• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

I had a list of people of who I thought would be killed off first

• Any survivor of DR1 because of the Sayaka Rule (seemingly important person is killed off first) and because it immediately tells the viewer that no one is off-limits my order from most to least likely here was: Yasuhiro, Kyoko, Makoto, and Aoi (if you're asking why Aoi is last it's because she literally hasn't done anything since DR1 and Kodaka may kill off characters but I don't think he'd be outright waseful).

c2QXAIR.png

Goodstyle

Me when I realized they were gonna kill Hina towards the end of the episode:

Christian-Bale-look.gif

I never felt like she deserved to survive the first game. Anime finally got me engaged with this move.

UberTag

I do hope some of the actual murder victims aren't so telegraphed in future episodes as both Chisa and Aoi have been the first two weeks.

Bandai's death clearly wasn't - but you had to know someone was going to get offed via the forbidden action rule to show the ramifications of them not too long after that wrinkle was introduced.

Part of me half expects EVERYONE will die with Makoto and Kyosuke being the last ones through mutual suicide via gunshot wounds to the head.
Perhaps Makoto's luck will kick in and the gun's chamber will jam. After which he'll leave and go chill with Hiro outside.

Goodstyle

I hope we find out that the victims are awake as they're being killed. It isn't as satisfying if they just die while sleeping, they need to know that they are being killed before they die.

I had no problems with all the survivors in DR1.

I was upset that Soda survived over Nekomaru or Gundham. smfh.

Holy shit, you and me both. FUCK that guy.

PK Gaming

I do hope some of the actual murder victims aren't so telegraphed in future episodes as both Chisa and Aoi have been the first two weeks.

Bandai's death clearly wasn't - but you had to know someone was going to get offed via the forbidden action rule to show the ramifications of them not too long after that wrinkle was introduced.

Part of me half expects EVERYONE will die with Makoto and Kyosuke being the last ones through mutual suicide via gunshot wounds to the head.
Perhaps Makoto's luck will kick in and the gun's chamber will jam. After which he'll leave and go chill with Hiro outside.

Kyoko for sure isn't dying

T-Rex.

Banned
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I mean it was obvious that she was going to be the one killed, but I'm still salty. Catch me turning into a Remnant of Despair.

GoldStarz

>broadcast to the entire world

Shit, that means those at Jabberwock Island are also watching this game.

Hinata and co better show up near the end.
Do they even have television there?

It's a sound theory.
If Hina woke up and was tasked with killing someone, she'd naturally choose herself over anyone else. Although that raises the question... if the killer status shifts around and said person refuses, what happens? Is offing themselves the only escape clause?

I feel like eating a donut today in tribute to Aoi's memory.
Well my current thought process is
that if someone doesn't perform their hunter role then they'd get poisoned. If they do kill someone, then they remain the killer. Obviously if it shifts, no one can tell anyone about it because then they'd be hung, so you'd have people continuously killing each other. The only hole in this that I can think of is that it's unwinnable, which while it might be the point, I don't see EVERYONE dying.

I just started watching Mirai 2.

Wow, that theory about Wheelchair girl (don't remember her name) being
Chiaki
is making more and more sense?????

I still haven't seen a lick of solid evidence in support of that theory.

watch DR3 just be kodaka going fucking nuts because he doesn't have to clean up any mess he makes with V3 being a totally different canon lol

if it's any consolation with DR3 being the end of this universe, for all intents are purposes they're all gonna be dead anyways!

FluxWaveZ

Kodaka is a fucking racist offing the only two black people in the same episode

The only black person in the series is farmer dude, and he was absolutely pathetic. I guess being the most joke character of the lot, he was bound to be the type to get offed first less for the impact, but to inform the rules.

I guess Chisa could be the traitor. It could inform why her class succumbed to despair while she was still around. I felt that Hina's death was far more telegraphed than hers was, though, more so because I didn't necessarily expect anyone to get killed in episode 1 while Hina was waving death flags everywhere. Good target, though; puts more blame on Naegi.

The Werewolf in this scenario has it tough, since it started off essentially being 1 v 15. I guess the forbidden rules balance it out a bit more in their favor.

Edit: Yu Narukami is also a pick for the potential Werewolf, but I feel that'd be too obvious.

Hiro's a massive idiot that managed to stumble his way to survival while being accused almost every case, and now he's on the outside and no one has even noticed yet.

He'll be fine.

The question is what the hell is Byakuya doing right now? Sure he's an ass but he's not going to let Naegi and Kyoko die.

Hiro is a clairvoyant. Strictly speaking, other than super good luck guy, he should have a good chance of survival, even if it isn't deliberate.
Has he actually shown any of his supposed powers of clairvoyance in any canon Danganronpa media of any form? He'll survive purely by not being inside the building, and generally being too dumb to waste time killing.

Permanently A

Naegi's ill-fitting "no running in the halls" NG code makes me think that Kyoko will lay dying at the end of the hall and Naegi will be forced to walk towards her as she bleeds out.

UberTag

Hiro's a massive idiot that managed to stumble his way to survival while being accused almost every case, and now he's on the outside and no one has even noticed yet.

He'll be fine.

The question is what the hell is Byakuya doing right now? Sure he's an ass but he's not going to let Naegi and Kyoko die.
He's already let Hina die. Clearly he's got more important things to do. Probably avoiding Toko or something.

Naegi's ill-fitting "no running in the halls" NG code makes me think that Kyoko will lay dying at the end of the hall and Naegi will be forced to walk towards her as she bleeds out.
How cruel would that be. Although her telegraphed death in the OP has her getting hung. And, boy, do I hope we get swerved by that thing at some point. There's one swerve that already seems apparent...
Chisa's death in the OP has blood spraying out of her wrist. Same death pose as when she was found on the chandelier except her wrist - as of right now - is perfectly fine.

Has he actually shown any of his supposed powers of clairvoyance in any canon Danganronpa media of any form? He'll survive purely by not being inside the building, and generally being too dumb to waste time killing.

In Ultra Despair Hagakure.

He's already let Hina die. Clearly he's got more important things to do. Probably avoiding Toko or something.

If Aoi is dead then he has even more reason to act, even if he didn't care much for her he still has to have some kind of camaraderie with her.

Toko is still in Towa City so it wont be hard to avoid her.

He was the only (named) person to be outside the building. I bet you the rest of them would gladly swap places!

He did predict that he and Makoto would share a mother of children, which happens in the DG1 alternate ending where they don't escape. He also correctly predicted "no-one else will be killed", at the point where only suicides occur from then on. He also believes in his own predictions, as pretty much shown by his spin off novel included in ultra despair girls.

He could be the Ultimate Dumb Luck and it would be just as accurate so far.

Permanently A

How cruel would that be. Although her telegraphed death in the OP has her getting hung. And, boy, do I hope we get swerved by that thing at some point. There's one swerve that already seems apparent...
Chisa's death in the OP has blood spraying out of her wrist. Same death pose as when she was found on the chandelier except her wrist - as of right now - is perfectly fine.

The hanging works, just kick the stool out from under her right when Naegi sees her. That would give him the chance to save her if he could run. Ties into the whole OP imagery of walking down a hall with a light at the end and Makoto trying to grab her hand and failing.

Chisa's death is SO fucking suspicious, especially the lack of shakycam like we got for Aoi.

GoldStarz

I wonder if running alternatives are allowed. There seems to be some leeway since Makoto is allowed to be carried by a running person.

FluxWaveZ

Chisa's death is SO fucking suspicious, especially the lack of shakycam like we got for Aoi.

I guess that's outside of the norm, but I think that and the typical noise would have lessened the direction of that scene when the music kicks. Could just be a creative decision for the sake of it.

I mean, Chisa looks pretty dead when she fell pretty high up with a chandelier landing on her and shattering. Multiple people also looked to her to see if she was really dead, too.

what if the future arc is just a ploy/sim to show the future foundation how easy it is to become like the remnants of despair? that is where dr2 was about reforming the remnants of despair. DR3 is about reforming the members of the future foundation. I mean the most legitimately good members are dying off first.

Computer girl would be the likely one behind monokuma if that was the case

FluxWaveZ

Makoto's like the most OP character in this universe. Putting aside plot armor due to protagonist status, he's both Ultimate Luck and Ultimate Hope. The only way he could get killed is kind of like Nagito, and he'd have to either do it himself or let it happen voluntarily.

I wonder if Gekkogahara's forbidden act is being touched by someone else.

- Kirigiri noticed something about the door but said nothing. Her NG code is probably that she can't talk about the killer's identity.

This is likely correct. Gotta nerf her somehow, though maybe it's something more direct, since that can be pretty vague and she could send signals in various other ways.

h0tp0ck3t

what if the future arc is just a ploy/sim to show the future foundation how easy it is to become like the remnants of despair? that is where dr2 was about reforming the remnants of despair. DR3 is about reforming the members of the future foundation. I mean the most legitimately good members are dying off first.

Computer girl would be the likely one behind monokuma if that was the case

Ha Makoto is the mastermind to prove how well his plan worked in 2. the ultimate mind fuck

Yeah, Ultra Despair Hagakure from UDG. It fleshed out a lot of his character and how he uses his ability, actually.

I assume that was one of the books lying around? Probably didn't find it, I ended up getting pretty tired of UDG after a while and just started to straight line to the end.

This is likely correct. Gotta nerf her somehow, though maybe it's something more direct, since that can be pretty vague and she could send signals in various other ways.
Maybe something along the lines of not being able to investigate, we didn't see her checking Chisa's body and she was basically silent this episode.

I assume that was one of the books lying around? Probably didn't find it, I ended up getting pretty tired of UDG after a while and just started to straight line to the end.

Maybe something along the lines of not being able to investigate, we didn't see her checking Chisa's body and she was basically silent this episode.

After you beat the game it unlocks. Its about Hakagure and Leon's cousin/lover in Towa City

UberTag

This anime better stop toying with my fucking heart right now. >:U
It's been quite the ride already and we're just out of the gates. In less than a week, we've lost Hina, we've been told Chiaki was once real and its implied that Hajime kills her, we've gotten to know Chisa before she died and learned she was a boss sensei and Monokuma's silly game rules implied that Kyoko was the one to kill her... that's assuming that she's actually dead (which the OP hints may not be the case).

That's a lot to take in.

MSMrRound

This episode kind of had a weirder pacing, but yea, as soon as Asahina was saying those words to Naegi, I straight away went covering my eyes cuz that's the Kodaka code for "welp I'm going to kill them right about...now"

Didn't stop me from going FFFFFUUUUUUUUU- though. Better not let it happen to Kirigiri.

I find it weird that the opening was changed so that the faces are now covered, and that the blood are somehow back to pink for the opening.

The obstruction of the faces also masked the face of the wheelchair girl who had a really similar looking face to Chiaki's (in her death pose in the OP).

Great Gozu's a pretty alright guy, but something tells me he's gonna get off'd soon. Either that or the couple.

Mendrox

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I mean it was obvious that she was going to be the one killed, but I'm still salty. Catch me turning into a Remnant of Despair.

Me too my brother.

I am honestly sad and said no about 25 dies when I realized what they are going for.

Fuck.

The_Kid

It's basically a given that Kirigiri or Naegi are going to survive, if not both. And if one of them die it'll be the last episode.

GoldStarz

5 bucks says Aoi shows up in Despair arc this week now just further hurt us

Outside of appearing in the theater Chisa was in, I doubt it. That would mean we would skip ahead 10 months and miss both the fallout from Twilight Murder Syndrome and the start of the Izuru Kamukura Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom