoping, anyway. I can't believe they killed Best DR1 Girl.)

Thud

You'd think the dude who died because his rule was broken would just close his eyes and put hands over ears/talk to self whenever it looked like violence could happen, then he couldn't witness anything... Was pretty self evident that the white haired guy and his minion were going to get violent.

Bandai was the ultimate farmer, probably playing the trope that farmers are dumb.

Best girl is Sonia.

MSMrRound

Aoi's pretty alright but she wasn't my favourite.

It's more of the fact that she's a OG which hurt more=/

Dang. Almost caught myself saying that I wouldn't mind if we didn't had a new Danganronpa anime so that the original cast wouldn't suffer more. I'm a bad person ;_;

What hurts even more is that Hagakure's probably going to live through the whole incident yet again thanks to his dumb luck.

Never did like Souda surviving DR2 as well.

I wonder how many donuts Hina has gorged on since she made it to heaven. They probably have a limitless supply up there. Hopefully she's had the chance to scope out some of the international donut varieties that aren't so easily accessible in Japan.
A pool filled with donuts ;_;

What hurts even more is that Hagakure's probably going to live through the whole incident yet again thanks to his dumb luck.

Never did like Souda surviving DR2 as well.

It's almost a given at this point that a character who is fundamentally unlikable will always survive a Danganronpa game.

Nohar

So far, every "big" character, such as Sakura and Nekomaru, turned out to be parangons of good in their own way. At this point, we expect, or rather we are conditioned to see such characters as "good".

As such, I hereby declare that Great Gozu isn't so great, that his goodness is an act, and that he is, or will be, a killer.

It's more of the fact that she's a OG which hurt more=/
it really doesnt sit right for with me for several reasons. 1) The writing just feels like the absurdly common "HAHA Look we will kill off anyone at anytime" cliche 2) This version of the game doesnt provide any of the closure the games version does. The trial let you find the killer, find a motive, figure out story and reason on the victim. Here we get nothing, just killing for shock value. 3) This is just me probably, but I absolutely hate that a game series is concluding via an anime, so in the end it feels like a main character just got killed off in a spinoff

My interest in DR3 is at an all time low. Might revisit the series for DRv3, dunno

h0tp0ck3t

So far, every "big" character, such as Sakura and Nekomaru, turned out to be parangons of good in their own way. At this point, we expect, or rather we are conditioned to see such characters as "good".

As such, I hereby declare that Great Gozu isn't so great, that his goodness is an act, and that he is, or will be, a killer.

He is suspiciously absent (not shown) when Makoto, Hina, and Miaya blackout

MSMrRound

Here we get nothing, just killing for shock value.

That's why I'm intrigued by the presence of the Despair arc. At first glance Future and Despair arcs seem to be telling their own story, but as you saw from the first Despair ep, there seems to be some plot details that are definitely interlinked and such.

Will be interesting to see how things pan out...

it really doesnt sit right for with me for several reasons. 1) The writing just feels like the absurdly common "HAHA Look we will kill off anyone at anytime" cliche 2) This version of the game doesnt provide any of the closure the games version does. The trial let you find the killer, find a motive, figure out story and reason on the victim. Here we get nothing, just killing for shock value. 3) This is just me probably, but I absolutely hate that a game series is concluding via an anime, so in the end it feels like a main character just got killed off in a spinoff

My interest in DR3 is at an all time low. Might revisit the series for DRv3, dunno

It's hard to say for sure until we see the ending, but I think you're boiling things down too much. Especially with regards to closure. So far Chisa's story has only just begun (they've even said she's the protagonist of the Despair side), and Hina starred and had development in DR1. Characters from future arc are already popping up in despair, which gives some of them more time and space for growth. I agree that the lack of Free Time Events sucks and prevents us from getting too attached to characters at this point, but I don't think I would say anything is ineffective yet. We're only 3 episodes into a 24 episode story. There's a lot left on the table.

it really doesnt sit right for with me for several reasons. 1) The writing just feels like the absurdly common "HAHA Look we will kill off anyone at anytime"
I completely agree with this. It feels like they were just going with more of Another Episode's desperate grabs at shock value for character deaths.

Permanently A

This version of the game is more like one giant trial instead of 5 separate ones. I think I prefer this format because I've always hated the downtime between cases in DR and in this anime it seems like the tension will be constantly high. Also I'm sure you will get some investigation goodness next episode because of the closed room murder problem.

Just saw the episode and see ya later original survivor. They were hunting at her death pretty hard because I expected makoto to be framed and the whole support speech sealed her fate. Haven't played Dangonronpa for a while so totally forgot how random the deaths can be. Still not ready to call whose going to survive but I expect the couple to have one survivor or both have a duo death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom